The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7073 posts Big Money Move
    Are we the Farmers League now where our runaway leaders don't do well in Europe because they have no competition?
  • ryan217
    2920 posts Fans' Favourite
    "Best league in the world" :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 11
    If Real beat City we won't have any teams in the Quarters for the CL. Would just be on Wolves against Olympiacos in the Europa.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • They Caged Non
    6165 posts Big Money Move
    Dbyn9QA.png
  • mott1993
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    If Real beat City we won't have any teams in the Quarters for the CL. Would just be on Wolves against Olympiacos in the Europa.

Did United get knocked out of the EL?
  • wheelerdeeler
    mott1993 wrote: »

Did United get knocked out of the EL?

They're not getting past the mighty LASK mate. Gernot Trauner's pocketing their whole team (he is decent to be fair). Alternatively, I just forgot about them.
  • Tornado31619
    21189 posts Club Captain
    Let’s hope we even get to play both legs.
  • Hicksy2011
    16431 posts World Class

Yessss lad first of many
    We’ve also won 4 of these in a row, maybe the fan vote idea isn’t the best :joy: (although 2 of the 4 were richly deserved)
  • Hicksy2011
    16431 posts World Class

Love to see it @Lard_Lad
    Can’t wait to see Baldock, Lundstram and Stevens playing in the CL next year after all going on a L2 tour together 3 years ago
  • Farlz
    8882 posts League Winner
    This coronavirus is getting a bit wild fellas
  • They Caged Non
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Love to see it @Lard_Lad
    Can’t wait to see Baldock, Lundstram and Stevens playing in the CL next year after all going on a L2 tour together 3 years ago

Class, mint tune too
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    This coronavirus is getting a bit wild fellas

Most mental thing in all of this (apart from the whole illegal bat meat in China potentially shutting down world Football) is that we've got a game in just over 24 hours time that as of writing is still going to be played with a crowd.
  • BristolMDF
    1133 posts Professional
    You know it’s been a long season when you start hoping for your games start getting played behind closed doors so that you finally have an excuse to stop going.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 12
    Think after the UEFA meeting next week they'll push the Euros back a year, the leagues will be suspended for a month or so and then the games that have been missed will be played in late May and June.

Would assume the games this weekend will be Behind Closed Doors, but as I said we're playing in just over 24 Hours time and we haven't heard anything yet. At least it's Brentford I suppose, if it was a team from outside London where fans will have had to book trains in advance it would be very messy.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Will be fuming if they opt to play games behind closed doors as opposed to just pushing the season back a few weeks.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Our game tomorrow's going ahead as normal. Would imagine it's a week to week (or even day to day) basis though.
  • Farlz
    8882 posts League Winner
    All carrying on as normal then
  • They Caged Non
    Farlz wrote: »
    All carrying on as normal then

Surely there is gonna be some virus songs kicking about on the terraces this weekend.
  • Tornado31619
    21189 posts Club Captain
    Jackett tested positive
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 12
    Still think it's mental that as of now our game tomorrow is going ahead in front of a 20k crowd (probably less, can see people deciding to stay at home) where I reckon 95% of people going will be on trains, tubes, buses etc. to get there.

The emergency meeting with the Prem thanks to Arteta might end up changing things though. Said it yesterday, at this point you'd expect the PFA to step in and demand games are postponed to protect its members.
  • AaronMFC
    1819 posts Play-Off Hero
    Obviously the right decision i have no idea what im going to do with my weekends now though.
  • wheelerdeeler
    What was that in the end for our game? 9 Hours notice. Said it yesterday, they’re lucky it’s a London derby where no trains booked in advance are involved (or very few).
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 13
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Obviously the right decision i have no idea what im going to do with my weekends now though.

I get the feeling I’m going to be watching a lot of Netflix.

Might even end up playing FIFA beyond my usual Gold 3 in Weekend League depending on the Icon Swaps they bring out today.
  • AaronMFC
    1819 posts Play-Off Hero

Might even end up playing FIFA beyond my usual Gold 3 in Weekend League depending on the Icon Swaps they bring out today.

Netflix will definitely be a solution, ramseys kitchen nightmares on all 4 will also help pass the time. Cant be doing with UT it gets worse every year its more like fifa street than a decent football game.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Low down on the priority list, but I’m curious to see what the players end up doing now. Seems a bit pointless to have training as normal when they won’t be playing any games for a minimum of three weeks (and that’ll probably be longer).
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 13

Netflix will definitely be a solution, ramseys kitchen nightmares on all 4 will also help pass the time. Cant be doing with UT it gets worse every year its more like fifa street than a decent football game.

They’ll be starting the TOTS promo soon though at this rate. As I said, depends on the Icon Swaps. Might try out the new (well not new anymore) CoD.
  • They Caged Non
    I might head out with my camera if the weather sorts itself out but otherwise im just gonna chill out... Im at work for some of tomorrow so wasnt going to the match anyway.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3777 posts National Call-Up
    Gutted, our best season in ten years and they're gunna end up cancelling it because some mucky ❤️❤️❤️❤️ didn't wash his hands.
  • Farlz
    8882 posts League Winner
    Cancelling the entire thing is our only chance of survival :#