The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• DelboyIRA
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 17
  • They Caged Non
    4910 posts Big Money Move
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    only positive thing about international break is that there is many lower leagues games on TV :)

77290788_1562221550583199_755422848297730048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkSsxu5du8FxPXX515BsxvmeaaeRpwn8b5pxkQsxnEOLGnqQPsduqbnjO6UmTaD1k4&_nc_ht=scontent.fzag3-1.fna&oh=f592a5232360497310ee2c728110c563&oe=5E87CFDC

Shares in Ikea lad?
  • Farlz
    8558 posts League Winner
    It's that time of year again fellas

I'm a celeb is back
  • wheelerdeeler
    6266 posts Big Money Move
    I was expecting Harry Redknapp to be a **** and he ended up winning the thing, so based on that logic Ian Wright's going out first this year.
  • DelboyIRA
    only positive thing about international break is that there is many lower leagues games on TV :)

77290788_1562221550583199_755422848297730048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkSsxu5du8FxPXX515BsxvmeaaeRpwn8b5pxkQsxnEOLGnqQPsduqbnjO6UmTaD1k4&_nc_ht=scontent.fzag3-1.fna&oh=f592a5232360497310ee2c728110c563&oe=5E87CFDC

Shares in Ikea lad?

Ikea? Im not sure if we have it in Croatia
  • They Caged Non

Shares in Ikea lad?

Haha no possibly not:) the room does have a very Scandinavian feel to it.
  • DelboyIRA
    edited November 17

Shares in Ikea lad?

I checked. We have one Ikea store in Zagreb...This is usually look of living room in region Dalmatia :)

But with Mitre ball and Barbour umbrella room have more english influence than scandinavian :)
  • I wonder if there’s a guy in Wycombe watching lower league Croatian football?
  • They Caged Non

Shares in Ikea lad?

I checked. We have one Ikea store in Zagreb...This is usually look of living room in region Dalmatia :)

But with Mitre ball and Barbour umbrella room have more english influence than scandinavian :)

Haha fair enough, I love Croatia btw, it’s our new favourite place, even sat in a bar in Split last year watching them get knocked out of the UEFA cup :)

BristolMDF wrote: »
    I wonder if there’s a guy in Wycombe watching lower league Croatian football?

Hahaha now that would be a thing. I bet lower league Croatian footballers are vastly different to ours.
  • DelboyIRA

haha obviously not :) even I don't follow our football
  • DelboyIRA
    edited November 18
  • DelboyIRA

Shares in Ikea lad?

Haha fair enough, I love Croatia btw, it’s our new favourite place, even sat in a bar in Split last year watching them get knocked out of the UEFA cup :)

Hahaha now that would be a thing. I bet lower league Croatian footballers are vastly different to ours.

yeah, we are lovely small country, with nice weather and nice culture, but with awful football league
  • Really glad he got a decent loan, think there’s a quality player in there

• wheelerdeeler
    edited November 19
    Just noticed with all of the permutations UEFA have put on the draw for the Euros that we could get Serbia or Norway (or Scotland) in our group. Be quite funny to see Mitrovic or Johansen playing against England.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Sessegnon's gone from signing for a Manager with a great track record of bringing through young English talent to Mourinho.
  • They Caged Non
    That welcome the new community manager thread in GD is a nice mix of trolls and people looking to get some early brown nosing done.
  • That welcome the new community manager thread in GD is a nice mix of trolls and people looking to get some early brown nosing done.

What have I told you about going into GD. You’ll catch something in there.
  • Hicksy2011
    13502 posts Has That Special Something
    That welcome the new community manager thread in GD is a nice mix of trolls and people looking to get some early brown nosing done.

Nothing worse than he would get from a night out in Boro
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »

:lol:
  • @ryan217 @They Caged Non - Aaron Wilbraham on Lee Tomlin :lol:

(TLDR - he’s a bit of a ****)

"They gave him a three year deal on big money and I knew what Tommo was like. He'd come in and get comfortable.

"I had a feeling when he came back on this three year bumper deal that he'd be a different man.

"He's one of the best I played with.

"But when he got that new contract, he came in on the first day of pre-season in a brand new Bentley and Lee Johnson pulled him aside and said: 'You can't do that. Everyone knows you're the highest paid player, you don't have to come in in the best car'.

"He said he had to be an example to the young lads. (Tomlin) said: 'Gaffer, I'll let you do that in your old Range Rover.' He'd say it front of everyone."

Wilbraham also spoke about Tomlin's diet and physique and that, despite his quality, he took no notice of the nutritionist brought in by the club.

"He was a heavy lad. He was at 22 per cent body fat and the gaffer wanted everyone at around seven or eight. But he was the best in training, the best at running, so why did he need to?

"We'd have these nutritionists in and we'd walk in the room with the geeky nutritionist stood at the front and on the big plasma screen it would have pictures of KitKats and cakes and crisps.

"Tommo would walk in the meeting knowing it was all aimed at him, so he'd say: 'Cor, that's making me feel hungry'.

"This nutritionist didn't know what to say, but he (Tomlin) didn't care.

"Johnson used to ask me to get him on the green tea because me and Marlon Pack used to drink green teas and get on the granola.

"The gaffer would say not to have a hot chocolate, but (Tomlin) would sit down and have marshmallows, flakes, loads of cream, Victoria sponge.

He'd send a selfie to the gaffer with all these marshmallows. He's another lovable rogue.

He's an unbelievable talent, he's just a bit of a clown."
  • WFCBagnall
    72184 posts Moderator
    Dropped Bates, who has been our best player this season, for Gary Liddle.

No words :joy:
  • They Caged Non
    @ryan217 @They Caged Non - Aaron Wilbraham on Lee Tomlin :lol:

(TLDR - he’s a bit of a ****)

"They gave him a three year deal on big money and I knew what Tommo was like. He'd come in and get comfortable.

"I had a feeling when he came back on this three year bumper deal that he'd be a different man.

"He's one of the best I played with.

"But when he got that new contract, he came in on the first day of pre-season in a brand new Bentley and Lee Johnson pulled him aside and said: 'You can't do that. Everyone knows you're the highest paid player, you don't have to come in in the best car'.

"He said he had to be an example to the young lads. (Tomlin) said: 'Gaffer, I'll let you do that in your old Range Rover.' He'd say it front of everyone."

Wilbraham also spoke about Tomlin's diet and physique and that, despite his quality, he took no notice of the nutritionist brought in by the club.

"He was a heavy lad. He was at 22 per cent body fat and the gaffer wanted everyone at around seven or eight. But he was the best in training, the best at running, so why did he need to?

"We'd have these nutritionists in and we'd walk in the room with the geeky nutritionist stood at the front and on the big plasma screen it would have pictures of KitKats and cakes and crisps.

"Tommo would walk in the meeting knowing it was all aimed at him, so he'd say: 'Cor, that's making me feel hungry'.

"This nutritionist didn't know what to say, but he (Tomlin) didn't care.

"Johnson used to ask me to get him on the green tea because me and Marlon Pack used to drink green teas and get on the granola.

"The gaffer would say not to have a hot chocolate, but (Tomlin) would sit down and have marshmallows, flakes, loads of cream, Victoria sponge.

He'd send a selfie to the gaffer with all these marshmallows. He's another lovable rogue.

He's an unbelievable talent, he's just a bit of a clown."

Complete knob jockey really, could easily have been playing champs league football for a top club with application.
  • They Caged Non
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

It’s not limited to just nights, days too ;)
  • AtomicOdin
    1137 posts Professional
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Is he still knocking about. Thought he would be rocking around in non league by now.

He wasnt all that good when we got shut of him years ago.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3703 posts National Call-Up
    Tomlin reminds me of McGugan, both had incredible talent and could score you a goal from nothing. They both failed to kick on, struggled with their weight and floundered.
  • WFCBagnall
    72184 posts Moderator
    AtomicOdin wrote: »

Is he still knocking about. Thought he would be rocking around in non league by now.

He's been terrible for us. Never looks forward, far too slow and we honestly don't know what he best position is :joy:

He's played rb, cb in a three, cb in a two, lone cdm, cdm in a two and cm in a three.

Just doesn't offer anything at all :joy:
  • AtomicOdin
    1137 posts Professional
    AtomicOdin wrote: »

He's been terrible for us. Never looks forward, far too slow and we honestly don't know what he best position is :joy:

He's played rb, cb in a three, cb in a two, lone cdm, cdm in a two and cm in a three.

Just doesn't offer anything at all :joy:

We started off with him as a cdm before playing him at cb. He was equally bad in both positions. I cant get my head around how he is still earning a living as a pro footballer.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3468 posts National Call-Up
    Bolton and Keith Hill can get in the bin, scummy club from top to bottom hope one day it all falls apart again and they cease existing full stop.