• dannyboy
    12639 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    That’s a penalty too
    Have these teams been paid off to lose this game or something

Game's gone to the dogs
  • wheelerdeeler
    4732 posts National Call-Up
    The linesman who's doing the half that Derby are attacking in this half has had a mare.
  • Hicksy2011
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    Have they picked random blokes off the street to officiate this game
  • Ahmer50x
    10396 posts Has That Special Something
    Bielsa admitted it and says he does it all the time:

"It's true there was someone from Leeds United. The responsible of this incident is me. It doesn't matter if this is illegal or legal but it is right or wrong.

For me it's enough that Frank Lampard and Derby County felt it was not the right thing to do and that I didn't behave well. I talked to Lampard and he told me that I didn't respect the fair play rules. I have a different point of view on it but the important thing is what Lampard and Derby think.

I am the only one responsible for it because I didn't ask the club Leeds permission to do that. Without trying to find a justification, I have been using this kind of practice since the qualifications for the World Cup with Argentina. This is not illegal, we have been doing it publicly, we talk about it in the press, for some people it is the wrong thing to do but for other people it is not the wrong thing to do."
  • Dizzy Bala
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    Anyways, regarding Karanka's sacking. Not really surprised, been coming for a few weeks. The papers said it was from Boxing Day (Norwich game) but there was issues right at the start of December. Seems to revolve around targets not being met and also, how many players we would need to complete the job in January. Marinakis set the target of us being in top six on Jan 1st and thought we needed 1-2 players to get promoted. Karanka thought we needed another season and/or 4-5 signings to put us in the playoffs.

Slavisa seems to be the front-runner for the job and I think there is definitely potential for him to come in and do a good job. He rejected the Stoke job the other week as he didn't think it was right for him, perhaps Forest might be?
  • GoodnightIrene
    2982 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lampard won't get sacked unless they do something rogue like going the next two months without a win or something.

He'll get until this time next year at least imo.
  • wheelerdeeler
    4732 posts National Call-Up
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Anyways, regarding Karanka's sacking. Not really surprised, been coming for a few weeks. The papers said it was from Boxing Day (Norwich game) but there was issues right at the start of December. Seems to revolve around targets not being met and also, how many players we would need to complete the job in January. Marinakis set the target of us being in top six on Jan 1st and thought we needed 1-2 players to get promoted. Karanka thought we needed another season and/or 4-5 signings to put us in the playoffs.

Slavisa seems to be the front-runner for the job and I think there is definitely potential for him to come in and do a good job. He rejected the Stoke job the other week as he didn't think it was right for him, perhaps Forest might be?

Hope he does well for you if you do get him. Just make sure you get Stuart Gray as well, because it's not pretty defending without him.

Saw something about him not taking the Stoke job because we're still paying him until the summer as well, so if you want to help fund our raid of Chelsea's reserves go for it.
  • Farlz
    7628 posts League Winner
    Is this Leeds thing cheating I’m not sure
  • james2060
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    Farlz wrote: »
    Is this Leeds thing cheating I’m not sure

Lampard called it best with 'unethical'.
  • Karlos
    23296 posts Club Captain
    Wonder how many times he’s done it this season ?

Lampard said there was someone watching in the week before Leeds beat them 4-1.
  • Lard_Lad
    12283 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m not sure spying made Derby play ****. They were awful last night and I’m the 4-1 defeat.
  • They Caged Non
    4002 posts National Call-Up
    How much are you exactly gaining from watching a training session, how much different are they going to be doing from the last live game, we have been doing the same **** for 6 years
  • AaronMFC
    1200 posts Professional
    Yeah dont see the big deal tbh how much can you pick up that isnt already known set piece routines, potential injuries surely thats about it. Since its not against any rule as well dont even know why its a discussion.
  • Alastair
    9016 posts Moderator

They don't actually say they won't do it again. :trollface:
  • james2060
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    They've been doing it all season, why stop now
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    3706 posts National Call-Up
    Think it has been blown massively out of proportion just because it's Leeds. I'm sure they aren't the only club that do it, and honestly how much are they really going to take away from a training session? Derby were poor, Leeds fully deserved the win.

Anyway, we're on TV later on, which will provide good viewing for all I'd imagine. Beautiful free-flowing football with plenty of goals I expect.
  • Ahmer50x
    10396 posts Has That Special Something
    Tbh I don’t think they should be sanctioned this time since it evidently isn’t explicitly in the rules but I’d like to see it added so that future offences can be considered cheating and met with small point deductions.
  • Hicksy2011
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    Stressful day today
    Blackpool at home not the easiest game, boys have got to turn up to win this one
    But also luton Sunderland as well, reckon if that’s a draw and we win today our chances of winning the title go from about 35% to 55% it’s that significant today
  • Farlz
    7628 posts League Winner
    We really need to win today at Wigan, got a couple nice fixtures with Hull, Ipswich and Reading after this. Have to get minimum of 9 points from 12 if we want to do anything with this season.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3211 posts National Call-Up
    Wigan is a must win. They have been so poor in recent games.

Anything less than three points and its another season in the Championship, simple as.
  • iHilarious
    12761 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Stressful day today
    Blackpool at home not the easiest game, boys have got to turn up to win this one
    But also luton Sunderland as well, reckon if that’s a draw and we win today our chances of winning the title go from about 35% to 55% it’s that significant today

Mags saving you
  • Farlz
    7628 posts League Winner
    i think we're just not very good
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Surprising Villa aren't top of the league given just how good Jack Grealish is.
  • Retro1989
    3856 posts National Call-Up
    Our players already given up. Think there's going to be another club clearout this month.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Hull are going up.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Bolton, Reading and Ipswich all winning. Brilliant. We have to win today, got to keep ourselves away from that relegation zone.
  • Farlz
    7628 posts League Winner
    Surprising Villa aren't top of the league given just how good Jack Grealish is.
    Grealish being injured has resulted in our terrible form..

• Farlz
    7628 posts League Winner
    Conor Hourihane is 100% the biggest fraud in the Championship