The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Retro1989
    4426 posts National Call-Up
    Nice of Fulham to let us have the first goal.
  • Retro1989
    Top 3 worst referee's this guy is.
  • Karlos
    24283 posts Club Captain
    Looking at the Bolton score, I think I’d rather we got kicked out.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4123 posts National Call-Up
    Fed up with Harris' negativity. If we had started with two up front, we could have comfortably won that game.
  • Retro1989
    Excellent result against 12 Men Fulham.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6000 posts Big Money Move
    Suspect we might have bought into our own hype after Wednesday. Only showed up last 15 minutes. Hope we never have that Ref again. Time wasting got absolutely stupid.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Final ball was horrendous, which when you consider the players we have is stupid. Had Mitrovic, Bobby Reid, Cavaleiro, Knockaert and AK47 on the pitch by the end and it was a miracle we managed to score one.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Fair play to Forest though. Their move for the first goal was the only moment of genuine quality in the whole game. Game probably should’ve ended up finishing 1-0 to Forest, so no complaints about the result.
  • WFCBagnall
    69618 posts Moderator
    Rubbish
  • Karlos
    24283 posts Club Captain
    Green Armyyy
  • AaronMFC
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fed up with Harris' negativity. If we had started with two up front, we could have comfortably won that game.

You were the much better team first half we were the second but yeah we didnt create a lot. Looked like we should have had a stonewall pen but getting used to poor refereeing against us this season.
  • Retro1989
    Karlos wrote: »
    Green Armyyy

• Hicksy2011
    12904 posts Has That Special Something
    Not surprised to see Wigan fans want Cook out
    Absolute one trick pony, same as Jackett, completely stubborn and if Plan A doesn’t work he is completely lost
  • james2060
    2827 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cannae beat a 4-0 away win over the franchise :)
  • BristolMDF
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Benik <3
  • Dizzy Bala
    3662 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 24
    Fulham are perhaps one of the most overpowered sides in the Championship, since maybe Newcastle when they came down. After Wednesday night, the way both they and we also performed I thought we'd get pulled apart and there is no doubting even with the result who has the better team.

That being said, I'm actually a little shocked but delighted we've not only took a point but three. Tells me that we do have some quality in the squad but it's about consistency. We're more likely to lose against Millwall than Fulham, such is our club.

Anyways, Derby at home on Tuesday in the cup. Big game, wondering if maybe Sabri will let Carvalho play that one and then a tough one home to Preston who have just beat Wednesday.

2 wins, 2 draws and a loss. 8 points from 15 isn't a bad start at all, considering we have played West Brom, Leeds and Fulham in those five.
  • AaronMFC
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
  • wheelerdeeler
    We've got two big games now against Cardiff and West Brom either side of the internationals, expecting both to be in the mix this season even though Cardiff have started a bit slowly. Don't care about Southampton in the Cup. Considering we're playing away Friday night I'd just be playing the kids and Bobby Reid seeing as he can't play against Cardiff anyway.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited August 24
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Fulham are perhaps one of the most overpowered sides in the Championship, since maybe Newcastle when they came down. After Wednesday night, the way both they and we also performed I thought we'd get pulled apart and there is no doubting even with the result who has the better team.

That being said, I'm actually a little shocked but delighted we've not only took a point but three. Tells me that we do have some quality in the squad but it's about consistency. We're more likely to lose against Millwall than Fulham, such is our club.

Said it above, think we might have bought into our own hype a bit after Wednesday- and that's dangerous in the Championship. Was always going to be how we followed up on the performance on Wednesday and especially First Half we were just very lethargic. It was always going to be the same team as Wednesday night after how we played, but I don't think we can get away with Arter as the 6 in games like today- and in hindsight we probably should have started Harrison Reed instead of Johansen.

You were good value for the win overall. We just have to have faith that it was "one of those days" for us given how bad our end product was.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    AaronMFC wrote: »

How was the one on Bradshaw not given? Shotton got absolutely none of the ball.
  • AaronMFC
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero

other end to me so no idea if theres a clip link it.
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Got knocked out of the FA Cup early again! :angry:

**** Fuming! :angry:
  • Akinfenwaaaa

• AaronMFC
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah another howler amazed that wasnt given probably would have been at the other end the linesman near me gave everything against us.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3662 posts National Call-Up
    Said it above, think we might have bought into our own hype a bit after Wednesday- and that's dangerous in the Championship. Was always going to be how we followed up on the performance on Wednesday and especially First Half we were just very lethargic. It was always going to be the same team as Wednesday night after how we played, but I don't think we can get away with Arter as the 6 in games like today- and in hindsight we probably should have started Harrison Reed instead of Johansen.

You were good value for the win overall. We just have to have faith that it was "one of those days" for us given how bad our end product was.
    Seems like it was the polar opposite for us, we needed a performance after Wednesday when we robbed Charlton.

I just look at us beating you as an example of the Championship being absolutely mental.
    • We beat you.
    • You beat Millwall.
    • Millwall beat West Brom
    • West Brom beat us.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Our Ref seemingly managed to annoy both sets of fans today. It was just small things for us, like him seemingly not knowing the new rule for subs because he let Tiago Silva run to the bench when he should have gone off on the other side of the pitch. Plus the time wasting was genuinely stupid. Haven't seen us talk about the handball shouts we had, so I'm assuming it was the right decision to not give a pen. Although with how we played today we'd have probably missed it anyway.

It would never actually happen because the Ref won't send a Keeper off for time wasting, but Samba could (and should) have had two yellow cards for time wasting today.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

Seems like it was the polar opposite for us, we needed a performance after Wednesday when we robbed Charlton.

I just look at us beating you as an example of the Championship being absolutely mental.
    • We beat you.
    • You beat Millwall.
    • Millwall beat West Brom
    • West Brom beat us.

I was half expecting it after Wednesday, just because as you say the Championship is mental and I always get a bit anxious when things are seemingly going really well for us and we start to get really hyped up like we were after Wednesday.

Think our next three league games are Cardiff, West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday- and that should give us a proper indicator to see where we are at this stage of the season.