The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7375 posts Big Money Move
    Find it funny that in a weird way I said Villa would “do a Fulham” a year ago.
  • Hicksy2011
    16927 posts World Class
    Review of the decade: Overall great, started the decade in administration and getting relegated. A lovely FA cup run followed off by the survival of the club was genuinely stunning. Then we went from one mess to the next over the next few years getting 3 relegations and having to have the fans save the club. Initial positivity of the fan owned era started to drift as they were very cautious with the budgets which was understandable. But yeh overall great, we started the decade thinking we wouldn’t have a club and we ended up winning a league, winning a trophy at Wembley and reaching a fa cup final
    Prediction: Become a Wigan style yoyo club between L1/Championship maybe if we get a good crop of youngsters we can solidify in the championship
    2019/20: come 5th in L1
    End of 2020: 3rd in L1
    2020 prediction: England win the euros winning three penalty shoot outs
    Bizarre lounge fight: Lard vs general discussion after he claims in here that Stevens is the best LB in world football (the correct claim)
  • wheelerdeeler
    Review of the decade: Definitely a mixed bag. Can’t say it’s been a bad one even with the relegations and nearly going down to League One when the decade has also given me probably my two best memories I’ll ever have as a Fulham fan with the Europa League Final run and the Play-Off final.

Prediction for next decade: Honestly depends a lot on the next 18 months or so. If we can get promoted before we lose the parachute payments we could turn into a bit of a Yo-Yo team. If we don’t (and we aren’t this season under Parker) then it could be a bit rough and we’ll most likely have to rely on bringing through players from our (very good) academy.

19/20 Prediction: Hasn’t changed from the start of the season, 4th.

League position this time next year: Probably say 4th again. A lot depends on who the Manager is though.

Random Prediction(s): Sticking with Fulham, Kevin McDonald will be our Manager at some point this coming decade.

Marcus Bettinelli will be sold to a Prem team as a 3rd choice Keeper in the summer because he’s homegrown.

Matt O’Riley leaves us on a free in the summer to either Celtic or Rangers so we get done out of a tribunal like we did with French Dembele and turns into a very good player.

In general; Liverpool do the Prem/CL double.

Spurs win the FA Cup because Mourinho always goes for an early trophy.

Ismaila Sarr will play himself into that bracket of best players outside the Top 6.

Also a long-term one if we’re all still here. 2024 will be the biggest year for Football since the Premier League was formed in its current format.

Lounge Fight: Bit surprised it didn’t happen yesterday where I claim the league is especially bad this season and then someone comes in and says that the statement is said every year.

To add on to the predictions actually;
    Anguissa will turn into one of the sort of "Tier 2" level defensive-mids in the world. The sort of Steven Nzonzi level.

Seri will end up being like Andre Ayew where he's loaned out a couple of times and then when everyone else has had enough of him he'll end up playing for us again in the Championship.
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    Review of the decade: Started out in disaster, got relegated to league one, stuck there for 6 years, Ched Evans fiasco, losing out on promotion to the pigs. And then, the Wilder Revolution began, what a bloody journey it’s been, playing amazing football all the way to the premier league, who’d I have thought it (me apparently). 100 points in league 1, 4-2 at the sty, two easy seasons in the championship, promotion party last season, 18 game unbeaten away run which included prem games and now matching the very best in the country. What a decade of ups and downs.

Prediction for next decade: Probably a European run, Europa league, not getting ahead of myself, maybe a cup win. Cement ourselves as a top half prem club.

19/20 prediction: Finish 8th

Random prediction: a film to be made of Chris Wilder staring Sean Bean.

• wheelerdeeler
    As if they do the Championship SBC and don't do Badou Ndiaye just before he leaves for Turkey.
  • They Caged Non
    6258 posts Big Money Move
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Review of the decade: Started out in disaster, got relegated to league one, stuck there for 6 years, Ched Evans fiasco, losing out on promotion to the pigs. And then, the Wilder Revolution began, what a bloody journey it’s been, playing amazing football all the way to the premier league, who’d I have thought it (me apparently). 100 points in league 1, 4-2 at the sty, two easy seasons in the championship, promotion party last season, 18 game unbeaten away run which included prem games and now matching the very best in the country. What a decade of ups and downs.

Prediction for next decade: Probably a European run, Europa league, not getting ahead of myself, maybe a cup win. Cement ourselves as a top half prem club.

19/20 prediction: Finish 8th

Random prediction: a film to be made of Chris Wilder staring Sean Bean.

Yeah but Sean Beans rider stipulates that he has to die/leave in the first hour of a film so be no good for that role.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Wouldn't star Sean Bean. Unless Wilder dies before it's made.
  • ryan217
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    So with the decade over, what’s everyone’s review of the decade and hopes for the next one?

Review of the decade: From my personal best moment of supporting City (Turners equaliser against the plastic scousers at Wembley) to the worst football wise (the rebrand and everything that led to it off the pitch) to getting our club back, reuniting the fanbase and winning promotion despite being chased by a club who went on a 23 game unbeaten run or whatever it was. It's been a ridiculous decade and far from boring (off the pitch at least :joy: )
    Also had the worst thing to happen to the club with the death of Emiliano Sala. I know it's cliche but this last decade has been a complete roller coaster.

Prediction for the next decade: Wouldn't even like to try, I don't think anyone could have predicted the last one.

2019/20 Prediction: Mid table and hopefully put the foundations for a crack at the play-offs next season in place
    League Position on 31/12/20: 10th
    Random Footballing Prediction for 2020: Wales to beat England in the EURO 2020 final on penalties
    Bizarre Lounge Fight in 2020: Leeds fans kicking off when they somehow bottle it again
  • WFCBagnall
    78874 posts Moderator
    Two cracking picks for the Championship sbc lads.

Gonna put Kalvin Phillips in my team.
  • Hicksy2011
    16927 posts World Class
    Holloway is back in the game, what a treat
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Two cracking picks for the Championship sbc lads.

Gonna put Kalvin Phillips in my team.

Wanted a Full-Back. Not even just selfishly a Bryan etc. just wanted them to give Gibbs etc. a mental card. Maguire's quite meh.
  • They Caged Non
    6258 posts Big Money Move
    Inb4 happy new yr
  • wheelerdeeler
    Pretty much playing the team I wanted on Sunday with Reid behind Mitrovic and Mawson and Cairney out the team so no complaints.

Be an interesting one today. Could just be who has more energy left. Still can’t say I’m confident mind.
  • Hicksy2011
    16927 posts World Class
    Hmm looks like MacGillivray is off to Rangers as he has been dropped to the bench
    Shame that, he’s been a top keeper but can’t really blame a Scot for going up there
  • wheelerdeeler
    What a surprise. I for one am completely shocked.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Charlie **** Adam.
  • ryan217
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ embarrassing
  • BrentfordFC
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    Good win that ! One game at a time.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Saw today coming after Stoke. Scott Parker’s Fulham all over.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 1
    Should add that losing 2-1 to a goal from someone who I genuinely thought had retired and was doing punditry on 5Live is the perfect start to the new decade.

And to top it all off we’ve got another Midfielder injury.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Basically predicted the result today after Sunday on here. It’s just the story of our season in that we’re completely incapable of putting together a run of games to properly challenge the Top 2 under Parker. And it won’t change while he’s in charge.

So in other words as I’ve said before on here we’re wasting one of our two parachute payment years and most likely our last year with Mitrovic on him. Do I think we’ll sack him? No. But it basically just makes this season a waste.

Predicted it back in August though. Said we’d finish 4th and lose in the Play-Offs like West Brom did last season because we’re the flat-track bullies of the league.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 1
    Done what any normal, rational person does after a loss. Gone on the Web App on the way home and submitted the Fulham part of the Championship League SBC.
  • Hicksy2011
    16927 posts World Class
    *insert usual Hicksy complaint*
    Bring on the summer and the Euros
  • BristolMDF
    1270 posts Professional
    Johnson out.
  • BrentfordFC
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Johnson out.

:lol:

What happened at the end? Something to do with him kicking off at our manager
  • BristolMDF
    1270 posts Professional
    Johnson out.

No idea mate I was on my way home :joy:

The fraud has actually been on the radio defending the performance. I’m done with his utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • mott1993
    935 posts Semi-Pro
    Johnson out.

Something that will hopefully get him sacked
  • james2060
    2959 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    *insert usual Hicksy complaint*
    Bring on the summer and the Euros

I can't even find the effort to complain any more. Dembele comes on in the second half and gets sent off 1 minute later for headbutting a Lincoln player for no real reason, I can't deal with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ no more.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Should add that losing 2-1 to a goal from someone who I genuinely thought had retired and was doing punditry on 5Live is the perfect start to the new decade.

And to top it all off we’ve got another Midfielder injury.

He's genuinely 50 minimum.