The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6814 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 30
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    We've been successful to a degree but only very recently with Bryan and Reid both moving on for big fees, but need to be churning out regularly to actually rely on it as an income stream.

It takes a while to properly get going. We brought Huw Jennings in I think in 2009, and bar Smalling our academy has only really started bringing out the "proper" talent from about 2014 onwards with people like Patrick Roberts, Dembele (granted we signed him from PSG), Bettinelli, Sessegnon, Rodak, Harvey Elliott etc. We're probably helped a lot by being based in a big catchment area, and now we have a reputation for youth development because of people like Sessegnon which has probably helped us get people like Jay Stansfield in.

I remember seeing a thing that a Category 1 Academy costs about ~3m a year to run, so in that sense all you need is 1 Ryan Sessegnon and you've funded that Academy for close to a decade.
  • Hicksy2011
    15802 posts World Class
  • wheelerdeeler
    Anyone else watching/watched Tiger King on Netflix?
  • Dizzy Bala
    3757 posts National Call-Up
    Grealish was visiting Ross McCormack of all people LMAO.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

His move to Villa was fully cursed, I'm convinced of that. Literally don't think they ever got one positive out of it.
  • Tornado31619
    20610 posts Club Captain
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

Say no more.
  • Hicksy2011
    15802 posts World Class
    Now knowing he was with Fat Ross I’m a lot less convinced that Grealish wasn’t on the gear
  • Farlz
    8791 posts League Winner
    Bloody Ross McCormack ffs :D
  • They Caged Non
    6039 posts Big Money Move
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Now knowing he was with Fat Ross I’m a lot less convinced that Grealish wasn’t on the gear

Haha exactly, saying 2 other Prem players there now. No doubt Gabby and Lee Hendrie popped round for old times sake too.
  • They Caged Non
    Imagine being a Premier League club asking for financial support to pay non-playing staff... absolutely astonishing, why do we bother following this game any more? Someone remind me.
  • wheelerdeeler
    The plot for Sunderland Til I Die Series 2 is all over the shop. Completely lost me when they had Cattermole score a double.
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    So good he gets in the TOTW when there’s no football on

• wheelerdeeler
    I have looked to see if we have any players in TOTWs around this time of year in the last couple of years. Short answer, no.
  • Farlz
    8791 posts League Winner
    that flashback Taarabt looks great
  • wheelerdeeler
    Pretty sure it's a Flashback to an IF he got against us, so no thanks. Will still probably do him for SBC fodder mind.
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    Weimann reminded me of @UK_Cam what happened to him?!
  • They Caged Non

Probably turned 18 and discovered the pub and clunge.
  • Hicksy2011
    15802 posts World Class
    Nah he plays 42 games of SB on ultimate and a full WL each week he doesn’t have the time for us anymore
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional

I always had him pegged as a more ‘mature’ fan like us for some reason :lol:
  • They Caged Non

I dunno, i thought he was some young lad tbh... it is like 10 years later now though so is probably mid 30s like you say lol.
  • AaronMFC
    1763 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cant believe i won 20 weekend league games to get Guiata and Schwolow as the best options is my player picks.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I'm done with WL until they put TOTS cards as Red Picks. Literally no point anymore, especially when they're picking crap TOTWs to flashback to.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited April 2
    And to add on to that, saw someone on Reddit point out that they've added in 5 or 6 pretty average 87 Rated Informs just in time for this weekend where you get the 87+ Player Pick if you win 18 games.
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    edited April 2
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Cant believe i won 20 weekend league games to get Guiata and Schwolow as the best options is my player picks.

Yeah I Guaita say that’s a pretty tough one to Schwolow.
  • AaronMFC
    1763 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Yeah I Guaita say that’s a pretty tough one to Schwolow.

Glad i didnt pick Ben Mee now.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3833 posts National Call-Up

I dunno, i thought he was some young lad tbh... it is like 10 years later now though so is probably mid 30s like you say lol.
    From memory he is 3 or 4 years older than me, being 23 myself I'll let you figure out the answer to that one, but give me a shout if they don't teach Numeracy up north mate x
  • BristolMDF
    1011 posts Professional
    Was only a matter of time before this whole virus thing started a class war.
  • They Caged Non

From memory he is 3 or 4 years older than me, being 23 myself I'll let you figure out the answer to that one, but give me a shout if they don't teach Numeracy up north mate x

Hahaha, we dont need to count up here mate, all down mines aren't we.
    Was only a matter of time before this whole virus thing started a class war.

:D