The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6182 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t know about 4* skills, but yeah it’s 80+ on all base stats.

Ah ok, yeah, most ❤️❤️❤️❤️ centre backs are in the Gullit gang now :D
  • They Caged Non
    Look at that ridiculous Bartra card, I moved him back to CM and he is technically one of the best mids in the game. Same as Acuna.

And let’s not even talk about the stupid Mendy CM card.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7122 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 27
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    I still played ut til last year the drag backs killed it for me and i gave up straight away tried this year before too many games being 5-4 made me give up. I cant afford good cbs i have to go for the best cheap ones the rest of the defence is shaw and perreira, my cms are keita and ndombele and both are somehow better than de bruyne and 89 gerrard. Packed alisson and de bruyne in untradables so have the odd high rated player.

19 is the worst FIFA in the last 4 or 5 years. Might be rose tinted glasses because I was genuinely top tier on 18 in that I got Elite 1 in Champs multiple times, but I thought 18 was decent. Played it until the end of May. I'd given up completely on 19 in January.

Still going on 20, although that might just be because there's nothing else to do at the moment and I'm hoping there's a Fulham TOTS card or two to use in the not too distant future.

Don't know how many SBCs you've done, but a good way to build your club up is to go on Futbin and look at the best Value for Coins SBCs and do them.
  • AaronMFC
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero
    I still played ut til last year the drag backs killed it for me and i gave up straight away tried this year before too many games being 5-4 made me give up. I cant afford good cbs i have to go for the best cheap ones the rest of the defence is shaw and perreira, my cms are keita and ndombele and both are somehow better than de bruyne and 89 gerrard. Packed alisson and de bruyne in untradables so have the odd high rated player.

19 is the worst FIFA in the last 4 or 5 years. Might be rose tinted glasses because I was genuinely top tier on 18 in that I got Elite 1 in Champs multiple times, but I thought 18 was decent. Played it until the end of May. I'd given up completely on 19 in January.

Still going on 20, although that might just be because there's nothing else to do at the moment and I'm hoping there's a Fulham TOTS card or two to use in the not too distant future.

Don't know how many SBCs you've done, but a good way to build your club up is to go on Futbin and look at the best Value for Coins SBCs and do them.

I only have 30,000 coins wasted most on drafts and didnt even win any lost a final on pens which was annoying. Might just play weekend league for the next few weeks and see what rewards i should get at least 18 wins most weeks.
  • They Caged Non

I only have 30,000 coins wasted most on drafts and didnt even win any lost a final on pens which was annoying. Might just play weekend league for the next few weeks and see what rewards i should get at least 18 wins most weeks.

I’m terrible at WL, hate every minute of it. Rivals is frustrating too mind.
  • AaronMFC
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero

I miss seasons i also hate rivals i almost always have to play against evenly matched players with miles better teams. ive only done weekend league a couple of times and stopped as soon as i got 2 player picks.
  • They Caged Non

I miss seasons i also hate rivals i almost always have to play against evenly matched players with miles better teams. ive only done weekend league a couple of times and stopped as soon as i got 2 player picks.

I got like silver one the first time I tried it then won 3 games last week trying to do icon swaps and just lost my mind after that, 5/6 down by half time in every game, people carving through my team like a knife through butter, was like playing without my hands on the pad. I’ve got enough to redeem now but never doing it again.

Although atm I’m really really struggling to even switch the Xbox on, bought CR7 last week and I’ve used him once, just no motivation to play.
  • AaronMFC
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero

I got like silver one the first time I tried it then won 3 games last week trying to do icon swaps and just lost my mind after that, 5/6 down by half time in every game, people carving through my team like a knife through butter, was like playing without my hands on the pad. I’ve got enough to redeem now but never doing it again.

Although atm I’m really really struggling to even switch the Xbox on, bought CR7 last week and I’ve used him once, just no motivation to play.

Theres no way id be playing if pubs were still open but want to get a good team to prepare myself for the long haul.
  • They Caged Non

Theres no way id be playing if pubs were still open but want to get a good team to prepare myself for the long haul.

The sun will be shining on our garden for 11hrs a day soon, I have a decent portable speaker and plenty of wine.. I’ll forget what an Xbox even is mate:)
  • Alastair
    10217 posts Moderator

@GoodnightIrene How does a League 1 club get debts of 24 million?
  • GoodnightIrene
    3877 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »

Considering the Stadium and Training Ground projects have gone nowhere your guess is as good as mine.
  • wheelerdeeler

Loan Fee for Timmy Abraham wasn't cheap.
  • They Caged Non

The 70s called, it wants it’s stand back.

Seriously though that’s nuts, we are paying gash players 50k a week and don’t even have that much debt.
  • Hicksy2011
    16529 posts World Class
    edited March 28
    That’s our player wage bill for the next 6 years
    Smells a bit fishy doesn’t it
  • BristolMDF
    1167 posts Professional
    It’s almost as if a Jordanian billionaire didn’t grow up with Ian Holloway posters on his wall.
  • GoodnightIrene

Seriously though that’s nuts, we are paying gash players 50k a week and don’t even have that much debt.
    We are a very poorly run club, always have been, only ever survived as a selling club, Wael even said we have invested significantly into our youth levels to fund the club years down the line to reduce debt. The Rovers way x
  • They Caged Non

We are a very poorly run club, always have been, only ever survived as a selling club, Wael even said we have invested significantly into our youth levels to fund the club years down the line to reduce debt. The Rovers way x

That’s a crazy way to rely on income isn’t it, sensible in one respect because it’s almost like free income but supporting a club with similar methods I know the actual rate of players who ‘make it’ is very low. And even then the cash generated isn’t always that good.
  • GoodnightIrene

That’s a crazy way to rely on income isn’t it, sensible in one respect because it’s almost like free income but supporting a club with similar methods I know the actual rate of players who ‘make it’ is very low. And even then the cash generated isn’t always that good.
    It can work if you utilise it properly, but then our last big player we had come through the youth we went on to let the contract run down and lose them for free, so there you go, can't even do that right.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Brentford are probably the best example of it working. Given they've probably made a profit every year for a while, and have year on year improved. But their scouting network must be next level to literally always find someone as good if not better than the player they're selling. Their scouting must be up there with the Red Bull clubs in-terms of always finding some hidden gem(s).
  • BristolMDF
    1167 posts Professional
    We've been successful to a degree but only very recently with Bryan and Reid both moving on for big fees, but need to be churning out regularly to actually rely on it as an income stream.
  • BristolMDF
    1167 posts Professional
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »

But shud b 4England M9
  • They Caged Non
    I dont want to draw any conclusions from that article, but im going to anyway.

Having being the participant at plenty of all night parties when i was his age... there is no way on earth he has only been 'drinking'.. its 8am, he is wearing odd shoes... if that isnt a massive sign that he has been on the gear then i dont know what is.

The difference between me and him, im a nobody who works in a Warehouse, he is a public figure thats meant to be setting an example to young men who want to become footballers, they dont have anything else to offer society so if they cant even do that then whats the point in their existence?... absolute cretin.
  • Hicksy2011
    16529 posts World Class
    The only thing I’d say is he gets drug tested so I’d be stunned if he was on the gear
    But your point of him being in a terrible mental state if he was still out at 8am is absolutely right, complete moron
    Such fine margins at the moment with England too, Maddison, Mount, Foden, Grealish etc etc all competing for one place in the starting line up, this could cost him hugely
  • They Caged Non
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    The only thing I’d say is he gets drug tested so I’d be stunned if he was on the gear
    But your point of him being in a terrible mental state if he was still out at 8am is absolutely right, complete moron
    Such fine margins at the moment with England too, Maddison, Mount, Foden, Grealish etc etc all competing for one place in the starting line up, this could cost him hugely

I think there are ways to circumnavigate drug tests.. i have mates who work offshore etc and get tested and they know exactly how long and what things they can take to neutralise the tests. Plus im willing to bet there is no testing going on during lockdown so its free reign to do whatever. There are 2 former Middlesbrough 'stars' (ill give you a clue one is now our manager) who 100% hung around with proper naughty people round the town, probably still do, and loads of people knew what they were getting up to at these parties etc.

Also people who wear white socks and them horrible designer sliders need locking up just for that, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Chavs.
  • Farlz
    8903 posts League Winner
    Managed to keep his name out of bad press for a while. Really disappointed with this.

At least United fans have stopped licking his arse though, weird fanbase.
  • Apollo
    19656 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    Managed to keep his name out of bad press for a while. Really disappointed with this.

Being hyped about a player who has reportedly been the club's number 1 target for the position for a fair while now is not exclusive to United :joy: What a ridiculous comment :D
  • They Caged Non

Be interesting to see how the club handle this, i bet if he was not the star player he would be sacked and contract terminated, but 50m or whatever he is worth might sway that.
    Apollo wrote: »

Being hyped about a player who has reportedly been the club's number 1 target for the position for a fair while now is not exclusive to United :joy: What a ridiculous comment :D

Yeah but in general he isnt wrong, they are a weird fanbase.. at least where i come from they are... loads of cranks who couldnt even drive you to Manchester sat in the pub on a saturday afternoon with the latest replica shirt on cheering them on like their life depended on it.
  • Farlz
    8903 posts League Winner
    edited March 30

Be interesting to see how the club handle this, i bet if he was not the star player he would be sacked and contract terminated, but 50m or whatever he is worth might sway that.
    Well he quite obviously won't have his contract terminated, that would be stupid. No matter the player I don't think anyone would have his contract ripped up, imo anyway.

I guess if this is all true he'll be given a hefty fine and if the club really aren't happy then stripped of captaincy.

• They Caged Non

Well he quite obviously won't have his contract terminated, that would be stupid. No matter the player I don't think anyone would have his contract ripped up, imo anyway.

I guess if this is all true he'll be given a hefty fine and if the club really aren't happy then stripped of captaincy.

You say that, but Derby sacked Keogh straight after that incident and he wasnt even driving.. the lads who might be worth something they stayed though :)