The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• BristolMDF
    233 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Popov The Tops would make an excellent headline if he popped up with a winning goal.
  • WFCBagnall
    69554 posts Moderator
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Popov The Tops would make an excellent headline if he popped up with a winning goal.

Top of the Popov's?

No?
  • AtomicOdin
    1134 posts Professional
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    non league here we come. didn't think it was possible to be as bad as last season. oh dear god how wrong was I.

well what a turn around that 2nd half was. I can't remember seeing us dominate a half that like that in a long time. fist time we have come from behind to win a game in 2 1/2 years. March 2017 was the last time it happened.
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Top of the Popov's?

No?

Now then, now then.

• Rulistening
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    6th in the league and we haven’t even scored in an away game yet. If we could do anything away from our stadium we’d be 60 points clear end of the season imo. A truly elite team
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    FA Cup draw day <3
  • strings79
    2026 posts Fans' Favourite
    At last we have a new management team the Cowley brothers hopefully they can turn us round sharpish. Two tough games to start with wednesday at home and WBA away good luck lads your going to need it!
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4120 posts National Call-Up
    strings79 wrote: »
    At last we have a new management team the Cowley brothers hopefully they can turn us round sharpish. Two tough games to start with wednesday at home and WBA away good luck lads your going to need it!

Are you sure you don't want to leave the Cowley brothers at Lincoln and instead opt for the tactical genius that is Neil Harris?
  • strings79
    2026 posts Fans' Favourite
    strings79 wrote: »

Are you sure you don't want to leave the Cowley brothers at Lincoln and instead opt for the tactical genius that is Neil Harris?

no thanks pal :D glad we dodged that bullet hopefully the cowleys can do as well at our level as they have in the lower leagues !
  • james2060
    2826 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like how obsessed some Sunderland fans are with Maddison. First it's trying to get him to join their massive club, now they've realised the person he is and are saying how glad they are he didn't. Tinpot club. :D
  • NornIron
    11120 posts Has That Special Something
    Gavin Whyte 81 pace in FIFA 20 Jamal Lewis 79 pace okay then don't update stats.
  • Lard_Lad
    12609 posts Has That Special Something
    Ravel Morrison our highest rated player and only 4 golds. Another season of our players being vastly underrated on Fifa
  • wheelerdeeler
    5989 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 10
    We got the 4 Golds I said we would (Cairney, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Mitrovic). First time in absolutely ages where I genuinely can't complain about any of our players ratings/card stats. Kamara should probably be a RW and quicker, but that's about it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Actually some decent cards for a starter team in the Championship. Specifically looking at Kongolo and Badou Ndiaye (who I genuinely thought had left Stoke).
  • Dizzy Bala
    3660 posts National Call-Up
    Not really sure that any of our players are worth getting excited about on FUT lol.
    Can't really use our team because we've hardly got any pace.

Giving Adomah 78 pace is criminal.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited September 10
    Alfa Semedo looks decent as a CDM to be fair. Just impossible to make a hybrid from him because he's from Guinea-Bissau.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Tell you what, Kosovo could end up qualifying in our group. Got some players I like (in other words want/wanted Fulham to sign) in Vedat Muriqi and Valon Berisha and they're bang in form.

There you go. Muriqi Assist, Berisha goal (with some help from Michael Keane).
  • wheelerdeeler
    Tell you what, Kosovo could end up qualifying in our group. Got some players I like (in other words want/wanted Fulham to sign) in Vedat Muriqi and Valon Berisha and they're bang in form.

There you go. Muriqi Assist, Berisha goal (with some help from Declan Rice).
  • wheelerdeeler
    This has been an absolutely mental game.
  • BristolMDF
    233 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Should be about 11-7 at this stage
  • wheelerdeeler
    Part of me wants Kosovo to get to the Euros just to see what happens if Serbia qualify as well and they play each other.

Said it above, I do just genuinely like some of their players as well. Rather they got to the Euros than the Czech Republic or Montenegro.
  • Handy Andy wrote: »
    Should be about 11-7 at this stage

watch the 5th test on Thursday and you will see that

Imagine thinking we'll get double figures
  • Dizzy Bala
    Seems like UAE and the Romanian League are the new leagues this year then.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

Fairly sure the Conference would generate more players than those...
  • Dizzy Bala
    Alastair wrote: »
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

Fairly sure the Conference would generate more players than those...
    I think it's likely an issue of how much a license costs and whether it serves a section of FIFA's player base.

In terms of the Conference, I'd imagine it would nearly be all bronze players, which in the current ste-up with FUT would be little more than fan-service.

Liga I has 162 silvers and 191 Bronzes and looking through UAE actually, it's just Al Ain that's licensed, not the full league.
  • Hicksy2011
    12878 posts Has That Special Something
    Well safe to say tensions are starting to rise two weeks out from derby day
    Some stewards at St Mary’s last night apparently started attacking some fans who had an England flag with a tiny Pompey badge on
    They refused to even let John Westwood in the stadium
    Needle needle
  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    John Westwood is a **** that’s why. Why you wearing a club shirt to an international match?
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited September 11
    What do we reckon. Team 1 or Team 2 as a "Starter" team to make on the Web App. Can't see either being more than 10-12k.
    MqYIiY2.jpg
  • Hicksy2011
    12878 posts Has That Special Something
    Team 2
    Looking a lot like being able to retain the ball is going to be important and that midfield is a lot better