The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6079 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 21
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Ream had 112 passes today and Mawson had 111. It's almost like we were just passing the ball between our Centre-Backs for the whole game.

Stamball

It's funny, I actually said to someone today that we were doing exactly what you were doing under Stam. It's weird for us though, I genuinely don't think it's how Parker wants to play. We saw it in Pre-Season and against Barnsley where we were trying a lot of diagonal balls into the channels to get in behind, but I think because we lost against Barnsley we just ditched it and Parker's trying be a BTEC Jokanovic but without any of the actual attacking impetus despite having (on balance) better players available to him.

I'm not convinced he can get the best out of Mitrovic either. Think the way coaching's going, and the way Parker has us set up to effectively copy what Liverpool do I think he'd rather have a "pressing" Firmino type Striker than a Mitrovic.
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Alastair wrote: »
    JamieC wrote: »
    Away to Dereham, went 2-0 down and won 3-2 :smiley:

Still unbeaten in the league! :smiley:

Isrhmathian Prem next season?

That or Southern Premier Central, but got to hope Maldon & Tiptree actually drop points at some point. They have won all 6 of the games they have played at the moment, we are a point behind, but played one more than them.
  • NornIron
    11391 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 21
    Northern Ireland 2nd Division, the Police have a football team this guy scored against them today. :)
  • Retro1989
    4473 posts National Call-Up
    "Judge Mark Hamill" From Jedi to Judge.
  • They Caged Non
    4442 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Dont think weve ever beaten a neil warnock side away sounds a pretty poor performance but expecting a few this season just hoping for a positive rebuild. Sounds like george saville was shocking again cant believe we paid 7 million for him.

Yeah he is an absolute nothing player.. with Wing's drop in form you would think he would be like a raging bull after getting a start today, funny how the phrase 'get a reaction from' never applies to Middlesbrough.

We are the only team in Football that can come out 2nd half 1-0 down and actually look worse than the first.

• wheelerdeeler
    Stoke/Huddersfield on the 1st of October should be an interesting one at this rate.
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    Football is rubbish again fellas I wanna come back
  • They Caged Non
    Farlz wrote: »

Farlz getting the old Premier League comedown :D

All I know as a Boro fan i don’t want to ever watch what we had to watch a couple of seasons back ever again.

• Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    Some how doubt that Lard is gunna feel the same lol
  • iHilarious
    13097 posts Has That Special Something
    Dont think weve ever beaten a neil warnock side away sounds a pretty poor performance but expecting a few this season just hoping for a positive rebuild. Sounds like george saville was shocking again cant believe we paid 7 million for him.

How’s Johnson getting on?
  • They Caged Non
    iHilarious wrote: »

Shining light mate, him and McNair have been great.. both snubbed by the t-Rex and both players we were crying out for, MJ was played at wing back this weekend which isn’t great.

• They Caged Non
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Some how doubt that Lard is gunna feel the same lol

On one hand you want his smugness to be cut in half but on the other everyone loves the underdog bossing it and they are genuinely an awesome team with a ridiculously good manager.
  • Hicksy2011
    13096 posts Has That Special Something
    Is it bad that I really want Wilder to manage like Real Madrid because I’m genuinely intrigued to see whether his nonsense system/formation translates
    Could be the English Pep :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    To be fair it's not the worst shout in the world. Eder Militao is pretty much a hybrid Right-Back/Centre-Back anyway.

I actually wanted us to try it with Le Marchand and Odoi/S. Sessegnon as the L/RCB at some point in Pre-Season to see if we could get it to work.
  • wheelerdeeler

Can you become good so I stop seeing "Doing a Fulham" tweets please.
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    VAR is a massive sack of **** btw. Stay in the Championship so you never have to deal with it
  • AaronMFC
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    iHilarious wrote: »

hes playing class atm regret the amount i used to slag him off, looks a different player to when we first signed him.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3349 posts National Call-Up
    VAR is a massive sack of **** btw. Stay in the Championship so you never have to deal with it
    We’re playing it extra safe by staying in League One for this very reason.
  • BristolMDF
    708 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best result of the season.

Ten innocent, law abiding football fans, forcibly sent home from a game they’d paid to attend on false pretences, finally get justice.

2-EC7-EA12-55-A1-4-BEF-983-E-F9-BC159-B7-DD0.png

Hats off to the supporters trust for fighting this so long. The fact that it took 4 years for vindication is criminal.
  • james2060
    2841 posts Fans' Favourite

In what's been a **** day for the city, and knowing people who've lost their jobs, this is a great gesture from the club.
  • BristolMDF
    Imagine losing your job and having to watch Peterborough all in the same week :(
  • They Caged Non
    james2060 wrote: »

Our clubs not worth 20m these days, fat chance of us signing anyone haha.

• Hicksy2011
    I don’t believe those figures at all
    That being said there would be nothing more football than a bloke who has clearly been ready to step up a level for four years getting bought immediately after their low release clause has been binned
  • Hicksy2011
  • Handy Andy
    5761 posts Big Money Move
    tenor.gif?itemid=9175498

• wheelerdeeler
    As long as Pontus Jansson got to make the speech for it.
  • BristolMDF
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Wasn’t that the same match where a Leeds player got a Villa player sent off by deceiving a referee?
  • Hicksy2011
    Of course the best demonstration of fair play is a team who cheats then regrets it rather than, for example, a team that just doesn’t cheat in the first place
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    :D