The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    12820 posts Has That Special Something
    Just to add to the high quality of footie on this weekend, we are on sky on Saturday lunchtime. We play hoofball at the best of times, we are completely out of form and we have our 4 first choice CMs all injured
    Oh and Southend are meant to be **** too, I am fully expecting 1-1 and just awful awful football
  • AaronMFC
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Just to add to the high quality of footie on this weekend, we are on sky on Saturday lunchtime. We play hoofball at the best of times, we are completely out of form and we have our 4 first choice CMs all injured
    Oh and Southend are meant to be **** too, I am fully expecting 1-1 and just awful awful football

Great stuff ill be sure to watch that and then our trip to blackburn on sunday wish it was the weekend already.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    EFL Upgrades
    Dack - 73 > 74
    Roofe - 72 > 74
    Abraham - 74 > 75
    Mount - 74 > 75
    Bowen - 69 > 74

Shame about no Lolley tbh.
  • Alastair
    10018 posts Moderator
    Bowen <3
  • wheelerdeeler
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Don't know why Bowen was only a 69 to begin with. I know he tailed off a bit as the season went on, but he still got what? 15 goals last season?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    EFL Upgrades
    Dack - 73 > 74
    Roofe - 72 > 74
    Abraham - 74 > 75
    Mount - 74 > 75
    Bowen - 69 > 74

Shame about no Lolley tbh.

Fleck still not 99 smh
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 15
    Wish they'd have brought downgrades back. Literally our whole team (that we started the season with) would've gone down apart from Mitrovic, Le Marchand and Sessegnon according to SoFIFA.
  • wheelerdeeler
    That Leroy Fer SBC card looks decent.
  • Handy Andy
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    going to Bramall Lane to watch Norwood tomorrow imo @Lard_Lad
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4117 posts National Call-Up
    Have I just gone on the web app for the first time since October purely to buy that special Murray Wallace card? Yes, yes I have. Purely on the basis I'm hoping they bring generations back in future and I've always managed to get every single Millwall special card in past editions.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 15
    I've changed consoles too many times to have a proper Fulham generations team. Changed from PS3 to 360 and then later to Xbox One around FIFA 13 and then switched back to PS4 at the back end of FIFA 17 but I couldn't remember my account details.

Would be something like this if I'd stuck with one because I've been playing UT since the days it was a paid DLC and you had to buy packs one by one. With TOTS McCormack and a couple more IFs on the bench. Wish MOTM, TOTGS, TOTKS etc. cards were a thing for FIFA 10 as well because we'd have gotten so many for our Europa League final run.

FWLkcMe.jpg
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4117 posts National Call-Up
    I've changed consoles too many times to have a proper Fulham generations team. Changed from PS3 to 360 and then later to Xbox One around FIFA 13 and then switched back to PS4 at the back end of FIFA 17 but I couldn't remember my account details.

Would be something like this if I'd stuck with one because I've been playing UT since the days it was a paid DLC and you had to buy packs one by one. With TOTS McCormack and a couple more IFs on the bench. Wish MOTM, TOTGS, TOTKS etc. cards were a thing for FIFA 10 as well because we'd have gotten so many for our Europa League final run.

FWLkcMe.jpg

Must be nice to be able to make a full squad.

We've had 7 different players with Special cards throughout FUT. 3 are Strikers, then a back 4.

Steve Morison, Aiden O'Brien, Darius Henderson, Murray Wallace, Byron Webster, Danny Shittu and Shaun Cummings.
  • Hicksy2011
    All Stanley aren’t we
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 15

FWLkcMe.jpg

Must be nice to be able to make a full squad.

We've had 7 different players with Special cards throughout FUT. 3 are Strikers, then a back 4.

Steve Morison, Aiden O'Brien, Darius Henderson, Murray Wallace, Byron Webster, Danny Shittu and Shaun Cummings.

We should've had a few more as well. I remember they did FA Cup MOTMs a few years ago after the round where we (as a Championship team) beat Premier League Hull with Bettinelli saving two pens and he didn't get one. Mitrovic should definitely be on more than one IF this season as well (and his one IF wasn't even for us, it was for Serbia). Can't complain on the whole though. We've got that XI and then this as well. Most of them were FIFA 12 which was our last good season in the Prem.

I remember that IF Stockdale being like 100k as well because that was when you could actually use Silver cards.

p4mtN92.jpg
  • Hicksy2011
    Im still furious Amal Naismith got 2 goals 2 assists in a 6-1 win to win the title on the final day and he didn’t get anything
    He also got like 11 goals 13 assists in half a season and got nothing, outrageous
  • wheelerdeeler
    Sessegnon should've had one of those flash forward cards as well.
  • wheelerdeeler
    How is there only 4 minutes of injury time in this QPR game? Said it on here before, one of my main petty hates is when the officials just pluck a random number out. Pretty sure Smith and Britos were down for at least 5, and then Gomes was down as well.
  • NornIron
    11105 posts Has That Special Something
    Only back in but I hear Paul Smyth is playing well.
  • Karlos
    24272 posts Club Captain
    NornIron wrote: »
    Only back in but I hear Paul Smyth is playing well.

Just turned it on, looks a player.
  • ryan217
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have I just gone on the web app for the first time since October purely to buy that special Murray Wallace card? Yes, yes I have. Purely on the basis I'm hoping they bring generations back in future and I've always managed to get every single Millwall special card in past editions.

I did the same thing last week for IF Reid, I still live in hope that my time playing FUT wasn't completely wasted
  • Dizzy Bala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    Between removing Tournaments and the League SBCs, they killed the bronze/silver scene in FUT.

I don't see the point in upgrading Abraham and Mount to 75 rated golds. You go from a great silver card to a rubbish gold card.

I do hope they do something to bring it back in a future FIFA.
  • iHilarious
    13057 posts Has That Special Something
    Between removing Tournaments and the League SBCs, they killed the bronze/silver scene in FUT.

I don't see the point in upgrading Abraham and Mount to 75 rated golds. You go from a great silver card to a rubbish gold card.

There is legit no point to bronzes and silvers any more and I doubt there will be.

Don’t think we’ve had a bronze IF since FIFA 17 :cry:
  • They Caged Non
    4353 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »

There is legit no point to bronzes and silvers any more and I doubt there will be.

Don’t think we’ve had a bronze IF since FIFA 17 :cry:

There is no point to buying the POS game full stop, arguably the worst thing you could wax 50 quid on after a bag of gear.

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Enjoy the odd blast on normal (non FUT) seasons but FUT is dead to me. Was bored a few weeks ago and opened some packs with coins. Got Cruyff and didn’t even crack a smile haha. Think that’s when you know you’re done with it :joy:
  • Alastair
    10018 posts Moderator
    Ashton Away today. First of two massive six pointers. Get the win and they’re as good as down. Beat FCUM in two weeks time and that’s all three relegation spots sown up by 2nd March and we can focus on the playoffs.
  • iHilarious
    13057 posts Has That Special Something
  • Hicksy2011
    Got an average height of our two strikers of 6ft5 today, cant wait
  • Hicksy2011
    Minutes applause for Gordon Banks but no mention of Mick Kennedy who actually was a club legend for us and also died this week, I really don’t understand
    Like he was so loved here the fans have voluntarily paid for his funeral but no it’s applause for a guy who never played for either team
  • Lard_Lad
    12608 posts Has That Special Something
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    going to Bramall Lane to watch Norwood tomorrow imo @Lard_Lad

He’s a dream to watch.