The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7076 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 3
    Is it bad that I'm 99% likely to go out of my way to watch the Gibraltar/San Marino game(s)? True clash of the titans.
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    strings79 wrote: »
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    2 Points dropped really winning so late on. Our game at charlton on saturday is our biggest game for a long long time if we lose i doubt we recover and stay up we need something.

Charlton are awful pal you are in big trouble if you havent enough to beat them hope you do as would love to see the little weasel bowyer relegated

We only got 2 Points off them this season. Although I'm fairly certain that you're the only team in the relegation scrap that we've actually done the double over this season and we've already played everyone twice apart from Wigan.

yeah didnt help 1st time you played us we still had the clown siewert in charge
  • wheelerdeeler
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    2 Points dropped really winning so late on. Our game at charlton on saturday is our biggest game for a long long time if we lose i doubt we recover and stay up we need something.

Charlton are awful pal you are in big trouble if you havent enough to beat them hope you do as would love to see the little weasel bowyer relegated

We only got 2 Points off them this season. Although I'm fairly certain that you're the only team in the relegation scrap that we've actually done the double over this season and we've already played everyone twice apart from Wigan.

yeah didnt help 1st time you played us we still had the clown siewert in charge

I would counter that by saying we've had Parker all season,
  • They Caged Non
    6171 posts Big Money Move
    Is it bad that I'm 99% likely to go out of my way to watch the Gibraltar/San Marino game(s)? True clash of the titans.

Its almost like there is nothing else better to do in London.
  • They Caged Non
    Listening to the Mike Dean episode of the Crouch podcast, mint.
  • iHilarious
    13253 posts Has That Special Something

For you stat geeks out there..

Predicted 4th - 15% or so in top 2.. I’ll take it
  • Hicksy2011
    16442 posts World Class
    I’ll take that but we have a lot of tough games still to come so could defo go any way for us
    Still got Oxford Posh Donny Ipswich Rotherham Fleetwood and most of those are away
    If by some miracle we win the Posh and Fleetwood games over the next week then that would be the play offs wrapped up for us think with a free shot at the autos
    Just a weird league isn’t it, top teams suddenly from nowhere go 4/5 games without a win
  • iHilarious
    13253 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I’ll take that but we have a lot of tough games still to come so could defo go any way for us
    Still got Oxford Posh Donny Ipswich Rotherham Fleetwood and most of those are away
    If by some miracle we win the Posh and Fleetwood games over the next week then that would be the play offs wrapped up for us think with a free shot at the autos
    Just a weird league isn’t it, top teams suddenly from nowhere go 4/5 games without a win

We’ve still got 4 of the top 6 to play. Think if we win the next 2 and go to Adams Park on 21st and win there we’re in with a shot
  • wheelerdeeler
    So we're basically all but guaranteed to get Play-Offs. Would say that's about right to be fair given we've still got to play everyone around us and all of them bar Brentford are away.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 4

There's not much left to do when the butler's retired to his quarters and you've had your evening hummus.
  • They Caged Non

There's not much left to do when the butler's retired to his quarters and you've had your evening hummus.

Can you not travel the tube to the east side and get all edgy eating smashed avocado on toast in Shoredich with the hoodlums?
  • wheelerdeeler

Can you not travel the tube to the east side and get all edgy eating smashed avocado on toast in Shoredich with the hoodlums?

Avocado? Do you think I'm a commoner? Anything less than Foie Gras on Toast and I'm not having it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I've ended up doing the Flashback Rooney after saying I wouldn't. Just linking him with normal Joe Bryan for now and hoping we get a usable Championship Left-Back at some point (is it just the 5 major leagues getting a 3rd option for the League SBCs this year?).
  • They Caged Non
    I've ended up doing the Flashback Rooney after saying I wouldn't. Just linking him with normal Joe Bryan for now and hoping we get a usable Championship Left-Back at some point (is it just the 5 major leagues getting a 3rd option for the League SBCs this year?).

Acuna is the boy.
  • wheelerdeeler

Acuna is the boy.

I used to have his Left-Back card to link my Red Bruno Fernandes, and I've still got his Futmas one as a sub. No chance I was doing the objective one though.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Looking forward to the Wayne Rooney Testimonial tonight (brought to you by 32Red™).
  • BristolMDF
    1137 posts Professional
    Turned the TV on after 19 mins of the game and they’re talking about Rooney, imagine my shock :lol:
  • wheelerdeeler
    Chris Martin to come on 2nd Half and bang in a Hat-Trick to win it for Wayne Rooney's Derby County.
  • wheelerdeeler
    How's Rooney getting booked in his own testimonial. Poor form.
  • They Caged Non

Acuna is the boy.

I used to have his Left-Back card to link my Red Bruno Fernandes, and I've still got his Futmas one as a sub. No chance I was doing the objective one though.

That 87 card is so so good though, like Allan on roids, and gives me chance to get tagliofoco in my team.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 6

Acuna is the boy.

That 87 card is so so good though, like Allan on roids, and gives me chance to get tagliofoco in my team.

I just can't be bothered to do Objectives in Rivals. Only way I'll end up doing one now is if Mitrovic gets Championship POTY and they put the POTY Cards and YPOTY in Objectives like they did last year (or they put the 94 R9 Ronaldo in Icon Swaps). Didn't even really do Icon Swaps really this Battle Pass. Just got Hierro and that was me done.

Said it the other day, I'm pretty much locked in with my team now at least until TOTS. Only Tradeable players I have in my team are ter Stegen (who I somehow haven't packed all year) and Guardiola. Doing Bryan and Flashback Rooney instead of Schulz and Kimmich this weekend- but still.
    1LGaO5O.jpg
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • They Caged Non

Acuna is the boy.

I just can't be bothered to do Objectives in Rivals. Only way I'll end up doing one now is if Mitrovic gets Championship POTY and they put the POTY Cards and YPOTY in Objectives like they did last year (or they put the 94 R9 Ronaldo in Icon Swaps). Didn't even really do Icon Swaps really this Battle Pass. Just got Hierro and that was me done.

Said it the other day, I'm pretty much locked in with my team now at least until TOTS. Only Tradeable players I have in my team are ter Stegen (who I somehow haven't packed all year) and Guardiola. Doing Bryan and Flashback Rooney instead of Schulz and Kimmich this weekend- but still.
    1LGaO5O.jpg

Nice team like, ill post mine in a min, hang on.
  • They Caged Non
    This is mine, ive got 12k to get this week for 88 Savic and im going to nail Politano for his 89 version this weekend, then ill maybe add an IF keeper just for the sake of it.

caFgcJ7.jpg
  • NornIron
    13713 posts Has That Special Something
    Hopefully that British cup thing happens would love to play some of the wee teams Swindon, Walsall, Rochdale etc.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Would be interesting, but I can't see the English teams (especially the Prem ones) agreeing to it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Feel like that Molumby goal should be disallowed, entirely because of the celebration.
  • wheelerdeeler
    As if Matt Smith has (potentially depending on the 2nd) got a Hat-Trick in half an hour.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Good result that, if only we started the season with Rowett.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3779 posts National Call-Up
    Good result that, if only we started the season with Rowett.
    I gotta hand it to you guys, played us off the pitch. Very frustrating game.