The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• AaronMFC
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Given that it is highly likely that our team will be full British and Irish today, I wonder who the last team to have this was, Burnley potentially although they throw in the odd Icelandic her and there and Ashley barnes is apparently Austrian.

scott arfield was canadian as well surprised me when i first read that even though hes been gone a couple of years was a part of that team.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6081 posts Big Money Move
    Happy with the team today. Knockaert had to start after last weekend.
  • Hicksy2011
    13104 posts Has That Special Something
    You just love to see a goal like that against this opposition
  • Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    Getting nervous now, glad it’s back, just hope we give Bournemouth a testa nd aren’t as shocking defensively as Norwich but still have a go
  • Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 10
    VAR gonna ruin my season I can tell
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    VAR ruins all the fun
  • wheelerdeeler
    Talking about ruining the fun. We don’t have clappers today. Gutted.
  • Handy Andy
    5761 posts Big Money Move
    @dannyboy lol
  • Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    By comparison, we got about £5m for Osborn and the rest
    and. the. rest.

@Lard_Lad

• Hicksy2011
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Just a bit lost with our team now tbh
    Like Ben Close is a prime example
    Like 11 goals from 18+ yards in his last 30 games, a decent passer and possibly the best shooter out of central midfielders outside of the prem
    But he can’t defend properly for this level nor can he actually creatively pass beyond that sort of controlling the tempo role
    Like he sums our team up, 30 games of the season he will be quality but 16 games against quality teams his lack of quality in terms of retaining possession under pressure and defensively will be shown up

As I was saying
  • Dizzy Bala
    Notts are on television at 5:20 and they are charging £22 for a ticket, for a non-league game, what the **** haha.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Couldn’t have asked for more today. Win, Clean Sheet and Mitrovic getting his first goal. Harry Arter looks like a worldie of a signing. Would genuinely say he was the difference compared to last week.
  • BristolMDF
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 10
    It’s going to be a long season. Guess you can’t grumble with away points but we need to be much better at home.
  • Dizzy Bala
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    It’s going to be a long season. Guess you can’t grumble with away points but we need to be much better at home.

Feel like you could say that about us too haha.
  • Hicksy2011
    Win, clean sheet and a lot better
    Now just have to cross our fingers that we abandoned the hoof ball because we wanted to and not because there was a force 8 gale stopping us
    Would be nice for Marquis to get underway soon
  • Karlos
    24301 posts Club Captain
    Being 23rd was nice for a week.
  • AaronMFC
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    Very good first half not such a good second weird for brentford to not just completely outplay us and lose like they usually do.
  • WFCBagnall
    70335 posts Moderator
    Will take a point. If FGR are considered to be up there as one of the favourites, then we'll be ok. They didn't get out of their own half for 34 mins and didn't have a shot of target other that the penalty.
  • Chubbs
    14392 posts Has That Special Something
    I guess we're doing one more year in League One where we draw every game. SAFC are a mess
  • iHilarious
    13097 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 10
    Good win and clean sheet against a Peterborough side who are tipped to go far this season.

Matty Taylor and Garath McCleary both spotted in the directors box apparently :open_mouth:
  • james2060
    2842 posts Fans' Favourite
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Good win and clean sheet against a Peterborough side who are tipped to go far this season.

Not if we keep playing like this, sounded like we were hopeless again.
  • ryan217
    2878 posts Fans' Favourite
    Couldn’t have asked for more today. Win, Clean Sheet and Mitrovic getting his first goal. Harry Arter looks like a worldie of a signing. Would genuinely say he was the difference compared to last week.

Harry Arter is a worldie of a signing, with the squad you have you should be winning this league at a canter
  • wheelerdeeler
    ryan217 wrote: »

Harry Arter is a worldie of a signing, with the squad you have you should be winning this league at a canter

The question marks are Parker and the defence. But today proved to me that our defence will look better when we get some control in the midfield (which we didn't have at all last week). So in that sense Arter and Reed are bang on signings for us.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Absolute limbs in the Riverside Stand.
  • dannyboy
    12825 posts Has That Special Something
    Handy Andy wrote: »

d98cf7fdc9a518e9b38378bcbebeae54.png
  • Hicksy2011

My last post on this for a weeks I promise
    But it just always stuns me how you get these guys at lower league clubs where literally every fan will tell you they are top championship/low prem players already at the age of 22 and yet somehow there are F all takers for him at a price of 5m
    Then shockingly when they finally get given their chance they absolutely rip it up
  • They Caged Non
    4446 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Very good first half not such a good second weird for brentford to not just completely outplay us and lose like they usually do.

Weird that 2nd half, midfield looked like they hadn’t played before.

Shotton is awful, plain awful.

• AaronMFC
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    outrageous this was disallowed we also had one disallowed for offside which i havent seen a replay but is meant to be well on frustrating. Understand mistakes but no idea how the linesman think fletchers handballed that.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    We should do a sweepstakes on when we score our first goal. Could take a while however...
  • wheelerdeeler
    One interesting thing from watching our highlights on the Sky website. Because the temporary media gantry with all the cameras is literally just above the two benches you can hear all of the shouts coming from the bench.