The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• BristolMDF
    1110 posts Professional
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Assuming that this indecipherable waffle is talking about lunch, mushroom omelette for me.

FFS, could you be any more middle class :D

What do you mean? I’m not even putting the truffle oil on this one.
  • They Caged Non
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Assuming that this indecipherable waffle is talking about lunch, mushroom omelette for me.

FFS, could you be any more middle class :D

What do you mean? I’m not even putting the truffle oil on this one.

A side of Fois Gras haha. My 'lunch' as you poncy southerners call it is usually pretty grim tbh. This is a straight up treat today.

• BristolMDF
    1110 posts Professional
    If it helps dissuade the posh impression you have of me, my omelette was served with a side of Flaming Hot Monster Munch
  • Alastair
    10203 posts Moderator
    edited April 21
    If it helps dissuade the posh impression you have of me, my omelette was served with a side of Flaming Hot Monster Munch

I'm not familiar with this "monster munch". Is it some sort of wild animal you kill when you go shooting in the country with Jeeves?
  • BristolMDF
    1110 posts Professional
    Alastair wrote: »

I'm not familiar with this "monster munch". Is it some sort of wild animal you kill when you go shooting in the country with Jeeves?

One doesn’t accompany Jeeves, one simply enjoys the spoils.
  • They Caged Non

Should have added it to the omelette before folding in, in fact thats your task for tomorrow, then post pics in here, although im certain that would break community guidelines for offensive content haha.
  • BristolMDF
    1110 posts Professional

Should have added it to the omelette before folding in, in fact thats your task for tomorrow, then post pics in here, although im certain that would break community guidelines for offensive content haha.

Don’t give me ideas!
  • They Caged Non

Don’t give me ideas!

:trollface::D
  • wheelerdeeler
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Are we just getting a Championship TOTS then? Unless EA can't find a generic EFL badge.
  • iHilarious
    13241 posts Has That Special Something
    No Dickie then I guess :(

James Henry should’ve been the one anyway
  • Hicksy2011
    16349 posts World Class
    I’m assuming they didn’t realise that says championship at the top
    Or I’m hoping anyway
  • wheelerdeeler
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Or I’m hoping anyway

Surely EA can't be that incompe... actually, you're probably right.
  • wheelerdeeler
    iHilarious wrote: »
    No Dickie then I guess :(

James Henry should’ve been the one anyway

I had both in mine. You're welcome.
  • They Caged Non
    Or I’m hoping anyway

I’m convinced they are just trolling by now
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited April 22
    I've turned into Martin Jol on Football Manager, signings players who are well past their best hoping to get some last bit of quality out of them.

Have 7 players who are retiring at the end of the season, most of them big names on big money (for League 2). David Stockdale, Sami Khedira, Schone, Parolo, Cabaye, Payet, Podolski. Yes, I do have all of these names in League 2. Most of them are absolutely shocking now.

Currently 6th in League 2 with a game in hand, 3 points off the automatics.
  • Farlz
    8865 posts League Winner
    What we thinking TOTS wise? Don't think I'll be buying the entire Championship TOTS within the first hour like the past couple years :D

Would really like a Benrahma tho
  • wheelerdeeler
    If it's just Championship I'd assume that means the small leagues are just a Starting XI, so probably something like this;
    zkYft7R.png

If it's full EFL then I posted my Prediction on here a while ago;
    azDuZrT.png
    orKuBEc.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    The Benrahma/Watkins link will be very fun.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3864 posts National Call-Up
    Or I’m hoping anyway

My favourite one was during FUT19 when they bought out promo packs with the FUT18 logo and artwork still on them, if that doesn't tell you what they do with their code each year then I don't know what will :D
  • Alastair
    10203 posts Moderator
    Not the most trustworthy source but what's everyone's thoughts about this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8242633/League-One-League-Two-clubs-regional-divide-bid-stay-afloat-coronavirus.html

If you do that you'd have to surely scrap the NL and have NLN/S straight below. Suspect that change couldn't be forced on the NL.
  • Hicksy2011
    16349 posts World Class
    edited April 22
    Absolutely not a fan of that at all
    Bloke is just having a meltdown because he’s spent an unsustainable amount of money, their wage budget recently has been significantly higher than ours off of 10% of the gate
    It’s just so unnecessary for something that is going to create a nonsense league
    Let’s say this season gets finished, and Boro, Wigan and Barnsley go down and Coventry, Oxford and Portsmouth go up (entirely possible scenario)
    You now have a terrible South and a North that includes Boro, Wigan, Barnsley, Sunderland, Bolton, Rotherham, Doncaster, Fleetwood all fighting for presumably one automatic promotion slot and to get to a play off final with the south
    Also the biggest gap in English football right now is the one between league 1 and the championship, if you dilute the prize money and quality of opposition at league 1 you may as well ringfence the championship and higher
  • Alastair
    10203 posts Moderator
    I also found it funny how he talked about '10 famous clubs' potentially going bust. I'm not sure anyone other than him would regard Fleetwood as a famous club. :joy:
  • BristolMDF
    1110 posts Professional
    What’s everyone having for bait today then?
  • iHilarious
    13241 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone else seen Palace now claiming to be the oldest club?
  • wheelerdeeler
    EFL logo on the right of this, so seems like it was just a very uncharacteristic mistake from EA.
    i9sknsxqheu41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=93913f84f3aa74cb2298fc27b59ca1be00fd48c6
  • wheelerdeeler

Funny thing is Rodak's in this twice, and those two arguably aren't even his best saves this season. He made an absolutely ridiculous one against Huddersfield in the 3-2 win.
  • AaronMFC
    1803 posts Play-Off Hero
    Farlz wrote: »

Did you have an easier game all season than that 3-0 win against us i was delighted when you got promoted think we went 6 games without scoring against villa.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Can we all appreciate this promotion battle I'm currently in to get out of League 2. I've got AFC Wimbledon next up as well.
    eFjiwwl.png