The English Football League Lounge 2018/19

Comments

• Dizzy Bala
    3457 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    My season ticket will be £355 again next season which I don’t think is bad, £15 a game

Mine is £340

Blimey, I pay less for Forest :D
  • Handy Andy
    5533 posts Big Money Move
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    My season ticket will be £355 again next season which I don’t think is bad, £15 a game

Mine is £340

was 180 for me :joy:
  • Dizzy Bala
    Bagnall is being taken for a ride, paying that to watch Walsall.
  • AtomicOdin
    1062 posts Professional
    non of you are the worst team in L1, we have that title already. Our game plan is too hoof it to our 5"4 strikers and then wonder why we dont retain the ball. And our defensive game plan is to allow the attackers as much space and time as possible for them to get a shot off.

At least its only costing me £150 for a season ticket in League 2 next season.
  • WFCBagnall
    65267 posts Moderator
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    non of you are the worst team in L1, we have that title already. Our game plan is too hoof it to our 5"4 strikers and then wonder why we dont retain the ball. And our defensive game plan is to allow the attackers as much space and time as possible for them to get a shot off.

At least its only costing me £150 for a season ticket in League 2 next season.

Should be an unreal game on Saturday :love:
  • WFCBagnall
    65267 posts Moderator
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

I sit in the upper tier which is the most expensive place to sit. It's £90 extra than sitting in the lower because you have the Stadium Suite and the view according to our Cheif Exec, but what they've now done is open up the Stadium Suite to everyone before the game making the £90 extra literally for the view only :joy:
  • GoodnightIrene
    3091 posts National Call-Up
    Can't we all just agree that League One is gash?
  • Karlos
    23614 posts Club Captain
    Can't we all just agree that League One is gash?

Don't worry pal, we'll be there soon.
  • BRISTOL86
    8663 posts League Winner
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

I sit in the upper tier which is the most expensive place to sit. It's £90 extra than sitting in the lower because you have the Stadium Suite and the view according to our Cheif Exec, but what they've now done is open up the Stadium Suite to everyone before the game making the £90 extra literally for the view only :joy:

Mine is the cheapest you can get (but still a great view compared to before the redevelopment tbh) but they go up to £615 or something ridiculous for the ‘best’ seats.
  • james2060
    2630 posts Fans' Favourite
    £400 if I get it early, bit steep imo.
  • Karlos
    23614 posts Club Captain
    What’s everyone’s preferred view ?

Behind the goal or side ?
  • dannyboy
    12695 posts Has That Special Something
    Side imo
  • AtomicOdin
    1062 posts Professional
    I sit behind the goal. just prefer the view as I always stood on the kop before it was made all seater. Sat on the halfway line on the top row during our time in the prem. view was ok but not as good. might be due to me being in the top tier of the kop.

think the corner offers the best view overall though, as long as you are Sat high enough.
  • They Caged Non
    4075 posts National Call-Up
    Karlos wrote: »
    What’s everyone’s preferred view ?

Behind the goal or side ?

We sit one row from the back in the North West corner (basically in the bigger stand) and have a great view, it’s also fairly quiet so you can sit where you like and no stewards so can stand up if you fancy. It’s on the corner of the ground that’s quickest to get back to the car too.

• SupaNoodle1990
    25258 posts Player of the Year
    Behind the goal for me, half way up the Smethwick end is a fantastic view.
  • Farlz
    7745 posts League Winner
    my ST is £420. Sit upper north, view is great
  • james2060
    2630 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sit on the side, would stand in our terrace if you could actually see the pitch.
  • BRISTOL86
    8663 posts League Winner
    Prefer side on but not paying £200 extra for the privilege. We’re towards the back and totally central and with the height of the stand, the view is actually very good compared to the undeveloped stand that we moved from, which is now the away end.
  • Side for me. Sat behind the goal whilst the new Lansdown Stand was being built and didn't really enjoy it (although I was pretty much in line with the touchline and we were mainly awful during that season)
  • AaronMFC
    1271 posts Professional
    high up in the corner have a good view of the game even if its slightly difficult to see set pieces at the other end of the pitch.
  • Dizzy Bala
    edited February 21
    Finally
    e826d746939885360aea4be6d902617d.pngcb5edf40045a06105868393100f26483.png

@Karlos
    31afd604e667906893cd28f2f3093119.png

• Karlos
    23614 posts Club Captain
    Thats not his hair amk

da441f03fd5283e4e311f15450f3c18d.png
  • Dizzy Bala
    edited February 21
    Bet you never push the buttons on the PS4 controller.. you always tappit. @Karlos
  • Karlos
    23614 posts Club Captain
    giphy.gif
  • wheelerdeeler
    5124 posts Big Money Move
    This has always been my view. Only real problem is depth perception up the other end in-terms of trying to see how close something was, whether it's a penalty etc. (oh, and the fact you're not covered by the roof and can get soaked depending on which way the wind is blowing). Originally sat there because it was on the cheaper end, but then you get to know the people who sit around you and you just stay there. Couldn't imagine sitting somewhere else now.
    VEA4sIs.jpg
  • wheelerdeeler
    5124 posts Big Money Move
    I've sat in the Putney End and Johnny Haynes stand before, but Putney End is the "neutral" end and Johnny Haynes stand your view can get obstructed by pillars. Never been in the Riverside Stand, and probably never will considering we're doing it up after this season.
  • Alastair
    9301 posts Moderator
    Stood in a terrace behind the goal any time.

Thank you @Karlos, think you’ve just given my the subject for next week’s Talking Points, how do you prefer to watch a match (terrace, seated, behind the goal, on the sideline or on TV I.e. you’re not a real football supporter)
  • ryan217
    2785 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stood behind the goal every time, I sit on the sidelines near a corner for Wales games and it's nowhere near as good.
  • They Caged Non
    4075 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    high up in the corner have a good view of the game even if its slightly difficult to see set pieces at the other end of the pitch.

Same one as us, North West? I like the bars with the window view of the marina/pond and new bridge too.

• dannyboy
    12695 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    on TV I.e. you’re not a real football supporter)

Are you a real supporter of the english national team? :confounded: