The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    17818 posts World Class

Ronan <3 fast emerging for me as the clear number 2 for L1 POTY (i assume at this point Toney has it wrapped up)
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    BristolMDF wrote: »

As I said on Saturday. Death would be a welcome release.
  • Hicksy2011
    17818 posts World Class
    Salford locker in for the EFL trophy
    Can’t wait for the whole underdog sob story when Salford probably spend almost as much on wages as we do
  • WFCBagnall
    80413 posts Moderator
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Ronan <3 fast emerging for me as the clear number 2 for L1 POTY (i assume at this point Toney has it wrapped up)

Tyl2iBzr.jpg
  • WFCBagnall
    80413 posts Moderator
    I'm guessing it'll be Pereira, Toney and Doyle for Poty's yeah?
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    edited February 20
    Championship POTY probably depends on when the vote happens and who's in form ahead of said vote. Could be Pereira, Benrahma, Watkins, K. Phillips or Mitrovic for me and I wouldn't have any complaints.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    Think the TOTS is relatively settled already barring a complete drop off/ridiculous run.
    Samba; Cash, White, Pinnock, Bryan; K. Phillips, Pereira, Eze; Watkins, Mitrovic, Benrahma.

Or at least that's what it should be. After Cairney was up for POTY in our promotion season who knows. Could see something random happening like Rooney being voted into it, just because he's Rooney.
  • BristolMDF
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 20
    Obviously I’m biased but for me what Eliasson has done this season is better than Pereira.

Same number of assists in 25% less game time. Assist every 145 mins vs Pereira’s 189 mins per.

Pereira scored more but plays centrally whereas Eliasson has never played as a CAM.

Not to mention Eliasson playing in a much worse team.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4295 posts National Call-Up
    If Jed Wallace can get himself going again I think he could be in with a shout for TOTS. Would be the year I don't bother with buying Fifa that a Millwall player gets a TOTS too.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Think the TOTS is relatively settled already barring a complete drop off/ridiculous run.
    Samba; Cash, White, Pinnock, Bryan; K. Phillips, Pereira, Eze; Watkins, Mitrovic, Benrahma.

Or at least that's what it should be. After Cairney was up for POTY in our promotion season who knows. Could see something random happening like Rooney being voted into it, just because he's Rooney.

Yeah, i'd go along with that.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    We've brought Johansen and Arter back in, so we've got a bit more bite in the midfield after last weekend. Would've been tempted to make more changes than we've ended up making, but just have to see how it plays out.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    Rodak and Mitrovic saving us in a game. Seen that story a few times this season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    Thing for me is we're just not learning from our mistakes. Been caught playing it out from the back for their penalty. And we progress the ball forward so slowly that because teams 99% of the time sit back against us they're in shape before we've crossed the halfway line.

I've said a few times Parker's getting the bare minimum out of this group of players, and even then we're 3rd and 2 Points off Leeds (granted everyone else has a game in hand). We shouldn't need to be relying on Rodak and Mitrovic to dig us out every game with the players we have.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    edited February 22
    Well at least Brentford haven't gained any ground on us. Can't see Forest, Leeds or Preston doing us the same favour, but who knows in this league.
  • BristolMDF
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 22
    Pereira against Jack Hunt :neutral:
  • Akinfenwaaaa
  • Hicksy2011
    17818 posts World Class

Instead of moaning about our performance I’m just going to post this by Enda
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Just been denied another penalty for a clear handball. Unreal.
  • Hicksy2011
    17818 posts World Class
    Think our game was summed up by the fact that 5 mins added time became 9 before the ref gave up because and I’m not kidding, Fleetwood contrived for the ball to be in play for 15 seconds during those first 5 mins
    Usual Jackett tactical disasterclass
  • Retro1989
    5324 posts Big Money Move
    We won't be in the play-offs at the end of the season. That Jan transfer window was too important and we did 🎃🎃🎃🎃 all with it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    edited February 22
    League's starting to divide into mini-leagues now (makes sense I suppose given there's a quarter of the season left). West Brom to Preston Automatics, Bristol City to Cardiff Play-Offs, Millwall to Hull Mid-Table, Charlton to Luton relegation.

Points deductions pending for a few, but the EFL will most likely do what they did with Birmingham last season and deduct just enough points to where Wednesday, Derby and Birmingham are still completely safe after the deduction.
  • dannyboy
    12919 posts Has That Special Something
    LEEDS ARMY

u ok @Handy Andy
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    edited February 22
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • Dizzy Bala
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    We're going to run out of steam now, our key players look knackered and there isn't an international break until the end of the month.
  • Hicksy2011
    17818 posts World Class
    I hate these people who know nothing about league 1 and give teams like Fleetwood so much credit for being ‘plucky underdogs’ and small clubs done well
    They’ve probably got a higher wage budget than us ffs I mean Coutts and Whelan is not a cheap CM partnership
  • WFCBagnall
    80413 posts Moderator
    Brilliant again today, if only we had been this good earlier on in the season and we'd easily be in the top six.

Alot of the players are finally showing some good, Rory Holden who was awful for the first few months and has now moved into the number 10 role and he's a completely different player.

Defence just needs abit of a tweak as we're conceding a few sloppy goals, but going forward we have been playing some good stuff.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7687 posts League Winner
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I hate these people who know nothing about league 1 and give teams like Fleetwood so much credit for being ‘plucky underdogs’ and small clubs done well
    They’ve probably got a higher wage budget than us ffs I mean Coutts and Whelan is not a cheap CM partnership

But they've got such a likeable manager, it's easy to get behind them.
  • BristolMDF
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    0-3 at home, one shot on target (89th minute) and conceded moments after the opposition went down to ten men.

Opening line from Johnson, post game?

“I didn’t think there was much in it”.