The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• GoodnightIrene
    3431 posts National Call-Up
    All kicking off on Talksport about us and Derby.. Mel Morris is as slimy as a politician, but i fear Gibson's crusade is doing nothing but serve to embarrass the Boro.
    I agree with this, most people probably agree Morris is a sneaky bugger, but Gibson is just going out of his way and looks obsessed at this point.

• iHilarious
    13114 posts Has That Special Something
    Jefferson Louis signs for Hampton & Richmond Borough - making that his 38th different club. Surely nobody makes it close to big Jeff?
  • DelboyIRA
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Jefferson Louis signs for Hampton & Richmond Borough - making that his 38th different club. Surely nobody makes it close to big Jeff?

this guy is still alive? :)
  • They Caged Non
    4698 posts National Call-Up
    All kicking off on Talksport about us and Derby.. Mel Morris is as slimy as a politician, but i fear Gibson's crusade is doing nothing but serve to embarrass the Boro.
    I agree with this, most people probably agree Morris is a sneaky bugger, but Gibson is just going out of his way and looks obsessed at this point.

Listening to what they said it is shady as hell, Morris is claiming the company he sold it to is an events company so they hold events during the season, rather than just at seasons end, what a load of rubbish.

Also it was listed as a 40m asset on the books but was sold for 80m to the shell company. Someone also told me they had Jacob Butterfield (thats Jacob Butterfield in case you missed it the first time) listed as a 12m asset but then let him go for free.

The whole thing is dodgy.
  • iHilarious
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »

this guy is still alive? :)

He only made his debut 23 years ago ;)
  • wheelerdeeler
    6180 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 13
    Interested to see how we get on tomorrow. West Brom are unbeaten and have the players to punish us if we give them a chance. Arter's suspended as well, so there's a risk our midfield of (presumably) Reed, Cairney and Johansen will leave the defence too exposed.

Should be a good game though. We just need to play to our "top" level that we've only really reached against Millwall so far if we want to get a result.
  • Hicksy2011
    13273 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 13
    After an age off and still not playing tomorrow we finally get back to league 1 action on Tuesday, after a much needed break
    Dq0wMAC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • wheelerdeeler
    Go on Malone.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    Go on Malone.

I still can't get my head around why he actively chooses to look so ugly. Awful haircut and an awful beard.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Go on Malone.

I still can't get my head around why he actively chooses to look so ugly. Awful haircut and an awful beard.

Think he had a top knot at one point before he joined us, so it could be worse.
  • NornIron
    11798 posts Has That Special Something
    Very little football being played in this Derby match.
  • wheelerdeeler
    NornIron wrote: »
    Very little football being played in this Derby match.

Didn't expect much else. Cardiff are happier without the ball playing on the counter and Derby must be really low on confidence. If there is a winner it'll be from one moment of individual quality like that Waghorn run or a mistake.
  • Hicksy2011
    Sounds as though Cocu dropping Matt Clarke for no reason earlier in the season has shot his confidence completely
    Classic good management there
  • Dizzy Bala
    3688 posts National Call-Up
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Sounds as though Cocu dropping Matt Clarke for no reason earlier in the season has shot his confidence completely
    Classic good management there

Long may it continue
  • wheelerdeeler
    Chris Martin's scoring the winner isn't he. Would be hilarious.
  • wheelerdeeler
    How has Tom Lawrence managed to get 5 Yellows from 7 games when he's a winger?
  • wheelerdeeler
    Chris Martin's scoring the winner isn't he. Would be hilarious.

Thought it was going to happen then.
  • How has Tom Lawrence managed to get 5 Yellows from 7 games when he's a winger?

Diving presumably
  • wheelerdeeler
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Diving presumably

Even then 5 from 7 is ridiculous. I wouldn't even expect Johansen to get that sort of ratio, and his primary job is seemingly just to kick people to stop counter attacks.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3688 posts National Call-Up

That's like Colback levels of rule breaking.
  • They Caged Non
    4698 posts National Call-Up
    At least all these shady deals Morris is doing are paying dividends on the pitch....oh
  • WFCBagnall
    71354 posts Moderator
    Could really do with a win today.
  • wheelerdeeler
    So after being concerned about a Reed, Cairney, Johansen midfield being too attacking we’re playing Bobby Reid instead of Johansen. Hoped Rodak would start as well.
  • Hicksy2011
    @NornIron young lad Teggart doing well for us in a hybrid senior/youngsters team against a strong Norwich u21 team

Good lord our kids play better football than our senior players
  • wheelerdeeler
    Bettinelli costing us points again. Imagine my shock.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Annoyed about Bettinelli, but a draw with West Brom isn’t the end of the world. And we pretty much battered them for about 70 minutes before we ran out of energy and let them back into it.

Parker needed to bring on Johansen for Bobby Reid and let him start kicking people to break up the game before they got the goal.
  • Hicksy2011
    edited September 14
    Oh my days I’ve just found out Benjani Mwaruwari’s son is in our under 16s and it might be the greatest thing I’ve heard in years
    Oh my god he’s called Benjani Jr, this is unbelievable
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    Ryan Leonard still somehow starting. Honestly Sheffield United must've been **** themselves laughing that we actually forked out any sort of money for him, let alone the reported £1.5m.
  • dannyboy
    12834 posts Has That Special Something
    Come on Boro lads
  • iHilarious
    Good to see Bolton’s signings changed their fortunes