The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• BrentfordFC
    12316 posts Has That Special Something
    There you go. Stoke had 62 as a result of the Port Vale game.

@wheelerdeeler best response from it all :lol:

• Alastair
    10077 posts Moderator
    FA Cup day today. Truro at home which should be winnable.

There’s something special about an FA Cup match in the Autumn sun.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6182 posts Big Money Move
    Rodak still not getting a start. Not sure what else Bettinelli needs to do before he gets dropped. Apart from that happy with the team for today.
  • WFCBagnall
    71437 posts Moderator
    iHilarious wrote: »
    I didn’t get banned, was when I was on bail then after that I could pretty much do what I want. Had to sign an Acceptable Behaviour Contract, can’t be with like 6 or more people or get done for **** about but other then that it’s sweet

No pyro no party
  • Hicksy2011
    13292 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 21
    In today’s positional merry go round Jackett has moved people from this position to the next
    RB to CB
    CB to CDM
    ST to CB
    ST to RW
    And disposed of both the CBs we supposedly paid huge wages to sign for us in the summer
    If he subs on Pitman at CAM like usual there is a genuine chance all 4 strikers in our squad are going to be on the pitch at the same time and we will only be playing one up front
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    In today’s positional merry go round Jackett has moved people from this position to the next
    RB to CB
    CB to CDM
    ST to CB
    ST to RW
    And disposed of both the CBs we supposedly have huge wages to sign for us in the summer

Can’t be full chem surely
  • I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player roll around as much as Ayew
  • NornIron
    11830 posts Has That Special Something
    Done Lincoln today, going well :D
  • They Caged Non
    4724 posts National Call-Up
    We have been rubbish, and are rubbish at the minute.
  • wheelerdeeler
    It's a joke how predictable our games are at the minute. Have all of the possession, but we just can't kill games off and it's cost us again.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Same feeling as last week. Knew it was going to be a tricky game going into it, but with how the game's played out and the position we put ourselves in it feels like 2 points dropped again.
  • Hicksy2011
    edited September 21
    Today was a watershed moment for us I think
    Somehow the worst performance of the season, 25 mins of chants of ‘We want Jackett out’ and I can’t see anyone supporting him on Twitter, surely has to go now
    In to the bottom 4 after spending 3.5m on players in the summer, wonderful stuff
  • Alastair
    10077 posts Moderator
    Went 2-0 down but won 5-2 in the end. Only 9 wins from Wembley now!!
  • Pretty entertaining 0-0.

But to give us a man advantage on 90 mins and then only add on 2 mins when there was at least 5 or 6 mins of stoppage is disgusting.

4 subs, 90 seconds for the red card incident and at least 3 or 4 mins of general rolling around and other stoppages. How the **** are you making that 2 minutes?
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    Bialkowski conjured the spirit of Jordan Archer and had an absolute howler to give QPR the win, but nothing short of what they deserved. Harris HAS to be on very, very thin ice now.
  • wheelerdeeler
    We're not in a bad position, especially given we've just had a run of Cardiff Away, West Brom Home and Sheff. Wednesday Away. But Parker should without question be getting more from the players we have. Pressure will be really on him if we don't start winning.
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 21
    30% possession. 1 Shot on Target. 2-0 Win. Absolutely perfect shithousing. What a result.
  • Rulistening
    1947 posts Play-Off Hero
    We are on an absolute roll at the moment, still got my sights on top half finish being the overall aim- but of course anything better than that is a bonus

Duff has turned us into a far better team than the dinosaur we had in charge before, won’t be long before clubs above us start calling about him
  • Karlos
    24317 posts Club Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Today was a watershed moment for us I think
    Somehow the worst performance of the season, 25 mins of chants of ‘We want Jackett out’ and I can’t see anyone supporting him on Twitter, surely has to go now
    In to the bottom 4 after spending 3.5m on players in the summer, wonderful stuff

It’s bottom 3 now pal x
  • iHilarious
    13118 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    Done Lincoln today, going well :D

Good job ;)
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    @iHilarious Not everyday I say this but you were right. Johnny Lundstram, what a player.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Ream had 112 passes today and Mawson had 111. It's almost like we were just passing the ball between our Centre-Backs for the whole game.
  • WFCBagnall
    71437 posts Moderator
    Centre Half with a full on bicycle kick for the winner. You love to see it.
  • Hicksy2011
    Jackett Out and Ross Out both trending in the UK on Twitter :joy: :joy:
  • Dizzy Bala
    3688 posts National Call-Up
    Knew Barnsley would be a tough game, always struggle against the newly promoted teams. They probably should of won but fantastic performances from Joe Worrall and Brice Samba plus a rare Ben Watson finish gave us the three points.

Stoke away next in the league, Arsenal on Tuesday Night.
  • JamieC
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    Away to Dereham, went 2-0 down and won 3-2 :smiley:

Still unbeaten in the league! :smiley:
  • AaronMFC
    1604 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dont think weve ever beaten a neil warnock side away sounds a pretty poor performance but expecting a few this season just hoping for a positive rebuild. Sounds like george saville was shocking again cant believe we paid 7 million for him.
  • Alastair
    10077 posts Moderator
    JamieC wrote: »
    Away to Dereham, went 2-0 down and won 3-2 :smiley:

Still unbeaten in the league! :smiley:

Isrhmathian Prem next season?
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Dont think weve ever beaten a neil warnock side away sounds a pretty poor performance but expecting a few this season just hoping for a positive rebuild. Sounds like george saville was shocking again cant believe we paid 7 million for him.

Nor can we. Shame we went and spunked it on players like Ryan Leonard and Jiri Skalak.
  • Handy Andy
    5771 posts Big Money Move
    Ream had 112 passes today and Mawson had 111. It's almost like we were just passing the ball between our Centre-Backs for the whole game.

Stamball