The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    We've started to **** the bed big time, really bad again today :disappointed:

• ryan217
    2902 posts Fans' Favourite
    Flying at the top of the league, given a dodgy pen, go 3-0 up, we get a dodgy red card and still Leeds can't beat us :joy:
  • Handy Andy
    5822 posts Big Money Move
    8aac3bd7e659ec5377c744a1797444c7.png

111bd61f970c4bdb75401c7b92760814.png

0-0, 0 shots on target :joy:
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4208 posts National Call-Up
    Another 3 points. Had to grind that one out a bit at the end there, but Rowett has transformed this side. Thompson had to come off injured which is a bit gutting, hopefully not too serious. Win against Barnsley and we could be spending Christmas in the Top 6. Unbelievable.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6418 posts Big Money Move
    Parker gone please. Early Christmas present.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    We've started to **** the bed big time, really bad again today :disappointed:

Doing a Fulham mate. You can’t escape it.
  • AaronMFC
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    4 straight red cards in 8 games, brownes red card at 1-1 today was beyond inexcusable completely cost us in a game we were well in. Rumours are he only has a one year contract no way its getting renewed if his performances so far continue.
  • wheelerdeeler
    It’s genuinely quite impressive that Parker’s managed to make a group of players with this much talent and with arguably the best player in the league up-front play this badly.

Can’t even say we need the January window because the squad is good enough without a doubt. We won’t even be Top 6 when we lose to Leeds next weekend.
  • Hicksy2011
    13848 posts Has That Special Something
    Wheeler I feel almost exactly the same about us
  • wheelerdeeler
    It’s extra annoying in a way because I literally saw it coming in the summer where I said we’d be the flat-track bullies of the league and get found out in the “hard” games like West Brom did last season. They’ve arguably got a worse squad than they did under Moore last season, but a proper manager makes all the difference. Said loads of times that I want us to try for Sampaoli.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14682 posts Has That Special Something

Talksport saying this morning that Parker is a good shout for West ham job because he's doing so well with fulham :D

Yes I know it's talksport :#
  • Hicksy2011
    13848 posts Has That Special Something

So you move your captain to a position he hates playing, refuse to play the guy you signed on huge money, just so that you can play a loanee in his preferred position even though we don’t have any RBs so he can’t play there in the long run
    Absolutely astonishing
  • wheelerdeeler

Talksport saying this morning that Parker is a good shout for West ham job because he's doing so well with fulham :D

Yes I know it's talksport :#

Was talking to someone about that in the week. Was hoping they'd sack Pellegrini while we were still 3rd so it looked decent on paper and then we'd actually get compensation for him. Don't think it would happen though, especially as it looks like they're going to win tonight. But think they'd go for a "firefighter" Manager and get Big Sam or Moyes back in just to keep them up anyway.
  • They Caged Non
    5126 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    4 straight red cards in 8 games, brownes red card at 1-1 today was beyond inexcusable completely cost us in a game we were well in. Rumours are he only has a one year contract no way its getting renewed if his performances so far continue.

I didn’t think a player could be that much of a failure.
  • james2060
    2912 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kin get in I love this team <3

Tom Nichols, hero.
  • AaronMFC
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero

You have to question how intelligent he is genuinely one of the most braindead challenges iv ever seen. Was like since hed already been booked thought ill make the most and make this a horrible straight red.
  • iHilarious
    13159 posts Has That Special Something
    We’ve lost twice in the last 20... Trevor Kettle the ref both times :no_mouth:
  • BrentfordFC
    12851 posts Has That Special Something
    We’re ****. Could/Should be 3-0 Brentford. I want Parker gone.

Gg mate. Felt like we started sloppy and then picked up the pace. Could of been 3-0 up at half time. We took a step back and made you play at our pace 2nd half. It felt like you had 0 fans in there today. Normally hear you guys sing quite often. Think I heard you guys sing twice today :lol:

• They Caged Non

You have to question how intelligent he is genuinely one of the most braindead challenges iv ever seen. Was like since hed already been booked thought ill make the most and make this a horrible straight red.

What much like Johnson the other week, pathetic mate. If we end up going down cos of **** like that I’ll be fuming.
  • AaronMFC
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero

What much like Johnson the other week, pathetic mate. If we end up going down cos of **** like that I’ll be fuming.

At least Johnson has played well apart from that tackle not to excuse it that almost certainly cost us a win we were cruising at 2-0 in that game. No mcnair for 3 games is going to be difficult to manage for our already paper thin squad.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019

Gg mate. Felt like we started sloppy and then picked up the pace. Could of been 3-0 up at half time. We took a step back and made you play at our pace 2nd half. It felt like you had 0 fans in there today. Normally hear you guys sing quite often. Think I heard you guys sing twice today :lol:

Think everyone's getting a bit fed up of us just constantly passing the ball between Ream and Mawson for the whole game and just generally how slow, passive and lethargic our build-up play is especially with the player we've got. And just fed up with Parker in general. Said it already, for on paper how good our attacking players are- the lack of any sort of creativity in the final third is genuinely impressive. But hey, at least we had more possession.

You were good value for the win though, said it to someone on the way home Parker's had some half digs at teams who come to the Cottage and park 10 men behind the ball and counter- but you just play better Football than we do. We're Jaap Stam's Reading. Just endlessly passing the ball in pointless areas of the pitch because Parker hasn't realised that possession for possession's sake is pointless.

Would say you're good value for the Top 6, but Top 6 could genuinely be any 4 teams down to probably Hull the way this season's going with how inconsistent basically every team apart from Leeds and West Brom are. Just depends on who hits form and who can put a decent run together.
  • wheelerdeeler

That's also quite disrespectful to the middle aged woman about two rows in front of me who shouted on more than one occasion "play Football Fulham".
  • They Caged Non

At least Johnson has played well apart from that tackle not to excuse it that almost certainly cost us a win we were cruising at 2-0 in that game. No mcnair for 3 games is going to be difficult to manage for our already paper thin squad.

From what I’ve heard it will be overturned as there was nothing wrong?
  • AaronMFC
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero

From what I’ve heard it will be overturned as there was nothing wrong?

Only seen one angle where it looks nothing but apparently he throws an elbow that i couldnt see from that angle. Heres hoping hes not banned our best cm by a mile.
  • JamieC
    823 posts Semi-Pro

Grays Athletic can **** off!

We were happy to play until a sudden heavy rain (which was not expected!) happened around 11:45 and a forced inspection was made and got called off.

They need to stop acting like we didn't want to play. We already have played two games despite this "injury crisis" and was happy to play another.

You are not the first club that has had to turn around due to unforeseen circumstances and it won't be the last.
  • JamieC wrote: »

We were happy to play until a sudden heavy rain (which was not expected!) happened around 11:45 and a forced inspection was made and got called off.

They need to stop acting like we didn't want to play. We already have played two games despite this "injury crisis" and was happy to play another.

You are not the first club that has had to turn around due to unforeseen circumstances and it won't be the last.

Surely whether you wanted to play or not is irrelevant. If there’s a pitch inspection that’s because the ref has ordered one surely and the ref that makes the call?
  • JamieC
    823 posts Semi-Pro
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    JamieC wrote: »

Surely whether you wanted to play or not is irrelevant. If there’s a pitch inspection that’s because the ref has ordered one surely and the ref that makes the call?

Yes. The game was on, then an unexpected heavy rain happened and the match official was the one to do a late inspection and then called it off. If it was bad enough, then he would have called it off earlier. Until then it was still on and the away teams coach had got to Newmarket when they got the news.

I can't see why the ref is not getting any flack for this!
  • JamieC
    823 posts Semi-Pro

We weren't the only one in our league to have a late call off.

What goes through these refs minds?
  • JamieC wrote: »

We weren't the only one in our league to have a late call off.

What goes through these refs minds?

Getting home in time for Strictly?
  • BrentfordFC
    12851 posts Has That Special Something

That's also quite disrespectful to the middle aged woman about two rows in front of me who shouted on more than one occasion "play Football Fulham".

:lol: