The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• GoodnightIrene
    3898 posts National Call-Up
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Decided we’re winning the Cup. Sorry everyone else. In before we get City at the Etihad next round.
    You can't be, Shrewsbury and Oxford are meeting in the final...?

Fixed
    Seems more accurate after one more change.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7359 posts Big Money Move
    Got 3 Fulham kids in this Spurs game. Spence, Roberts and Sessegnon.
  • Retro1989
    5253 posts Big Money Move
    VAR is wonderful
    882a4b81b75b12e30a4005f26f8c445c.png
  • GoodnightIrene
    Smashed all game but into the hat for Round 4 <3

Replay every round so far though defo taking its toll on the squad, running thin as it is.
  • They Caged Non
    6253 posts Big Money Move

Sessegnon did well lol.

The revolution continues, great result for us and fantastic for Woodgate, he has been delivering a tactical masterclass for about 6 weeks now.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3838 posts National Call-Up
    Said this before and I'll say it again, the way VAR is set-up right now, don't want to go to the Premierleague even if it's on the cards. Top six finish would do me.
  • wheelerdeeler

Sessegnon did well lol.

The revolution continues, great result for us and fantastic for Woodgate, he has been delivering a tactical masterclass for about 6 weeks now.

Might have mentioned it once or twice on here, but he is not in fact a Left-Back. Goes for LWB as well. Honestly thinking back to the sort of goals he was scoring in our promotion season he might end up as a sort of "fox in the box" poacher type Striker.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Would imagine they'll make an adjustment to the offside rule in the summer to bring it into the 21st century so to speak. Although I can't remember any of these ridiculous offsides happening during the World Cup or the Champions League when there's been VAR so maybe our Refs are just ****.
  • They Caged Non

Sessegnon did well lol.

Might have mentioned it once or twice on here, but he is not in fact a Left-Back. Goes for LWB as well. Honestly thinking back to the sort of goals he was scoring in our promotion season he might end up as a sort of "fox in the box" poacher type Striker.

Problem is, one of the worlds biggest managers (and others) keep playing him there?
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 5

Sessegnon did well lol.

Problem is, one of the worlds biggest managers (and others) keep playing him there?

Don't know why. Especially when I saw an interview with Mourinho a couple of weeks ago where he literally said he's not defensively capable enough to play LB yet. Played him Left-Wing against Bayern a few weeks ago and he scored against Manuel Neuer.

Play a 3 if you want, but make it 3-4-3 with Sessegnon and Lucas either side of Son, Vertonghen as the LWB and play Sanchez as one of the three.
  • They Caged Non

Sessegnon did well lol.

Don't know why. Especially when I saw an interview with Mourinho a couple of weeks ago where he literally said he's not defensively capable enough to play LB yet. Played him Left-Wing against Bayern a few weeks ago and he scored against Manuel Neuer.

Play a 3 if you want, but make it 3-4-3 with Sessegnon and Lucas either side of Son, Vertonghen as the LWB and play Sanchez as one of the three.

Yeah defo, to be honest I’m just buzzing we have continued our run with this draw and actually looked decent.
  • AaronMFC
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    Our recent improvement has been remarkable we were solid today and deserved the replay, minus the injured Kane it was a full strength spurs and we held them off well for most the game.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Our recent improvement has been remarkable we were solid today and deserved the replay, minus the injured Kane it was a full strength spurs and we held them off well for most the game.

Howson is insane... I hope our Jan dealings is focused on getting him and Ayala signed up
  • AaronMFC
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Howson is insane... I hope our Jan dealings is focused on getting him and Ayala signed up

Definitely our young core genuinely makes me think we have a decent future but we really need experienced heads around them and those two have been brilliant this season howson has often been an unsung hero and Ayala at his best still ranks as one of the top cbs in this division.
  • wheelerdeeler

Sessegnon did well lol.

Yeah defo, to be honest I’m just buzzing we have continued our run with this draw and actually looked decent.

Today was a good one for you, but in general I think runs like yours and Reading's in recent weeks has proven that there's really not a lot between basically everyone in the division and it's just down to injuries, confidence, form (which I suppose is the same as confidence) and getting a bit of luck along the way.

If I'm right your winning run started with that Stoke game on TV and someone scored an absolute banger to win it for you. And after that everyone gets a boost and you're one of about 15 teams who are looking at Top 6 now.
  • JamieC
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    iHilarious wrote: »

And he has only won 1 of those 4 games. And it had to be the one game where he pissed off at half time to go on holiday with his family :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    It's only a matter of time before he gets Harry Redknapp involved and manages to get Niko Kranjcar down to Romford. Model of sustainability.
  • They Caged Non

Sessegnon did well lol.

Today was a good one for you, but in general I think runs like yours and Reading's in recent weeks has proven that there's really not a lot between basically everyone in the division and it's just down to injuries, confidence, form (which I suppose is the same as confidence) and getting a bit of luck along the way.

If I'm right your winning run started with that Stoke game on TV and someone scored an absolute banger to win it for you. And after that everyone gets a boost and you're one of about 15 teams who are looking at Top 6 now.

A lot of Boro fans are pointing to the 4-0 thrashing by Leeds as the point we started to really fight. I can’t remember the game immediately after but the Stoke 2-1 win was definitely a massive boost. Apparently in the form table from the last 10 games we are 2nd behind Leeds, yet still some of our fans are ‘not convinced’
  • JamieC
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Also hired a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to be their mascot! :joy:

So glad that they are bottom still. I just feel sorry for the actual Romford supporters. In the exact same position as they were before he turned up, the only difference was that they weren't acting like a circus before!
  • wheelerdeeler
    We're making an appearance on Sky Sports Rooney as well.
  • GoodnightIrene
    We're making an appearance on Sky Sports Rooney as well.
    I get that Rooney is the new shiny thing and maybe I'm missing some joke here based on that, but you and Swansea appear equally as many times as them?
  • iHilarious
    13288 posts Has That Special Something
    They need to spice things up with a couple of games in L1 & L2
  • wheelerdeeler
    Think part of it is it being a left over meme from last year of "Frank Lampard's Derby County". But also their game against Barnsley in the week turned into Rooney watch.

And while with how bad this division is you probably can't completely rule Derby out for Top 6, us and Swansea you could definitely say are in a better position to get Top 6 (given that we're both, you know, in the Top 6) than Derby. Just surprised there's no Leeds games to be honest. Must be saving them all up for March onwards for the Leeds promotion party/worst bottle job yet. Whichever one happens.
  • They Caged Non
    We are playing WRDC on sat, hopefully Tav runs rings around him like he did with Alli and co on Sunday
  • wheelerdeeler
    **** off.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Decided we’re winning the Cup. Sorry everyone else. In before we get City at the Etihad next round.

Well there you go.