The issue impacting players who are attempting to access FUT via the apps and console should now be resolved.

The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6417 posts Big Money Move
    Good win that. The Red Card obviously helped us out, but we still had to do the job in front of goal to make sure it was a comfortable one.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Thing for us now is to follow the dominant big win with a performance on Saturday as well, and not lose like we did against Forest after Millwall.
  • Hicksy2011
    13837 posts Has That Special Something
    Next 5 games for Stoke are 3 away games and home games against Fulham and West Brom
    Got to let the new manager be in so after that run they can hit the ground running or they will be buried
  • wheelerdeeler
    They'll get Pulis back and start banging out 1-0 wins with 10% possession.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Doesn't really get the headlines because of the other players we've got, but Joe Bryan's arguably been our best/most consistent player so far this season. Another Assist for him tonight.
  • strings79
    2134 posts Fans' Favourite
    We won a game :):):):):):)
  • Handy Andy
    5822 posts Big Money Move
    Good win that. The Red Card obviously helped us out, but we still had to do the job in front of goal to make sure it was a comfortable one.

That was fun
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 2019
    Handy Andy wrote: »

That was fun

Swift's cost you massively. Thought we were getting into our rhythm before the Red, but you still had a chance (and we're the sort of team who'll give teams a chance) and could've even been 1-0 up in the first 5 minutes. Seemed like he almost wanted the Red with the bad tackle on Bobby Reid and then going in like that with Odoi.
  • Handy Andy
    5822 posts Big Money Move

That was fun

Swift's cost you massively. Thought we were getting into our rhythm before the Red, but you still had a chance (and we're the sort of team who'll give teams a chance) and could've even been 1-0 up in the first 5 minutes. Seemed like he almost wanted the Red with the bad tackle on Bobby Reid and then going in like that with Odoi.

11v11 both teams looked dreadful defensively. Both midfields offering no protection at all.

Swift seemed intent on getting a red, he also committed a cynical foul after like two minutes which could’ve been a booking. Not overly annoyed with him, been our best player (and one of the best overall in the league) this season.

Frustrated with our start as we actually have a half decent set of players imo, better than 21st in terms of ability anyway
  • WFCBagnall
    73526 posts Moderator
    Beat Southampton U21's 1-0. Means four wins in a row with three clean sheets in there too.

Salford, Orient and Oldham the next three games. Pick up 7/9 points from them and what a turnaround it's been in the last couple of weeks.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 2019

That was fun

11v11 both teams looked dreadful defensively. Both midfields offering no protection at all.

Swift seemed intent on getting a red, he also committed a cynical foul after like two minutes which could’ve been a booking. Not overly annoyed with him, been our best player (and one of the best overall in the league) this season.

Frustrated with our start as we actually have a half decent set of players imo, better than 21st in terms of ability anyway

Yeah, as I said- you had a chance before the Red. We were actually clinical in front of goal for once as well which helped. Arter was getting caught on the ball even when you were down to 10 men and we were still doing some stupid stuff on the ball.

Can't really judge you off the back of today because you had a Red for 70 odd minutes (mind you last time we came to the Madejski we were down to 10 for pretty much the full 90 minutes), but you looked good when I saw you on TV against Cardiff. Could've been a different game if you score that early chance as well, because we usually don't do well when we go behind in games because it gives teams something to protect and we'll just pass the ball between Ream and Mawson endlessly.
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Been fully let down by the players, general lack of effort among other issues
    Such as they went 1-0 up the other week, were all over the opposition then allen makes a ridiculous tackle after 15 mins and gets himself sent off
    Needs a fresh manager just for the lift it will give the club as much as anything

Even with ten men they were better than us :lol:
  • iHilarious
    13159 posts Has That Special Something
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Beat Southampton U21's 1-0. Means four wins in a row with three clean sheets in there too.

Salford, Orient and Oldham the next three games. Pick up 7/9 points from them and what a turnaround it's been in the last couple of weeks.

**** the Leasing.com trophy
  • iHilarious wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

**** the Leasing.com trophy

There’s that world famous Oxford passion.
  • BrentfordFC
    12840 posts Has That Special Something
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    I'll take a point away at Blackburn, 9 unbeaten in the league is a fantastic start. Currently third, Lolley scores a 30 yarder. Don't think we've got enough depth right now to make a sustained push, I think perhaps it's going to catch up with us now, with fatigue and such though.

Brentford on Saturday will be a tough one, although we've got the extra day's rest on them.

@Dizzy Bala I’d be astonished if we even get a point tbf. Our away record has to be on par with the worst in a year. :lol:

If we manage to get anything from it , it’s a bonus.
  • They Caged Non
    5125 posts Big Money Move
    Hows everyone enjoying FIfa?? its the first time in about 2 years ive played and have to say its a lot better than Fifa 17 and 18 imo.

You still have the utter **** online but a lot of them think they are a lot better than they are on this one from what ive seen.

Mystery ball is one of the best things they have ever done.
  • BrentfordFC
    Hows everyone enjoying FIfa?? its the first time in about 2 years ive played and have to say its a lot better than Fifa 17 and 18 imo.

You still have the utter **** online but a lot of them think they are a lot better than they are on this one from what ive seen.

Enjoying it myself. Played more in the first 2 weeks than I did in 3 months last year.
  • They Caged Non

Enjoying it myself. Played more in the first 2 weeks than I did in 3 months last year.

Yeah same here, i played fifa 18 for like a month then sacked it off. this seems like we got fifa back if that makes sense.. its very similar to Fifa 12 id say.

One of the main things for me is not letting the game BS and getting beat annoy me too, I just ignore it then move on.
  • BrentfordFC

Yeah same here, i played fifa 18 for like a month then sacked it off. this seems like we got fifa back if that makes sense.. its very similar to Fifa 12 id say.

One of the main things for me is not letting the game BS and getting beat annoy me too, I just ignore it then move on.

Agreed. If I ever get annoyed by it I just switch games and play cod or something :lol:
  • They Caged Non
    edited October 2019

Agreed. If I ever get annoyed by it I just switch games and play cod or something :lol:

I go full Northern, knock our lass out, sink 4 more cans of special brew then collapse on the kitchen floor.

Edit: The above isnt true, its actually 5 cans
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 2019
    If they can sort out rebounds it could be one of the best FIFA's ever. Haven't played it since the update, so I don't know if they've fixed it or not.

Although ask me the question again on Monday after the first FUT Champs and my opinion could be different.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14682 posts Has That Special Something
    If they can sort out rebounds it could be one of the best FIFA's ever. Haven't played it since the update, so I don't know if they've fixed it or not.

Although ask me the question again on Monday after the first FUT Champs and my opinion could be different.

Rebounds seem mostly fixed
  • Dizzy Bala
    3715 posts National Call-Up
    I think it's got a draw written all over it. We actually struggled against Barnsley, so it'll be an interesting one. Seems like even though you've sold Sawyers and Maupay, you've still got some talented players there.

• BrentfordFC
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    I think it's got a draw written all over it. We actually struggled against Barnsley, so it'll be an interesting one. Seems like even though you've sold Sawyers and Maupay, you've still got some talented players there.

Yep. We have a set price unfortunately like most clubs and our demands were met. If Jensen is passed fit, we might be fine for a draw. We struggled against Barnsley but it all just clicked after weeks of not clicking :lol:

Will be a great game and I know that kurupt FM (people just do nothing) will be hosting the music there tonight. Probably the only closest to celebrities we have supporting the club
  • Alastair
    10123 posts Moderator
    Just saw this on Bulls News:
    Bury FC are not a special case says Mail columnist Martin Samuel and should not be allowed to play in League Two next season. Clubs like Hereford had to start again after they went under.

'Quite rightly, 70 of 71 Football League clubs voted not to treat Bury differently by readmitting them to the competition next season.

Previously, clubs that have gone into liquidation and reformed have returned further down football's pyramid, as seems fair.

Many have rebuilt on a sounder financial footing and are again close to where they started. There is, however, an unhealthy sense of entitlement around Bury.

It is argued they have history — as if those who folded before them did not — and should resume in League Two next season, preferred to a better-run club, denied promotion from the National League.

Local politicians are on their side with one, Ivan Lewis, MP for Bury South, threatening to take the EFL to court.

Yet, where was Lewis, or Andy Burnham, mayor of Manchester, when Hereford United went under?
    If anything, Hereford's FA Cup exploits as a Southern League club defeating Newcastle in 1972 are more readily recalled than Bury winning it in 1900 and 1903.

And Chester City — founded in 1885, incidentally, the same year as Bury — produced one of British football's greatest goalscorers, Ian Rush.

The fact is, none of this mattered when these clubs could not afford to exist. To treat Bury as a special case in effect endorses the methods that brought them here.

It says that poor ownership does not matter, reckless over-spending does not matter, that as long as you have been in the club long enough, we'll see you right. 'Bury deserved more respect from the football family,' bemoaned Burnham.

No, the football family deserved more respect from Bury. They are not special, everybody is. That's why everybody gets treated the same.'

As the Mail article says, stop being so pretentious @Karlos. We're bigger than you.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Tom Lawrence is scoring the winner for Derby tonight isn't he...
  • Hicksy2011
    13837 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh wow 70/71 voted against
    Do we know the one who voted for would be?
    I’d imagine it was us given our history and our CEO was an ex Bury CEO and he kept getting emotional about how many people he knew who were losing their jobs
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4207 posts National Call-Up
    Harris has to go.

First half was dire in a 442. Come out second half 4312, played unreal, could've scored a couple. Switches to 4141 and tries to sit back last 10 minutes and we concede.
  • Decent point considering we were ****.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Derby bringing Mason Bennett on and then conceding a last minute equaliser 5 minutes later is quite funny.