The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Karlos
    24225 posts Club Captain
    giphy.gif

It's going to be a long season...
  • wheelerdeeler
    5867 posts Big Money Move
    Thought the Centre-Back was a Striker through on goal for the first few seconds.
  • Karlos
    24225 posts Club Captain
    giphy.gif

Great darting run from Dawson.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3630 posts National Call-Up
    Oh Albert Adomah <3
  • Lard_Lad
    12558 posts Has That Special Something
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Mousset passed his medical, wilder said last night Henderson nearly done and expects another 4 in after that and we’ll also break our transfer record twice again. I imagine Mousset being the first then McBurnie the second. Shaping up to be a decent transfer window.

I can't understand how Mousset is worth 10m though, this guy has 55 appearances and 3 goals in the Premierleague. McBurnie I could understand but that seems like a random signing.

I believe it’s five plus add ins taking it to 10. His stats don’t look great but you’ve got to remember most of his appearances are 10 min spells of the bench. Bournemouth wen got a hell of a lot of effort to get him their beating of Spurs and other clubs and if you look at his Stats at U23s and Le Harve they’re pretty decent. Still only 23 if Wilder can work his magic it could be an excellent signing. It could also turn out to be a big waste of money.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 20
    It's funny how Pre-Season results suddenly start mattering when you win isn't it...
  • AaronMFC
    1485 posts Play-Off Hero
    lost 5-1 to heidenheim we were 1-0 up after 63 minutes not exactly great preperation for the season ahead.
  • JamieC
    793 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 20
    Someone: You can't sum up your Preseason in one tweet.

Me:

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
  • They Caged Non
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    lost 5-1 to heidenheim we were 1-0 up after 63 minutes not exactly great preperation for the season ahead.

Sounds like we need to take a look at their wingers after reading the match report.

I think it’s unfair of us to get properly concerned as I don’t believe Gestede will be anywhere near the team come the season but it is a bit of an eye opener to our weaknesses. Seems like Claytons role in CDM could be more important than ever.

• Lard_Lad
    No longer the Brexit team we once were :'(

Bonjour Mousset, Mange Tout, mange tout
  • iHilarious
    13041 posts Has That Special Something
    With Wilder you’ll always be considered a Brexit team in my eyes
  • Karlos
    24225 posts Club Captain
  • wheelerdeeler
    Will be very us for this to somehow fall through now.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Very happy with that. If we get a Centre-Back in this week then things will be looking very good.
  • Lard_Lad
    Fulham still looking like the best bet across all 4 leagues to win the league. That along with Mitro top scorer.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Fulham still looking like the best bet across all 4 leagues to win the league. That along with Mitro top scorer.

They were being equally hyped up last season.
  • WFCBagnall
    69096 posts Moderator
    edited July 21

The things he comes out with is brilliant :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 21

Said it before, think we could end up as the sort of West Brom of next season as just flat-track bullies. Personally think Cardiff, West Brom and Leeds are all likely to finish above us, just because they've got better managers.

Plus we still need a Centre-Back and maybe a Right-Back. We can't beat teams 5-4 every week.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 21
    Alastair wrote: »

That's one thing I'd disagree with in the sense that it's like last summer. We're signing proven Championship players like Knockaert and Cavaleiro on top of keeping players like Cairney and Mitrovic. Last summer the only players we signed with Prem experience were Schurrle, Mitrovic and Fosu-Mensah.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator

That's one thing I'd disagree with in the sense that it's like last summer. We're signing proven Championship players like Knockaert and Cavaleiro on top of keeping players like Cairney and Mitrovic. Last summer the only players we signed with Prem experience were Schurrle, Mitrovic and Fosu-Mensah.

Yeah, guess that’s true.

Last year I personally thought you’d be top 10 for certain.

What’s the latest with Sess btw?
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 21

Yeah, guess that’s true.

Last year I personally thought you’d be top 10 for certain.

What’s the latest with Sess btw?

I was always a bit wary of last summer because of Everton "winning the transfer window" and then Koeman was sacked by October the season before. Think I said as much on here.

All but gone. We've effectively paid for Knockaert (10m) and Cavaleiro (12m) with the Sessegnon money (25m) if the reported transfer fees for all three are true of course.

Would expect things to speed up with Sessegnon now we've got the two wingers in, and he's probably due back in for Pre-Season tomorrow given England went out of the U21 Euros about a month ago.

Although I saw a thing that said we were asking for Wanyama as part of the Sessegnon deal, which would be mental. We've got his replacement(s) in so I'd expect him to be gone by this time next week.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Only 25m for Sess? I’d have though you might get 40-50.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Only 25m for Sess? I’d have though you might get 40-50.

Last year of his contract and he’s made it very clear that he’s not going to sign a new one. Plus he didn’t exactly rip the Prem up last season. Better 25m than 500k like we ended up with for French Dembele.

I’m pretty happy with it under the circumstances as we’ve already signed his replacement(s).
  • strings79
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    Phil Billing off to Bournemouth by the looks of it £17 million snap their hands off lads got loads of talent but an awful attitude.
  • Ahmer50x
    16329 posts World Class
    strings79 wrote: »
    Phil Billing off to Bournemouth by the looks of it £17 million snap their hands off lads got loads of talent but an awful attitude.

Yet another for Eddie Howe’s home for British youth who didn’t live up to their potential
  • Handy Andy
    5703 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Yet another for Eddie Howe’s home for British youth who didn’t live up to their potential

He’s Danish
  • Ahmer50x
    16329 posts World Class
    Handy Andy wrote: »

He’s Danish

Oops :lol:

I just heard Phil Billing and it sounded very British :joy:
  • strings79
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    Handy Andy wrote: »

He’s Danish

Oops :lol:

I just heard Phil Billing and it sounded very British :joy:

counts as homegrown as hes been with us since he was 15 probably why the price is so high