The English Football League Lounge 2018/19

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Imagine spending my weekend watching Walsall......
  • WFCBagnall
    68502 posts Moderator
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Took 6 minutes for the refs to rule out a goal that was legitimate
    Brilliant

Absolute joke of a decision
  • WFCBagnall
    68502 posts Moderator

Only because of me :blush:
  • Hicksy2011
    12294 posts Has That Special Something
    Ball probably over the line then the ref doesn’t give a blatant pen
    So that’s potentially three goals for Walsall incorrectly denied by the ref then
  • Alastair
    9912 posts Moderator
    edited March 23
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Wish you two would get a room.
  • Hicksy2011
    Alastair wrote: »

I don’t think they’ve discovered buildings yet in that part of the midlands
  • Apollo
    11598 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Really enjoy watching england at the moment just feel we need one creative mid in the next few years to be a real force, if Man City play Foden he seems to be the one who talent wise fits the bill
    Pickford
    TAA - Gomez - Stones - Shaw
    Rice
    Alli - Loftus-Cheek
    Sterling/Sancho - Kane - Rashford

Hopefully Southgate will play something very close to that when he has all of the players back, quite a few are injured this week. Rice is definitely our best holding midfielder, I think going forward he'll make that spot his own. Think that team could cause any opposition problems

I'm so glad you've put Shaw in there ahead of Chilwell. Don't rate Chilwell at all, I really don't know what he offers. I don't recall him winning a single aerial battle yesterday and he was basically there to cause a distraction for Sterling/Hudson-Odoi to be able to cut inside, which any left back in the world is capable of :joy:

Also really, really hope we don't ever see Dier and Henderson in the same team again. We were so poor prior to Dier's injury last night.

I'm hoping someone like Matt Targett can come through in the next year or so to take the left back spot or be back up to Shaw. Besides that, I think the England team has a lot of quality in depth throughout.

Completely agree with this, once Barkley came on we improved massively. At least Southgate realised when making the substitution that the two defensive midfielders weren't needed and brought Barkley on to give us some more attacking threat. Better late than never, to be fair to him. And the sooner Rice gets the holding midfield starting spot the team will be all the better for it.
  • AtomicOdin
    1115 posts Professional
    So that’s potentially three goals for Walsall incorrectly denied by the ref then

Thats how it goes at the bottom of the league. Refs seem desperate to help those out at the top. Happened to us against both Luton and Sunderland.
  • Hicksy2011
    edited March 23
    AtomicOdin wrote: »

Thats how it goes at the bottom of the league. Refs seem desperate to help those out at the top. Happened to us against both Luton and Sunderland.

To be fair to Luton when I’ve seen them this season they have been quality mostly and deserve to be top
    Almost every time I’ve seen Barnsley and Sunderland they have been second best and got handed the game/a point by the ref, no wonder they have a combined 30 odd games unbeaten
  • Hicksy2011
    And there you are cheat all game get 3 points
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    That is absolutely awful, Walsall deserved the win here.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Alastair wrote: »

I don’t think they’ve discovered buildings yet in that part of the midlands

We have actually, our shacks may even be expanding to a second floor soon.
  • WFCBagnall
    68502 posts Moderator
    I'm absolutely **** fuming
  • Alastair
    9912 posts Moderator
    edited March 23

Hi, I’m Alastair. Pleased to meet you.
  • Handy Andy
    5660 posts Big Money Move

Seething
  • wheelerdeeler
    5679 posts Big Money Move
    Really enjoy watching england at the moment just feel we need one creative mid in the next few years to be a real force, if Man City play Foden he seems to be the one who talent wise fits the bill
    Pickford
    Rice
    Alli - Loftus-Cheek

Hopefully Southgate will play something very close to that when he has all of the players back, quite a few are injured this week. Rice is definitely our best holding midfielder, I think going forward he'll make that spot his own. Think that team could cause any opposition problems

I'm so glad you've put Shaw in there ahead of Chilwell. Don't rate Chilwell at all, I really don't know what he offers. I don't recall him winning a single aerial battle yesterday and he was basically there to cause a distraction for Sterling/Hudson-Odoi to be able to cut inside, which any left back in the world is capable of :joy:

Also really, really hope we don't ever see Dier and Henderson in the same team again. We were so poor prior to Dier's injury last night.

I'm hoping someone like Matt Targett can come through in the next year or so to take the left back spot or be back up to Shaw. Besides that, I think the England team has a lot of quality in depth throughout.

I like Chilwell to be fair. Even if **** Floyd Ayite murdered him a couple of weekends ago. Considering he's only 22 as well, think it's between Chilwell and Shaw for this World Cup cycle bar injuries. Unless someone like DaSilva comes through and starts playing consistently well in the Prem.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    Pickford
    Rice
    Alli - Loftus-Cheek

I like Chilwell to be fair. Even if **** Floyd Ayite murdered him a couple of weekends ago. Considering he's only 22 as well, think it's between Chilwell and Shaw for this World Cup cycle bar injuries. Unless someone like DaSilva comes through and starts playing consistently well in the Prem.

I think I might be slightly biased against him as I really can't get over the fact that he was too scared to take throw ins at our ground when we beat Leicester. Don't like him, think he's massively overrated and I can't quite believe Manchester City are looking at him but I won't complain if I'm proved wrong and he turns out to be a world class left-back. Not holding my breath though.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Anyone watching Soccer Saturday? Don't think Simon Francis could be less enthusiastic about this Pompey game if he tried.
  • Dandingooo
    1053 posts Professional
    Needed bury to score for £1300, hate you @Karlos
  • Hicksy2011
    Anyone watching Soccer Saturday? Don't think Simon Francis could be less enthusiastic about this Pompey game if he tried.

It’s hard to be enthusiastic about our games in fairness
    Not the best performance but another win, that’s all we can do at this stage of the season
  • Karlos
    24096 posts Club Captain
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    Needed bury to score for £1300, hate you @Karlos

Never bet on Bury imo.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3576 posts National Call-Up
    When it happens 3/4 times to you, then you can be angry.
  • Hicksy2011
    If we go up Ben Close is going to be a huge part of it
    5 goals in 10 games from CDM since Ben Thompson left, he’s really filled that gap
    Performance today was poor for the first 30 mins then clicked in to gear. 4 wins from 5 at least got some momentum and confidence back
    On to Wembley on Sunday :)
  • wheelerdeeler
    Had forgotten about this game. One of the most brilliantly mental games we've ever had. Also a prime candidate to make me think FIFA is actually realistic.
  • james2060
    2769 posts Fans' Favourite
    A win! We didn't need to play that we'll to be miles better than Southend, they're imploding in some style. They've got some good players for this level too, Cox wanting to be subbed off sums it up for them.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5211 posts Big Money Move
    **** Martin Allen, he'd have seen us go down. Thankfully Sheridan is competent and will have us challenging next season.
  • iHilarious
    12999 posts Has That Special Something

Been to Gibraltar a few times, lovely place. The view down the other end is much better
    rock-stadium-gibraltar_3718560.jpg
  • iHilarious
    12999 posts Has That Special Something
    AtomicOdin wrote: »

And us x