The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• BristolMDF wrote: »
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Steve Morison retired with his sights set on management in the future. He'll be our manager by 2023 I bet.

Plenty of lumping it to the big man to look forward to then? we have a guy that may suit that.

I'm honestly not sure if Morison would go down that route tactically, has a very good footballing brain. Remains to be seen though, gone straight into a coaching role at Northampton.

You sure you dont want Gestede still? i can give him a croggy there if needed.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a98744b6e3dda1f9555198d533c32ab6e7db16852&rid=giphy.gif

Im trying think of an alternative mode of transport that people down your neck of the woods would have used but i guess you would just hitch a ride on the combine.

With the added benefit of 6 fingers per hand it makes it much easier

hahaha. or being part Welsh.

s--t did i just go there.

Ewwww
  • Farlz
    8558 posts League Winner
  • Alastair
    10088 posts Moderator
    Steve Morison retired with his sights set on management in the future. He'll be our manager by 2023 I bet.

Plenty of lumping it to the big man to look forward to then? we have a guy that may suit that.

I'm honestly not sure if Morison would go down that route tactically, has a very good footballing brain. Remains to be seen though, gone straight into a coaching role at Northampton.

Im trying think of an alternative mode of transport that people down your neck of the woods would have used but i guess you would just hitch a ride on the combine.

It'd be awkward if one of the two people in this thread with the power to ban you was part Welsh. :wink:
  • wheelerdeeler
    6266 posts Big Money Move
    Still baffles me that Cardiff signed Leandro Bacuna in January.
  • NornIron
    12093 posts Has That Special Something
    Larne playing Glentoran the two millionaires on bbc2 ni probably be on a sky channel decent match 1-2 at the minute.
  • NornIron
    Bicycle kick from James Mclean's brother to probably win it he's a CB
  • wheelerdeeler
    PTSD flashbacks to Bristol City at home with that Lee Tomlin Free-Kick.
  • They Caged Non
    4910 posts Big Money Move
    Alastair wrote: »

It'd be awkward if one of the two people in this thread with the power to ban you was part Welsh. :wink:

Hahaha.

• They Caged Non
    4910 posts Big Money Move
    Oli Norwood on 5 live tonight, proper sound lad.. funny his stories about getting promoted 3 seasons in a row and finally getting a game in the prem.

Said Wilder rang him in the summer and said sorry I’ve got bad news, there are 3/4 championship clubs looking at you.. then burst out laughing.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I remember he did an interview right after the Play-Off Final where he said he wanted to stay with us and likes(d) living in London.

To be honest I didn't think Norwood was amazing for us, but he was being compared to Cairney (seeing as he was playing his role as Cairney had one knee for that whole season) and that was always going to be a hard one. Only player we've had since McCormack left where I'd back them taking a penalty as well. In hindsight we would've saved a lot of money and probably kept more of the team spirit if we just signed Kalas, Norwood and Piazon instead of going for the Vietto's of this world.
  • wheelerdeeler
    That Cardiff goal reminds of Radhi Jaidi doing it for Birmingham. I remember I think it was Zarate scoring Free-Kicks in like 4 or 5 games in a row because of Jaidi putting the Keeper off.
  • NornIron
    edited October 18
  • Handy Andy
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    Still baffles me that Cardiff signed Leandro Bacuna in January.

What a great day that was
  • james2060
    2873 posts Fans' Favourite
    That Cardiff goal reminds of Radhi Jaidi doing it for Birmingham. I remember I think it was Zarate scoring Free-Kicks in like 4 or 5 games in a row because of Jaidi putting the Keeper off.

Just seen the goal, surely he's offside?
  • wheelerdeeler
    Think we're starting the team that finished against Charlton, so no complaints. Thought we might have gone 4-4-2, but either way we had to fit Bobby Reid in.
  • dannyboy
    12857 posts Has That Special Something
    Let's go Leeds army
  • dannyboy wrote: »
    Let's go Leeds army

Announce Netflix special
  • Hicksy2011
    13500 posts Has That Special Something
    Good god it just gets worse
    2 games against some of the worst teams in the division and we have got 1 point and barely created a chance
    Subs off Marquis after 60 mins and subs off Harness to bring on a 3rd CDM at 0-0 to try and protect the point away from home to **** Wimbledon
    Then we concede imagine my shock
  • That’s been coming. We’ve been getting results that our performances haven’t deserved for a while. Hopefully gives them a kick up the backside.

Charlton on weds, not holding out much hope for that, they’re on fire.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4196 posts National Call-Up
    Jesus we've really outdone ourselves this week.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Joke of a performance from us today. Season's going exactly as expected, we're just the flat-track bullies of the league. We could/should get Top 6 because of just the general quality we have in the squad, but Parker doesn't have the experience/ability to get us consistent enough to go for Top 2.
  • Jboom98
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anybody else sick of hearing Sweet Caroline the most used song in sport right now you hear it anywhere :s
  • wheelerdeeler
    77% Possession in the 1st Half with Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Cairney, Bobby Reid and Mitrovic on the pitch and we didn't have a shot. That's squarely on Scott Parker.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 19
    Said it before the internationals, at least we aren't Stoke's first win. Pretty much saw today coming.

We're lucky in the sense that there's not a blow away team in the league this season so that if we can put a run together we'll be right in the mix. But I've not seen anything from Parker to suggest he's capable enough tactically to put together said run.
  • Handy Andy
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    Every year Preston are the most cynical / playacting side I swear, serves them right to get a 97th minute winner due to their antics :D
  • dannyboy
    12857 posts Has That Special Something
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Every year Preston are the most cynical / playacting side I swear, serves them right to get a 97th minute winner due to their antics :D

#BowenIn
  • WFCBagnall
    72175 posts Moderator
    Tragic.
  • Hicksy2011
    13500 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 19

Christ
    And we got thoroughly outplayed in both of our most recent wins
  • BristolMDF
    808 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 19