The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Akinfenwaaaa
    4141 posts National Call-Up
    I think a lot are starting to turn on Harris now, all getting a bit sick of how negative he is. Couldn't imagine there's a worse club in the EFL to play for if you've got a bit of creativity and flair. I'm hoping he's gone before it's too late, I can't do League One again.
  • iHilarious
    13097 posts Has That Special Something

Heskey has joined on the Sol Campbell bandwagon by the looks of it
  • Hicksy2011
    13104 posts Has That Special Something
    So frustrating
    Gerrard and Lampard played all/most of their career at one club as about the best player, then went virtually straight from retirement in to the academy to coach
    Then went out with the backing of their club and being given free quality players like Mount, Tomori, Kent etc etc all of which brought so much quality
    It’s not a surprise you get given a chance if you bring someone like Mount with you who on paper would be as good as anyone
  • wheelerdeeler
    6082 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 16
    I'd be surprised if Sol Campbell and Chris Hughton don't get a job at some point in the season. Obviously I don't know what sort of jobs Heskey's been applying for, but if he has to do what Campbell did and prove his worth at the bottom end of League Two then that's what he has to do.

Or he just needs to go the Parker, Woodgate, Darren Moore (at West Brom) etc. route of taking a job on the coaching staff/in the academy and work his way up. He must surely still know some people at Birmingham, Wigan, Villa etc. to get his foot in the door at a club.

Lampard and Gerrard are to borrow a FIFA term "Icons". I doubt there'd be that many players who would say they want to go and play for Emile Heskey, especially compared to the number of players who'd want to play for Lampard/Gerrard- and that would factor in to any managerial appointment.
  • james2060
    2842 posts Fans' Favourite
    How long has Heskey been out of football? Same with Sol Campbell, once you're out for a couple of years, it's so difficult to get back in as someone else has taken the job you want. On top of the ones you've mentioned, we had Ferguson and Grant McCann retire and go straight into coaching/managerial jobs. Aaron McLean did the same at Ebbsfleet, and is now back with us coaching. I'm not sure McCann wanted to be coaching our under 14's, but he started somewhere and is now managing a Championship club.
  • Karlos
    24301 posts Club Captain

Rather have no club to support than support this club.
  • They Caged Non
    4447 posts National Call-Up
    Thing is, Heskey had like 10 clubs or whatever, Campbell did the ultimate dirty and went to Arsenal from Spurs... neither of those things are good traits for a leadership role.

I’ll admit there is nowhere near enough black players from their generation in management.. but the modern generation, who the hell is gonna be management material, mr AK47 leg? Or Lingard in a hotel room with mates pretending to hump a pillow, or Jermaine Pennant making childish jokes on a dating show with his daft bird, or Toure and his birthday cake, Jermaine Defoe, any of those African players who left Sunderland up the creek, Assombalonga? Doesn’t bode well does it.
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    Do Billericay still have that lunatic owner?

That bloke owning the club while Jamie **** O'Hara is the manager lool christ :D
  • WFCBagnall
    70342 posts Moderator
    YppXn7dr.jpg

Unreal
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited September 17
    To be fair, it’s about opportunity and the motivations of the player. Looking at the oldest players currently in the Prem I could easily see Wes Morgan and Alex Tettey getting coaching jobs with Leicester and Norwich respectively if they wanted one (and Kolo Toure’s already a coach at Leicester).

I’ve seen some talk about Sol Bamba getting the Cardiff job if Warnock leaves at the end of the season as well, so there is the potential there.
  • iHilarious
    13097 posts Has That Special Something
    Proper victim complex
  • Hicksy2011
    I can feel the false hope coming back again :joy:
    When we had Cook he had a point where he had to stop being negative because he had lost the crowd completely and some of the dressing room, and it caused us to go on a massive winning run
    I’ve somehow convinced myself the same is going to happen with Jackett starting tonight
  • Hicksy2011
    We needed Burton to play with 10 men for 70 minutes and concede a stupid penalty to give us a goal to scrape a point
    Awful awful performance, Jackett playing almost everyone completely out of position
    Most delusional thing today was to move Curtis from LM to ST after he scored, then to move him to LB in a flat back 5 for the last 15 minutes against 10 men
    Lack of coaching perfectly demonstrated when we got a free kick and the players didn’t know who was meant to be taking it
    RB Burgess almost cost us 4 goals in the first 10 minutes, imagine my shock it’s not like I’ve said he can’t play there
  • WFCBagnall
    70342 posts Moderator
    We're gonna win the league.
  • DelboyIRA
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    We needed Burton to play with 10 men for 70 minutes and concede a stupid penalty to give us a goal to scrape a point
    Awful awful performance, Jackett playing almost everyone completely out of position
    Most delusional thing today was to move Curtis from LM to ST after he scored, then to move him to LB in a flat back 5 for the last 15 minutes against 10 men
    Lack of coaching perfectly demonstrated when we got a free kick and the players didn’t know who was meant to be taking it
    RB Burgess almost cost us 4 goals in the first 10 minutes, imagine my shock it’s not like I’ve said he can’t play there

awful awful and awful performance
  • DelboyIRA
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

I hate to say it but we are missing Lowe, no of player we brought in can't replace him
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Beat Gateshead 2-1.

96th minute and the Gateshead CB misplaced a pass to put us through 2-on-1 with their GK. We score to make it 2-1 and ref instantly blows the final whistle. :lol:

That’s going to be a long 6 hour coach journey for that CB. :joy:
  • They Caged Non
    4447 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    Beat Gateshead 2-1.

96th minute and the Gateshead CB misplaced a pass to put us through 2-on-1 with their GK. We score to make it 2-1 and ref instantly blows the final whistle. :lol:

That’s going to be a long 6 hour coach journey for that CB. :joy:

It annoys me driving to Gateshead and I only live 30 miles away, imagine what a 6 trek there is like anyway :D

• JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro

Always great to beat your rival at home! :heart:
  • Rulistening
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    We're gonna win the league.

You can win second place pal, First is fully booked with the Cheltenham express

Whereas in reality I’m still checking the gap between us and the bottom as I don’t trust this “we are now good” malarkey.
  • Hicksy2011
    One week today and I have a sad feeling that we will be making national headlines for all the wrong reasons
    Atmosphere down at Fratton is getting toxic at best, that striped lot are going to pump us by 5 or 6 and the policing effort sounds deeply inadequate at best
    Probably going to be like scenes from the 80s I’m afraid, an absolute riot
  • GoodnightIrene
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    Let’s get a pool going on when he’ll return as owner and assistant manager or some malarkey, I’ll go with the 22nd with an official announcement on the 23rd.
  • Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    Let’s get a pool going on when he’ll return as owner and assistant manager or some malarkey, I’ll go with the 22nd with an official announcement on the 23rd.

How’s tyler smith getting on, seen he scored last night
  • wheelerdeeler
    Random question seeing as this is a FIFA forum after all. If we're not in the Premier League when our new stand is finished, will it still be the "old" Craven Cottage on FIFA- or will EA still update it? I'm not expecting them to make the Riverside Stand a building site for FIFA 20 & 21, but just a bit curious.
  • Hicksy2011
    I haven’t given it full attention but I’m pretty sure our new tv screens weren’t on the last fifa and I will be able to check soon whether our floodlight pylons have gone down on the new one
    I would take the assumption it won’t be changing
  • wheelerdeeler
    Got Joe Gomez in one of my "Welcome back" packs. Decent.
  • Karlos
    24301 posts Club Captain
    03627bbf8a1617041388eae485d0bcd7.png

What a kit :love: