The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7068 posts Big Money Move
    iHilarious wrote: »
    16/24 points in a 9 game February is very promising - moves us into 6th as well. Will be disappointed if we don’t make playoffs now

How good is Rob Dickie? Whenever I look at your result on WhoScored he's seemingly always the "statistical" MOTM.
  • iHilarious
    13250 posts Has That Special Something
    16/24 points in a 9 game February is very promising - moves us into 6th as well. Will be disappointed if we don’t make playoffs now

How good is Rob Dickie? Whenever I look at your result on WhoScored he's seemingly always the "statistical" MOTM.

Very good with both his feet and his head, definitely one of the best centre halves in this league. Apparent interest from Burnley and Southampton so I can see him moving on at the end of the season
  • They Caged Non
    6158 posts Big Money Move
    Please tell me you have all seen that Rooney SBC, i hope you are all joining me in my hatred parade.
  • iHilarious
    Please tell me you have all seen that Rooney SBC, i hope you are all joining me in my hatred parade.

It’s a very good looking card though
  • They Caged Non
    edited March 2

It’s a very good looking card though

Imagine how dull of a team you need to create to fit him in though, oh you got Luke Shaw, Rashford, Gomez, Sterling etc... thats not boring at all. Just need to squeeze Davinson Sanchez in there for the full ❤️❤️❤️❤️ lineup.

P.S. as you can see ive been playing too much Rivals lately and im sick and tired of seeing the same old players.
  • BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional
    Johnson is really starting to sound like a bloke who knows the end is nigh.

You've made 87 changes this season - Lee Bowyer is the only manager that's made more. Is it a case that those players have shown you that if they perform like that, you'll keep them?

“Yeah, absolutely. You don't want to make those changes. The starting point is that you won't believe what's happened to us this year; there's three books, let alone one, and one day, maybe in five years' time, that'll all come out.”
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 2

If there was a decent Championship English Left-Back I'd have done him, but as it is I can't really fit him into my team.

There's probably a fun way to make a team with him and that SBC Phillips though, but I'm locked in on so many Untradeable cards now (only tradeable cards I have in my whole team now are Prime Guardiola and ter Stegen) that it'd just be a waste of coins.
  • Hicksy2011
    16390 posts World Class
    2 hours to kick off and getting nervous
    It’s the hope that kills you :joy:
    Us scoring from set pieces in like 12 of our last 15 games and Arsenal conceding a lot of set pieces recently has convinced me we are going to win this game
    Likely going to be brought down to earth with a bump
  • Retro1989
    5106 posts Big Money Move
    Got a bad feeling about tonight.
  • Hicksy2011
    16390 posts World Class
    Kenny has picked the B team
    Cheers KJ
    At least there is no Lee Brown
  • wheelerdeeler
    You might be getting Champions League this season, @Lard_Lad but we've taken 2nd off you.
  • Hicksy2011
    16390 posts World Class
    Alright performance
    I just don’t get Jackett though, why play the first team for four games getting them all tired if you are going to drop them all and not bother in the fifth round
    This is also the second time we played a Prem team this season and in both he’s for absolutely no reason played a lot of people out of position in defence
    Shame the whole game turned from an offside goal mind you
  • Dizzy Bala
    3775 posts National Call-Up
    Of course Gestede scored, poor from us and Diakhaby is awful lmao.
  • They Caged Non
    You might be getting Champions League this season, @Lard_Lad but we've taken 2nd off you.

That’s insane that stat like.
  • wheelerdeeler

That’s insane that stat like.

... and I wasn't even there for the last one. Was the first day of the 11/12 season and I was in Prague.
  • AaronMFC
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    2 Points dropped really winning so late on. Our game at charlton on saturday is our biggest game for a long long time if we lose i doubt we recover and stay up we need something.
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Of course Gestede scored, poor from us and Diakhaby is awful lmao.

please keep diakhaby cant believe you were daft enough to sign him in the first place !
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    2 Points dropped really winning so late on. Our game at charlton on saturday is our biggest game for a long long time if we lose i doubt we recover and stay up we need something.

Charlton are awful pal you are in big trouble if you havent enough to beat them hope you do as would love to see the little weasel bowyer relegated
  • They Caged Non
    strings79 wrote: »

Charlton are awful pal you are in big trouble if you havent enough to beat them hope you do as would love to see the little weasel bowyer relegated

So are Luton, Wigan and Barnsley but we managed a massive 1 point against all 3.
  • AaronMFC
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah what caged non said 1 point out of 9 against what was the bottom 3. The last time we went to Charlton we got promoted that season and charlton finished bottom. They beat us 2-0 in their easiest win of the season. Dont exactly have high hopes as we struggle badly to score.
  • iHilarious
    edited March 3
    Today marks the 8 year anniversary of the greatest photo in football history
    article-0-12492512000005DC-969_634x430.jpg

Do one Paolo
  • BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional
    What is even the point of Swindon?
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Our company have a building there full of cranks, it just makes me think of David Brent places like that.
  • wheelerdeeler

We only got 2 Points off them this season. Although I'm fairly certain that you're the only team in the relegation scrap that we've actually done the double over this season and we've already played everyone twice apart from Wigan.
  • BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional

Our company have a building there full of cranks

That’s every building in Swindon!
  • BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional
    Just to remind everyone that it wasn’t actually a joke - we are actually wearing this on Saturday. On Sky. Against a team who will destroy us.

city_2021_125kitlaunch_preorder_d_webstory.jpg?width=1240&height=808&mode=crop
  • wheelerdeeler
    We haven't destroyed anyone since about October, it's been 1-0 or dropped points for the last couple of months. Even when we went 3-0 up after 30 minutes we ended up hanging on for the next 60 against Huddersfield.
  • BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional
    We haven't destroyed anyone since about October, it's been 1-0 or dropped points for the last couple of months. Even when we went 3-0 up after 30 minutes we ended up hanging on for the next 60 against Huddersfield.

The way we’ve been playing we are due an absolute pounding at some point and I’ve got a horrible feeling it’ll be on Saturday :confounded:
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited March 3

The way we’ve been playing we are due an absolute pounding at some point and I’ve got a horrible feeling it’ll be on Saturday :confounded:

It won't be this weekend, would be pretty confident on that. I've said it so many times this season, the way we play we always give teams a chance. Even in the aforementioned going 3-0 up scenario we had against Huddersfield.

Happy to be proven wrong of course, but there's about a 95% chance it's another tight game where we end up having to rely on Rodak and/or Mitrovic to get us over the line.