The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    4866 posts Big Money Move
    NornIron wrote: »
    Paddy Zidane and Whyte ripping up the Czechs.

He will be gone in Jan is my guess

• wheelerdeeler
    6230 posts Big Money Move
    2 more goals for Mitrovic tonight. 8 off of being Serbia's all-time record goalscorer.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 14
    I'm convinced we won't get a League SBC card though, so it's just wanting us to get IFs. Mitrovic will probably get his annual Serbia IF from the internationals in October or November. Joe Bryan's due a goal for us, so hopefully he gets one soon and bags an Inform out of it.

If Mitrovic gets an Inform out of tonight then that wasn't a bad prediction (granted Bryan didn't get an IF for his goal against Wigan).
  • They Caged Non
    I'm convinced we won't get a League SBC card though, so it's just wanting us to get IFs. Mitrovic will probably get his annual Serbia IF from the internationals in October or November. Joe Bryan's due a goal for us, so hopefully he gets one soon and bags an Inform out of it.

If Mitrovic gets an Inform out of tonight then that wasn't a bad prediction (granted Bryan didn't get an IF for his goal against Wigan).

Forget him, we need Brandt and Hazard to get them so I can afford Dinho on Fifa.. oh and scream SBCs so I can cash in on that.

• wheelerdeeler
    edited October 14

Forget him, we need Brandt and Hazard to get them so I can afford Dinho on Fifa.. oh and scream SBCs so I can cash in on that.

I'm basically just saving up for Hazard (Eden) at the moment. On about 340k with another 45k guaranteed from Weekend League rewards this Thursday. Hoping with a bit of luck I can get him for this weekend (latest the week after).

I was going to do the Icon Swap stuff, but then I realised I genuinely have no interest in playing Rivals/playing FIFA during the week (apart from Pro Clubs) unless the Icon is someone I genuinely want and the only one that could've been (apart from Ronaldo and other players they were never going to give away for "free" in October) is the CB Rijkaard.
  • They Caged Non

I'm basically just saving up for Hazard (Eden) at the moment. On about 340k with another 45k guaranteed from Weekend League rewards this Thursday. Hoping with a bit of luck I can get him for this weekend (latest the week after).

I was going to do the Icon Swap stuff, but then I realised I genuinely have no interest in playing Rivals/playing FIFA during the week (apart from Pro Clubs) unless the Icon is someone I genuinely want and the only one that could've been (apart from Ronaldo and other players they were never going to give away for "free" in October) is the CB Rijkaard.

See i quite like online rivals during the week. Weekends are for doing other stuff in our house.
  • Hicksy2011
    13428 posts Has That Special Something
    Jedinak is a free agent and wants to stay in England, I’d love to see us go in for him
    Exactly what we need and he might accept dropping to league 1 now that he clearly hasn’t got hundreds of offers from championship sides
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Haha you wont let that Only Fools tedious link go will you :D
  • wheelerdeeler
    A Leeds game. Incredible scenes. I'm 99% certain our game against Leeds just before Christmas is going to be on TV as well.
  • They Caged Non
    A Leeds game. Incredible scenes. I'm 99% certain our game against Leeds just before Christmas is going to be on TV as well.

No Boro matches, there is a god.

• Hicksy2011
    Have fans always been this delusional? I’m actually seeing Leyton Orient fans moan because they haven’t hired Rowett to be their manager
    Frankly I’m not sure he would even come here let alone to a league 2 club
    Bizarre behaviour, it’s like our fans who think we could get Hughton, what world are they living in
  • They Caged Non
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Have fans always been this delusional? I’m actually seeing Leyton Orient fans moan because they haven’t hired Rowett to be their manager
    Bizarre behaviour, it’s like our fans who think we could get Hughton, what world are they living in

Yes is the simple answer.

There must 100 comments a day on our local newspaper site from people who want Gibson out as our chairman. And truly believe we should be in the Premier League as big spenders.

• wheelerdeeler
    edited October 16
    Every club has fans like that. I remember someone on a Fulham forum suggested we signed Juan Mata on a free this summer (before he re-signed with Utd) to "make a statement". Even though "statement" signings are arguably what got us relegated in the first place. And there's the whole being completely unaffordable thing.

Think I can remember someone suggesting we sign Upamecano this summer as well, although I don't think they actually knew who he was and just saw him play for the France U21s on TV and thought "he'd be good".
  • Hicksy2011
    Christ they can’t even attract 2 managers from within league 1
  • They Caged Non
    james2060 wrote: »

@wheelerdeeler @Hicksy2011 we forgot to mention the biggest proponents of delusion, Sunderland fans.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3446 posts National Call-Up

There must 100 comments a day on our local newspaper site from people who want Gibson out as our chairman. And truly believe we should be in the Premier League as big spenders.
    I genuinely know some Rovers fans who believe if we were in the same league as City we'd be a bigger club so that's a good one.
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »

I genuinely know some Rovers fans who believe if we were in the same league as City we'd be a bigger club so that's a good one.

rhodri.jpg.534d07d6782b918526b47bd05fa452f6.jpg
  • wheelerdeeler
    I see EA have finally updated Moussa Dembele's (Lyon) picture on UT so he's not wearing a Fulham kit in it anymore. He only left us 3 years ago.
  • They Caged Non

rhodri.jpg.534d07d6782b918526b47bd05fa452f6.jpg

I remember them posting about our keeper Luke Steele, and they kept on getting it wrong all the time

• Akinfenwaaaa
    4191 posts National Call-Up
    Steve Morison retired with his sights set on management in the future. He'll be our manager by 2023 I bet.
  • They Caged Non
    edited October 18
    Steve Morison retired with his sights set on management in the future. He'll be our manager by 2023 I bet.

Plenty of lumping it to the big man to look forward to then? we have a guy that may suit that.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4191 posts National Call-Up

Plenty of lumping it to the big man to look forward to then? we have a guy that may suit that.

I'm honestly not sure if Morison would go down that route tactically, has a very good footballing brain. Remains to be seen though, gone straight into a coaching role at Northampton.
  • They Caged Non

I'm honestly not sure if Morison would go down that route tactically, has a very good footballing brain. Remains to be seen though, gone straight into a coaching role at Northampton.

You sure you dont want Gestede still? i can give him a croggy there if needed.
  • Steve Morison retired with his sights set on management in the future. He'll be our manager by 2023 I bet.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a98744b6e3dda1f9555198d533c32ab6e7db16852&rid=giphy.gif
  • They Caged Non

Im trying think of an alternative mode of transport that people down your neck of the woods would have used but i guess you would just hitch a ride on the combine.
  • BristolMDF wrote: »

Im trying think of an alternative mode of transport that people down your neck of the woods would have used but i guess you would just hitch a ride on the combine.

With the added benefit of 6 fingers per hand it makes it much easier
  • They Caged Non

With the added benefit of 6 fingers per hand it makes it much easier

hahaha. or being part Welsh.

s--t did i just go there.