The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6182 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    I know why this is the most talked about one, but I still maintain this Juve team were nothing special compared to the Shakhtar and Wolfsburg teams we beat especially Shakhtar. That Shakhtar team looking back is terrifying and we somehow beat them with Dickson Etuhu playing Centre-Mid.

Middlesbrough are doing a full replay of our win against Basel on Youtube soon, i think ill avoid causing myself any unnecessary pain looking back at when we were actually any good.

Ill be watching it if they show steaua as well im going to have a lot to drink and celebrate maccarones winner like its live.

I remember crying like a baby that night, row 10 in the east stand

I was only 11 at the time thought id see more times like that im more likely to cry watching it when they stream it. That team was so good watching yesterday needing 4 goals and still so composed when were 1-0 down now 9/10 its game over. Viduka was immense.

Fabio Rochemback, the enigma
  • Apollo
    19656 posts World Class

Awful, awful news. Thoughts with his family
  • BristolMDF
    1167 posts Professional
    RIP, what a player he was. Barely any older than me, brings it home a bit :(
  • Farlz
    8903 posts League Winner
    Terrible news
  • Tornado31619
    21279 posts Club Captain
    RIP.
  • Hicksy2011
    16529 posts World Class
    RIP, he’ll be synonymous with the EFL in the 2010s, what a player
  • They Caged Non
    Brutal... i just googled the news story and it said he fell down stairs at a pub... such a simple thing and bang, gone, thats absolutely frightening. RIP
  • ryan217
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Absolutely gutted at the Whittingham news, easily the best player I've seen play for the City and a truly decent man.
    RIP Peter, you will be missed.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    There was always a bit of a meme with Whittingham, considering we wanted to sign him and Darren Pratley at one point. Sad to see he lost his life so young.
  • They Caged Non
    That thread in GD asking for a Mark Noble special card... jesus.
  • Alastair
    10217 posts Moderator
    Just read this on BBC:
    db9a1b70c0b0d1aa18f13935d8d18610.png

Don't know what @Karlos has been complaining about for months. Looks like Bury were saved by a takeover last year.
  • They Caged Non
    Right lads, time to pick a subject to discuss in this lounge.. we can’t let some dirty Chinese bat eater and a bout of flu kill the thread.

Thoughts on what to discuss? I love music more than my own mam so happy to talk about that providing it’s not all this Kanye West and Drake ❤️❤️❤️❤️... also love food and alcohol so can easily kill a few hours discussing that.
  • BristolMDF
    1167 posts Professional
    Food gets my vote!
  • AaronMFC
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero
    I only have one beer left in the fridge so alcohol is a touchy subject right now.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3877 posts National Call-Up
    Stags are my favourite animals, and I prefer the summer over the winter.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7122 posts Big Money Move
    I'm probably the least qualified person to talk about music on the planet considering I've literally got about 20 songs on my phone and I could probably do without 5 or 6 of them.
  • wheelerdeeler
    One thing I saw on Twitter was a "social distancing" team for the Championship where you were only allowed one player per team. Think mine would be something like;
    Bialkowski; Cash, Ayala, Lenihan, Pedersen; Phillips, Pearson; Pereira, Rooney, Benrahma; Mitrovic.
    Bench of
    Smithies, van der Hoorn, Robinson, Bannan, Eze, Eliasson, Lyle Taylor.
  • They Caged Non
    I'm probably the least qualified person to talk about music on the planet considering I've literally got about 20 songs on my phone and I could probably do without 5 or 6 of them.

No interest in music at all?
    Stags are my favourite animals, and I prefer the summer over the winter.

Good animal, named after a great tinned Chilli.
    I only have one beer left in the fridge so alcohol is a touchy subject right now.

Ouch mate, same here but I have gin, tonic and a bottle of Pinot so not quite on that level yet. I’ve found that Chavs don’t drink real ale, red wine or IPA so plenty of that left in the shops.
  • wheelerdeeler

I just hear a song and decide I like it. Don't have any favourite genre, artist etc. My playlist is probably the weirdest mix you can have.
    Banks & Steelz- Giant
    Gorillaz- Rhinestone Eyes
    Dizzee Rascal- Going Crazy
    Bastille- Pompeii
    Wax Fang- Majestic
    Coldplay- Adventure of a Lifetime
    Green Day- Bang Bang
    Green Day- 21 Guns
    Green Day- Jesus of Suburbia
    Jidenna- Long Live The Chief
    The Killers- (do I have to say which song?)
    The Phantoms- This is a War
    The Struts- Could Have Been Me
    4 Non Blondes- What's Up
    Outkast- Hey Ya
    Post Malone- Sunflower
    Post Malone- Rockstar
    Post Malone- White Iverson
    Khalid- Young, Dumb and Broke.

And as I say, I could probably get rid of 5 or 6 of them and go on with my life. Specifically two of the Green Day songs, Coldplay, What's Up, This is a War and Rockstar.

Also, fun fact I've only ever seen a live musical performance I think 3 times in my life. One was when my parents made me go to a U2 concert, another was when I went to an NFL game at Wembley and saw My Chemical Romance, and the third was Pitbull when I went to Wrestlemania in Orlando.
  • They Caged Non

I just hear a song and decide I like it. Don't have any favourite genre, artist etc. My playlist is probably the weirdest mix you can have.
    Banks & Steelz- Giant
    Bastille- Pompeii
    Wax Fang- Majestic
    Green Day- Bang Bang
    Green Day- 21 Guns
    4 Non Blondes- What's Up
    Outkast- Hey Ya
    Post Malone- Sunflower
    Post Malone- Rockstar

And as I say, I could probably get rid of 5 or 6 of them and go on with my life. Specifically two of the Green Day songs, Coldplay, What's Up, This is a War and Rockstar.

Also, fun fact I've only ever seen a live musical performance I think 3 times in my life. One was when my parents made me go to a U2 concert, another was when I went to an NFL game at Wembley and saw My Chemical Romance, and the third was Pitbull when I went to Wrestlemania in Orlando.

Hahaha I reckon I could out random you on the playlist front but being a DJ ive got 90gb of music on my laptop. Never heard of my chemical romance and Pitbull sounds as rubbish as his name suggests.
  • mott1993
    927 posts Semi-Pro

Banks & Steelz- Giant
    Bastille- Pompeii
    Wax Fang- Majestic
    Green Day- Bang Bang
    Green Day- 21 Guns
    4 Non Blondes- What's Up
    Outkast- Hey Ya
    Post Malone- Sunflower
    Post Malone- Rockstar

Hahaha I reckon I could out random you on the playlist front but being a DJ ive got 90gb of music on my laptop. Never heard of my chemical romance and Pitbull sounds as rubbish as his name suggests.

You're not wrong there
  • AaronMFC
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have disaronno which i barely drink and some Port from my trip to Portugal so its not a disaster. Also rhinestone eyes is a class song.
  • DelboyIRA
    386 posts Sunday League Hero

Banks & Steelz- Giant
    Bastille- Pompeii
    Wax Fang- Majestic
    Green Day- Bang Bang
    Green Day- 21 Guns
    4 Non Blondes- What's Up
    Outkast- Hey Ya
    Post Malone- Sunflower
    Post Malone- Rockstar

I would say it's The Killers version of Joy Division Shadowplay
  • They Caged Non
    The Stanton Warriors remix of feel good inc is my favourite Gorillaz track
  • They Caged Non
    Teams had a bit of an upgrade since i packed Schmeichel in the Prime Icon pack.. sold IF hando and Ederson plus a couple of others to fund 88 Koeman and 89 Hagi... both beasts. Just liquidated a load of unused players in the club and sold 85 Crespo and managed to get CR7 with the coins so buzzing with my team now. Trying to avoid the usual suspects from the Prem etc and go for a team of 10 players who can all play ball.

Ri4JzdO.jpg
  • Lard_Lad
    12730 posts Has That Special Something

My last beer was drank this weekend. Thankfully I have 5 bottles of Gin, 2 litres of rum, a bottle of red win and a bottle of white wine left.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Is there a reason you have an Anchor on Politano?
  • Hicksy2011
    16529 posts World Class
    Had to run out and pick up some stuff to drop off for my gran who is self isolating
    How unfortunate that I accidentally put a crate of beer in my basket while I was at it
  • BristolMDF
    1167 posts Professional

He was out of Hunters :trollface:
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »

He was out of Hunters :trollface:

@wheelerdeeler not a clue haha, let me have a look.

@BristolMDF lol, you know me too well :trollface: