The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• GK93
    590 posts Semi-Pro
    Bolton and Keith Hill can get in the bin, scummy club from top to bottom hope one day it all falls apart again and they cease existing full stop.

Ridiculous verdict on their disciplinary action, as a Doncaster fan I can say it's not gone down at all well that they've managed to escape negative punishment for unilaterally cancelling a fixture based on Premier league rules in the EFL, which was in actual fact just to avoid another consecutive 5-0 hammering which could have been off putting for buyers of the club. A dangerous precedent has been set for the EFL now..
  • wheelerdeeler
    6256 posts Big Money Move
    AK47 starting instead of Bobby Reid is... interesting. Thought tonight would be the game for him. At least Bryan’s fit. Hard to be confident without Mitrovic.
  • wheelerdeeler
    AK47 starting instead of Bobby Reid is... interesting. Thought tonight would be the game for him. At least Bryan’s fit. Hard to be confident without Mitrovic.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Makes me feel a bit sick whenever I watch QPR knowing that we let Eze go for nothing.
  • Handy Andy
    5793 posts Big Money Move
    Bolton and Keith Hill can get in the bin, scummy club from top to bottom hope one day it all falls apart again and they cease existing full stop.

u wot
  • wheelerdeeler
    I didn’t think it would be quite this bad.
  • AK47 starting instead of Bobby Reid is... interesting

41-A1-C48-A-E22-D-4-CAE-B20-D-FC0910-F000-C6.jpg
  • wheelerdeeler
    To be fair if Reid got that chance and didn’t score it we should’ve terminated his loan on the spot.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Who would’ve thought it. Although to be fair Kamara still should’ve squared it for the 2nd.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Think QPR gassed themselves out pressing us as madly as they did first 30 minutes. Eze is a player and a half though. Take the 3 Points and move on to Tuesday with Mitrovic back.

Happy for AK47 though. Competition for places can only be a good thing. Would start him on Tuesday. Whether that’s RW or playing two up-front.
  • West Ham fans holding out Spurs shirts for Mourinho to sign, WTF am I seeing :joy:

7808-F5-A8-4-F48-4-ECB-B6-BC-90-E38-D0-ABBAA.jpg
  • **** sake, Kalas and Moore out injured now. I can’t ever remember a season like it, we’ve been absolutely decimated by injury. It’s a miracle we’re even in the top half.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3703 posts National Call-Up
    Shocking tackle by Yates, deserved the red. Not sure we're gunna be able to hold on for a point now.
  • Dizzy Bala
    Think QPR gassed themselves out pressing us as madly as they did first 30 minutes. Eze is a player and a half though. Take the 3 Points and move on to Tuesday with Mitrovic back.

Happy for AK47 though. Competition for places can only be a good thing. Would start him on Tuesday. Whether that’s RW or playing two up-front.

Ah the Warburton Press. Sounds about right.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Jed Wallace is just unbelievable. Been given a bit more freedom in recent weeks and he's been running riot.
  • iHilarious
    13135 posts Has That Special Something
    Announce promotion
  • Pathetic. Don’t think we even had a shot on target 11v10 for 35 mins. So toothless.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Forest have a game in hand, but still. The fact we're 4th with how we've played so far this season should be encouragement for us because we haven't really put the pieces together yet.
  • Hicksy2011
    13488 posts Has That Special Something
    Things are getting better
    System still isn’t really functioning but some of the individuals are really hitting their stride, Curtis in particular seems very annoyed Ireland have dropped him
  • Dizzy Bala
    Absolutely no reason to be tackling like this, doesn't matter if he's a young player or from our academy or whatever.
    da62e1edb44b9a7e6a53ef4f97514478.png

From the highlights, a pretty even game. They hit the post, we had a shot cleared off the line. Couple chances on a different day for both teams that go in. Always a tough team to play, but we didn't lose which is okay. Still in the Playoffs which is good too.
  • Hicksy2011
    13488 posts Has That Special Something
    Just kick Forest Green out the EFL, no one wants them here
  • BristolMDF
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 24
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Absolutely no reason to be tackling like this, doesn't matter if he's a young player or from our academy or whatever.
    da62e1edb44b9a7e6a53ef4f97514478.png

From the highlights, a pretty even game. They hit the post, we had a shot cleared off the line. Couple chances on a different day for both teams that go in. Always a tough team to play, but we didn't lose which is okay. Still in the Playoffs which is good too.

Was a pretty nothing game to be honest. 11 v 11 you used the ball better than we did but neither of us looked threatening.

11 v 10 we should have had 2 or 3 but just can’t put the ball in the net, the amount of times we overloaded down one side but were so wasteful when we had it in dangerous areas.

Once again I fear that for as hard as we are to beat, we just won’t win enough games to be up there come the end as you can’t win games where you don’t score.

I’m not a huge lover of xG but this is pretty damming for a team that’s been around the top six all season

FD5-D8-D7-B-AD3-C-4332-BF6-E-A60892-F6374-F.jpg

I’d love to see a parallel universe where Afobe didn’t get injured :(

Re Yates - looked a bit of a nothing from where I was sat but the reaction of the players was pretty telling. Think we picked the ball up before the ref had even gave anything and Yates just went straight off without complaint.
  • BristolMDF
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 24
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Just kick Forest Green out the EFL, no one wants them here

Can’t agree. I’m hinging my early retirement plans on my nephew making the grade there (before moving to Man C, obviously, as I don’t think FGR are going to be my ticket out of work) :lol:
  • wheelerdeeler
    Thought Ream in the first 25 minutes on Friday was going to be the worst Centre-Back performance I saw this weekend. Phil Jones is going some way to top it.
  • Sheffield Utd are **** brilliant.
  • BristolMDF wrote: »
    Sheffield Utd are **** brilliant.

This is not going to age well.
  • Handy Andy
    5793 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Sheffield Utd are **** brilliant.

this is your fault
  • They Caged Non
    4897 posts Big Money Move
    Brutal
  • wheelerdeeler
    I remember I cursed Sheffield Utd last season by saying they weren't naive like they were in our promotion season when they were 3-0 up against Villa.

Although they at least still drew that one.