The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Ashy
    10842 posts Has That Special Something
    Okay so clubs are going to try complete all competitions before June 30th if the 'situation improves' well what a waste of that that is because it won't improve in the next couple of months
  • wheelerdeeler
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 17
    Why couldn't it have been Flashback Cyrus Christie to his Derby TOTS... The McGeady link to SBC Maguire is tempting though.
  • BristolMDF
    1151 posts Professional
    Some seriously sick people about if it’s fake
  • ryan217
    2923 posts Fans' Favourite
    I refuse to believe the Whittingham stories until I see official confirmation, horrible news if it is true though
  • wheelerdeeler
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Gattuso, Overmars or Prime Pack ....

I wouldn’t do the Pack. There’s a chance you get Ronaldo, Gullit or Eusebio, but chances are you end up getting a Keeper.

I always say it depends on who you already have. If you need an upgrade for LW get Overmars etc. Although you can do Overmars and Gattuso if you go for it with the tokens.

I have naff all. I haven’t really played and started a new club about a month ago from scratch. I have c. 300k, untradeable Griezmann, Casemiro, and Jo and James from the objectives. Plus 7 icon tokens and counting....

I really don’t play very seriously at all so I’m tempted to gamble on the pack and build something around whoever I get. I’ll play again seriously from the start of ‘21 but I’m really not bothered about 20.

Out of interest I’ve now played c. 150 games and still no web app access, what gives? I played about 200+ on my old account and didn’t have it there either. Can’t be right surely?

Whenever I think about doing the Icon Pack I'm reminded of that Family Guy bit where Peter can choose between a Boat and a Mystery Box. "It could be anything, even a boat". In short, I'd just like to know what I'm getting for the time I put in to getting the tokens. It's up to you though, it's only a game at the end of the day and we're in the end times.

Can't tell you anything about the Web App though, never had that problem. Would say go on EA Help, but they very rarely actually... well, help.

Haha yeah completely get that. And if I really cared about the outcome I probably wouldn’t even consider it. But there’s no other low token option that particularly interests me and I probably won’t bother enough to grind enough to get anything in the 15-20 tokens range

Yeah that's fair enough. I've already committed to my picks by doing Gattuso and doing the 2 Token segment for Maldini so I can't change my mind. I just know that I'd either end up getting a Keeper or getting another Untradeable Zanetti because I got him from Icon Swap 1.
  • Farlz
    8897 posts League Winner
    7f0d4574d2df42ee41d5d74fd3560217.png

Doing icon swaps might be the worst thing ever but all worth for super Frank
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 17
    The three I haven't done are the Prem, Ligue 1 and the all Champions League team. I think I'm going to skip the Ligue 1 and Champions League because Champions League cards are ridiculously inflated at the moment and my 1st Owner Ligue 1 team (of actually usable cards) is literally this;
    BHxaWnJ.png

Need two more decent Prem first owners (thinking about doing Sane for one of them) and I can do that one no problem. I don't have the patience to go into Rivals with absolutely horrific teams and try and sweat the wins out. Hoping I get something decent out of FUT Champs rewards, although do we even know what they are?
    BNZO4cZ.png
  • mott1993
    927 posts Semi-Pro
    The three I haven't done are the Prem, Ligue 1 and the all Champions League team. I think I'm going to skip the Ligue 1 and Champions League because Champions League cards are ridiculously inflated at the moment and my 1st Owner Ligue 1 team (of actually usable cards) is literally this;
    BHxaWnJ.png

Need two more decent Prem first owners (thinking about doing Sane for one of them) and I can do that one no problem. I don't have the patience to go into Rivals with absolutely horrific teams and try and sweat the wins out. Hoping I get something decent out of FUT Champs rewards, although do we even know what they are?
    BNZO4cZ.png

I did the Premier League and Bundesliga yesterday, and have no intention of doing Ligue 1 or the Champions League one because I don't have the players, or very good players
  • BristolMDF
    1151 posts Professional
    I did them with teams of non rares but I’ve only just started again and am in D8 :joy:
  • mott1993
    927 posts Semi-Pro
    I did them with teams of non rares but I’ve only just started again and am in D8 :joy:

I got promoted to D2 and don't like it. Trying to complete the Politano objective because I don't want to win
  • BristolMDF
    1151 posts Professional
    mott1993 wrote: »

I got promoted to D2 and don't like it. Trying to complete the Politano objective because I don't want to win

Not an issue I’m ever likely to face :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 17
    mott1993 wrote: »

I did the Inter Politano before I did all of them bar La Liga (because my La Liga team is stupid anyway) specifically to relegate myself. Just let the other person win if they let me score goals with all of the Serie A players and finished it in about 2 hours and got myself down to Div 5. And then I did the Napoli Politano by doing the Serie A Icon Swap. Worked out well.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3782 posts National Call-Up
    Well boys, I don't know how but i've managed it.
    24d1b215733a5efa6606759acfe5a971.png
  • AaronMFC
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ill probably be bored enough to play a lot more ut at the moment so ill ask how do you defend drag backs and fake shots even if you read it half the time its too fast. I miss ut when headers and chip through balls were overpowered, its better than people doing 3 skill moves every 5 seconds.
  • BristolMDF
    1151 posts Professional
    Wish me luck boys. I can almost smell that Sol Campbell.

164af1f7dee618faded7239696161c02.jpg
  • Hicksy2011
    16483 posts World Class
    Good luck
    I got Butragueno in it, a riveting success
  • BristolMDF
    1151 posts Professional
    Don’t do packs kids

EDA05-C69-3468-49-E4-80-B4-0-FEA37937-CA9.jpg
  • wheelerdeeler
    At least it wasn’t a Keeper.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 18
    I know why this is the most talked about one, but I still maintain this Juve team were nothing special compared to the Shakhtar and Wolfsburg teams we beat especially Shakhtar. That Shakhtar team looking back is terrifying and we somehow beat them with Dickson Etuhu playing Centre-Mid.
  • CaTriEm
    1815 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reports now saying that Peter Whittingham has not passed away, but is currently in hospital after suffering a head injury. Don't know how serious.
  • They Caged Non
    6175 posts Big Money Move
    I know why this is the most talked about one, but I still maintain this Juve team were nothing special compared to the Shakhtar and Wolfsburg teams we beat especially Shakhtar. That Shakhtar team looking back is terrifying and we somehow beat them with Dickson Etuhu playing Centre-Mid.

Middlesbrough are doing a full replay of our win against Basel on Youtube soon, i think ill avoid causing myself any unnecessary pain looking back at when we were actually any good.
  • wheelerdeeler

Middlesbrough are doing a full replay of our win against Basel on Youtube soon, i think ill avoid causing myself any unnecessary pain looking back at when we were actually any good.

We're doing a replay of the Juve game tonight complete with Twitter coverage. Would assume we'll end up doing Wolfsburg and Hamburg as well depending on how long this all goes on for.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Would've been tempted to start Dempsey instead of Davies or Duff and play Gera on the wing. Might be better as an impact sub though, who knows. Decent team apart from that. Happy Hangeland's fit, alternative is Smalling and he's not going to go anywhere with his career.
  • Hicksy2011
    16483 posts World Class
    edited March 18
    We did AC Milan last night
    Can’t believe we were 2-0 up with this team

Only 8 of those Milan players are icons on FIFA now :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 18
    Senderos' Icon card is surely coming soon as well. And I know you don't mean Papa Bouba Diop in that statement. The wardrobe is a legend.
  • AaronMFC
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero

Ill be watching it if they show steaua as well im going to have a lot to drink and celebrate maccarones winner like its live.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Ill be watching it if they show steaua as well im going to have a lot to drink and celebrate maccarones winner like its live.

I remember crying like a baby that night, row 10 in the east stand
  • They Caged Non
    Speaking of crying like a baby, packed Schmeichel.. ffs
  • BristolMDF
    1151 posts Professional
    Speaking of crying like a baby, packed Schmeichel.. ffs

Ouch, though I think I’d have preferred that to Ruud :joy:
  • AaronMFC
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »

I remember crying like a baby that night, row 10 in the east stand

I was only 11 at the time thought id see more times like that im more likely to cry watching it when they stream it. That team was so good watching yesterday needing 4 goals and still so composed when were 1-0 down now 9/10 its game over. Viduka was immense.