The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• DelboyIRA
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Jackett has actually thrown the players under the bus and named names as to who made errors tonight rather than admit it was his own mistakes that cost us tonight
    Honestly wouldn’t even be mad if the lads
    Didn’t bother turning up to training next week tbh

and whom he blamed?
  • They Caged Non
    4443 posts National Call-Up
    strings79 wrote: »
    Boro and Forest fans opinions on karanka hes been heavily linked with us whats he like as a gaffer ?

**** but our grass has hardly been greener since he left.
  • AaronMFC
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    We havent scored a goal from open play in the league this calendar year at the end i sit, knew we didnt score many but cant believe none from open play for that long.

Is Britt still ****? :smiley:

He looks a lot better than the start of last season his work rate has went up wouldnt trust him to take a pen since the two hes took this season were just warnings to duck in the crowd.
  • mott1993
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Han-Noah Massengo, lads. Remember the name, he’s going to the top.

Just turned 18 years old and comfortably the best player in our squad by a country mile.

I want to see him and Nagy (when fit) play together, but I don’t know who you drop to fit those two and Brownhill in the same team
  • BristolMDF
    708 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mott1993 wrote: »

Just turned 18 years old and comfortably the best player in our squad by a country mile.

I want to see him and Nagy (when fit) play together, but I don’t know who you drop to fit those two and Brownhill in the same team

Thought the same thing. I can’t see how you can get them both into a team with Brownhill and Palmer. Still, a glut of midfield class is a nice problem to have after how bad we’ve been in the middle in the last couple of years.

It does make me think however that with lots of central options and only two wingers (and seemingly adopting a 3/5 at the back), that it’s bad news for Eliasson which is a real shame as he’s class. I just can’t see how he’s going to get game time in a system without wingers. He’s going to have a very good career if he moves to a club where he gets games.
  • mott1993
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    mott1993 wrote: »

Thought the same thing. I can’t see how you can get them both into a team with Brownhill and Palmer. Still, a glut of midfield class is a nice problem to have after how bad we’ve been in the middle in the last couple of years.

It does make me think however that with lots of central options and only two wingers (and seemingly adopting a 3/5 at the back), that it’s bad news for Eliasson which is a real shame as he’s class. I just can’t see how he’s going to get game time in a system without wingers. He’s going to have a very good career if he moves to a club where he gets games.

Suppose the only real option is to drop either Hunt or Moore (which would be very harsh) to accommodate the 4 midfielders
  • Hicksy2011
    13097 posts Has That Special Something
    9 wins in our last 26 league one games and 1 win in our last 9
    @Karlos we might be joining your league one relegation party
  • wheelerdeeler
    6080 posts Big Money Move
    Same team as Friday night so can’t have any complaints. Thought Bobby Reid might have got a start tonight, but as I say no complaints.
  • Apollo
    14932 posts Has That Special Something
    @wheelerdeeler Fulham have been class today! Playing some really good stuff
  • Hicksy2011
    13097 posts Has That Special Something
    Genuinely would not take Jack Butland in goal for us
    What’s happened to the kid
  • james2060
    2841 posts Fans' Favourite

5 assists already for our Marcus, this goal is pure filth.
  • Retro1989
    4473 posts National Call-Up
    Looking forward to the cricket score on Saturday if we play like this.
  • Handy Andy
    5761 posts Big Money Move
    any possession

1769e990ba0a437722d66840aa536817.png
  • Retro1989
    Fulham will have more than that when they play us.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Think I said last night I was waiting for us to play like the team we were getting bigged up as, well there you go.
  • They Caged Non
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    any possession

Still had 7 shots, must have been 7 goal kicks straight to the striker who hit a first time shot then never touched the ball again apart from kick offs

• They Caged Non
    Akinfenwa need not get too down, they are playing us on Sat
  • Retro1989
    Undeserved point i'll take it.

Ref was blind, had a clear view of this potential leg breaker
    4be82ec27c1ff83ab93f0e24b156a631.png
    And Don Goodman can go jump off a cliff.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    any possession

Only reason it went down to 85 was because they kicked off 2nd Half.
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    85% possession and nearly 1000 passes. What on earth were Millwall doing?
  • NornIron
    11395 posts Has That Special Something
    @iHilarious I see the Cardiff supporters are saying Whyte and Nelson are league 1 players.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    85% possession and nearly 1000 passes. What on earth were Millwall doing?

Was interesting. They started Bradshaw instead of Smith presumably because he’s more mobile and could press us, and then he just didn’t.
  • Retro1989
    Lamouchi on live radio "We were **** in the first half"
    :D
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4141 posts National Call-Up
    Well it's a rare occasion where I'm actually relieved I was at work as opposed to football. Poor from us tonight but Fulham are a class above and I doubt we'll be the last team they take apart like that.

Hopefully bounce back on Saturday but with Jed Wallace suspended and now Jiri Skalak out injured for a while, it means we'll be starting Shane Ferguson. Can't see us getting a win so I'll take a 0-0 now.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    Got the stuffing beat out of us for most of that game, Charlton should of put that game to bed but we've stolen that point. Great for Adomah to get a point for us though.

Lamouchi's post-match is amazing. :D
  • Dandingooo
    1071 posts Professional
    Ivan ripping it up, you love to see it @wheelerdeeler
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited August 22
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    Ivan ripping it up, you love to see it @wheelerdeeler

Started a bit slowly against Barnsley and Blackburn and the 1st Half of the Huddersfield game, but the winner against Huddersfield has probably given him the confidence to do what he did tonight and hopefully bag some more in the not too distant future. We all know how good he can be after the season he had with you when you went up, it was just getting him into the position to where he can show it in a Fulham shirt.

Was always going to be a case of needing our front three to "click", and obviously as they get more games together (and everyone hits their peak fitness wise) they should hopefully improve even more.
  • Alastair
    10061 posts Moderator
    edited August 22
    24 hours for a miracle to happen. Best of luck @Karlos.
  • DelboyIRA
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    are Bolton and Bury going to be in FIFA 20 if they are expelled from English Football League?
  • NornIron
    11395 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 22
    Mark Sykes been made available for Loan by Oxford if he plays every week in his position CM/CAM I can see him being very good for another L1/L2 team.

Same thing happened Stuart Dallas played 7 games in his first season at Brentford went on loan to Northampton until Jan came back done brilliant and got a move to Leeds.