The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Handy Andy
    5762 posts Big Money Move
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Reading (12/5), Luton Town (21/10) and Wigan (23/10) - coincidentally the three sides Cardiff have played so far this term - are the current favourites to be relegated.

And we've scraped 3 points from that thanks to a 96th minute goal, it's going to be a long season

those odds were fair enough for the start of the season but absolute nonsense considering the signings since then
  • Hicksy2011
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Jesus it’s like watching a repeat of last year
    The linesman four yards away gives a corner that never should have been after it all came from Brown and Burgess being poor, both of whom cost us so many goals last year and Jackett doesn’t drop even though we have better options on the bench

3 mins in and another monumental **** up by Brown and we have conceded yet another goal
    Jackett is going to make me have a breakdown
  • Chubbs
    14399 posts Has That Special Something
    Would be really nice if SAFC could hold on now!!
  • GoodnightIrene
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    I just don’t get the point of not letting Bury play games
    Like at this stage of the season most people would rather be playing games and sorting stuff out
    Everyone knows beforehand that it might get scratched and they should get battered every week anyway
    And it helps Bury because they can actually produce some income
    Literally the only issue is if someone gets suspended because of the Bury game and miss an actual game
    It's about safety. They can't afford to pay their own players how are they going to afford to pay for stewards and security especially at a time when there will likely be protests and unrest etc.
  • Hicksy2011
    I just don’t get the point of not letting Bury play games
    Like at this stage of the season most people would rather be playing games and sorting stuff out
    Everyone knows beforehand that it might get scratched and they should get battered every week anyway
    And it helps Bury because they can actually produce some income
    Literally the only issue is if someone gets suspended because of the Bury game and miss an actual game
    It's about safety. They can't afford to pay their own players how are they going to afford to pay for stewards and security especially at a time when there will likely be protests and unrest etc.

That is a very fair point
    I guess the police as well as a public body can’t do work they know full well they might not get paid for
    Shame
  • NornIron
    11429 posts Has That Special Something
    Did Portsmouth go 5 ATB against 9 men and concede 2?
  • Hicksy2011
    NornIron wrote: »

I repeat
    Against 9 men we could literally control the ball
    He subs off our CAM and makes everyone defend our own 18 yard box and shockingly concede twice
    I’m not exaggerating when I say he is the worst manager I have ever seen the bloke is a complete and utter moron
    He has to be sacked in the next week this is a complete disgrace
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    iHilarious wrote: »

No you're not.
  • Hicksy2011
    Like I feel guilty moaning with the state Bolton and Bury are in at the moment but genuinely Jackett has somehow taken the best squad in the league and completely stabbed them in the back two seasons in a row
  • BristolMDF
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Get in, great result.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4143 posts National Call-Up

I repeat
    He subs off our CAM and makes everyone defend our own 18 yard box and shockingly concede twice
    I’m not exaggerating when I say he is the worst manager I have ever seen the bloke is a complete and utter moron

Will be very surprised if he's not sacked shortly, can see Sol Campbell getting the job.
  • Hicksy2011
    Only positive of tonight is that our next game is already cancelled, the one after might be cancelled because of internationals and the one after is Bury
    Might not have to see this **** show for another 4 weeks
  • GoodnightIrene
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    At least we managed to beat 9 men...
  • wheelerdeeler
    6086 posts Big Money Move

I repeat

Will be very surprised if he's not sacked shortly, can see Sol Campbell getting the job.

They'll get Harry Redknapp back.
  • DelboyIRA
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    I literally don't have any words to say...this was worst performance from Portsmouth players ever!!!!
  • Hicksy2011
    edited August 20
    No idea who we would even get to manage us to be honest
    Can’t imagine we are a major draw given that under the current financial regime (which is absolutely fair enough) while we should be getting promoted we aren’t getting top half in the championship
    Who is going to risk their reputation to take us like a whole 8 places up the football league ladder
  • DelboyIRA
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can’t imagine we are a major draw given that under the current financial regime (which is absolutely fair enough) while we should be getting promoted we aren’t getting top half in the championship
    Who is going to risk their reputation to take us like a whole 8 places up the football league ladder

• Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain

Can have our manager if you want... undefeated so far.
  • AaronMFC
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didnt play well but getting the first win was all that mattered expecting a really tough challenge at the weekend as well. The ref today was absolutely awful though he will be the thing i remember most from the game.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    Fulham (A) tomorrow, followed by Middlesbrough (A) on Saturday. Easy 6 points. Set Piece FC doing the business.
  • WFCBagnall
    70402 posts Moderator
    Frustrating. We haven't conceded a legitimate goal from open play yet this season, but we've only scored twice ourselves.

Get a creative midfielder and a goalscorer in and we'll look absolutely brilliant.

Dan Scarr is unreal.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Fulham (A) tomorrow, followed by Middlesbrough (A) on Saturday. Easy 6 points. Set Piece FC doing the business.

Game will be interesting tomorrow. We haven't played well enough yet to where I'm properly confident going into games, and obviously you're unbeaten. Hope we're building ourselves up confidence wise with the couple of wins we've got now, so we'll start playing like the team everyone is seemingly bigging us up to be when everyone starts peaking fitness wise.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Definitely an... interesting take from Ian Holloway.
  • Hicksy2011
    Seems like a good time to post this
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/268665
    Could become seriously embarrassing for the EFL if it goes viral
  • AaronMFC
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    We havent scored a goal from open play in the league this calendar year at the end i sit, knew we didnt score many but cant believe none from open play for that long.
  • Hicksy2011
    Jackett has actually thrown the players under the bus and named names as to who made errors tonight rather than admit it was his own mistakes that cost us tonight
    Honestly wouldn’t even be mad if the lads
    Didn’t bother turning up to training next week tbh
  • Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    We havent scored a goal from open play in the league this calendar year at the end i sit, knew we didnt score many but cant believe none from open play for that long.

Is Britt still ****? :smiley:
  • strings79
    2078 posts Fans' Favourite
    Boro and Forest fans opinions on karanka hes been heavily linked with us whats he like as a gaffer ?
  • BristolMDF
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Han-Noah Massengo, lads. Remember the name, he’s going to the top.

Just turned 18 years old and comfortably the best player in our squad by a country mile.
  • AaronMFC
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    strings79 wrote: »
    Boro and Forest fans opinions on karanka hes been heavily linked with us whats he like as a gaffer ?

He got us promoted so obviously there were good times but he was a very negative manager and very stubborn. Most our fans love him and wanted him back but sitting back and accepting 1-0 defeats in the prem to not effect our goal difference was awful. He will almost certainly tighten up your defence but dont expect to score many.