Comments

• NornIron
    11023 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 11
    Only getting beat 6-0 by Malmö 30mins to go keep it tight boys

7-0 all hope is gone.
  • They Caged Non
    4230 posts National Call-Up
    Our transfer talk is unreal this summer.

At least we have Sunday to look forward to where we can forget Football exists for a day.
  • wheelerdeeler
    5704 posts Big Money Move
    It's become pretty clear on our end that we're waiting for Seri and/or Sessegnon to be sold before making any significant signings (or just any signings). Hope now Ivory Coast are out of AFCON and Tielemans has been sold Seri can get his move to Monaco.

We're barely even getting linked with players at the moment. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing given the team we already have at the club and the summer we had last year where we were genuinely just linked with everyone.
  • AaronMFC
    1413 posts Professional

At least we have Sunday to look forward to where we can forget Football exists for a day.

Iv been forgetting all summer whenever i look there are no transfer rumours.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 12
    Cavaleiro having a medical for a loan with an option to buy. Would assume it’s a pretty hefty loan fee like Leeds paid for Helder Costa- but that’s a quality signing.

Knockaert’s been mentioned as well today. Now that would be a top drawer front three.
  • Lard_Lad
    12504 posts Has That Special Something
    So looks like we’re signing callum Robinson, very happy with that, looked a good player and 13 goals as a winger with an injury ain’t bad. Apparently having problems with Maupay as his agent is demanding 800k and we won’t pay it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Couldn't get Wycombe in the first round of the League Cup so we got them in the JPT instead.
  • BRISTOL86
    8923 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    So looks like we’re signing callum Robinson, very happy with that, looked a good player and 13 goals as a winger with an injury ain’t bad. Apparently having problems with Maupay as his agent is demanding 800k and we won’t pay it.

What with him and Freeman you’re well on your way to building a decent championship team.
  • Lard_Lad
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

What with him and Freeman you’re well on your way to building a decent championship team.

Kind of like what people said when we made signings in chanpionship, but that we were building a decent league one side.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Linked with Besic now. Seem to remember someone slagging him off on here last season, but in theory he'd be a good signing for us because he'd offer us something different.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Iv been forgetting all summer whenever i look there are no transfer rumours.

I dont think we will be signing anyone tbh, no money to pay cleaners on 18k a year or whatever we certainly cant pay that a week. hopefully this new philosophy woodgate is putting in will be fruitful, early signs are not that great though, back to long ball at Gateshead.
    Linked with Besic now. Seem to remember someone slagging him off on here last season, but in theory he'd be a good signing for us because he'd offer us something different.

He was rank for us last season, was mint the half season before.
  • They Caged Non
    Karlos wrote: »

Need nailing that pair of cranks for doing that.
  • chaser2k15
    13199 posts Has That Special Something
    Did Accrington beat Marseille?
  • BRISTOL86
    8923 posts League Winner

Kind of like what people said when we made signings in chanpionship, but that we were building a decent league one side.

I jest, IMO it’s a much better approach than Fulham/Villa chucking hundreds of millions around on a whole new team.

Interested to see how Robinson does, he was woeful on loan here under Cotterill but then so were most of our players at that time. I’m just looking forward to him not scoring against us.
  • Karlos
    24118 posts Club Captain
    chaser2k15 wrote: »
    Did Accrington beat Marseille?

2-1.
  • Karlos
    24118 posts Club Captain
    Large

Shame we're going bust, was looking forward to playing you @Farlz
  • Lard_Lad

I jest, IMO it’s a much better approach than Fulham/Villa chucking hundreds of millions around on a whole new team.

Interested to see how Robinson does, he was woeful on loan here under Cotterill but then so were most of our players at that time. I’m just looking forward to him not scoring against us.

Yeah I know. At the end of the day Wilders not gonna spend a **** ton and risk the club and he’s proven he can do miracles with very little resources.

Another positive is if it pays off players like Robinson could be worth a hell of a lot more.
  • Lard_Lad
    Really happy with Robinson think he’s a very good player, scored 13 in 27 and had he not been injured he could have had a lot more and be costing a lot. Pretty low risk investment and a good age.
  • WFCBagnall
    68625 posts Moderator
    I think we're a striker and a winger away from being sorted this summer.

The first few signings I wasn't too convinced by, but I'm alot more optimistic now.

Cant wait for the season now :)
  • Karlos
    24118 posts Club Captain
    Meanwhile, our floodlights have been repossessed :smile:
  • wheelerdeeler
    Lost 1-0 to Burnley tonight. Cyrus Christie came on in the 63rd minute and he gave away a pen in the 70th. We're probably getting battered by Porto on Tuesday if they take the game even semi-seriously and then we've got Brighton, Oxford and West Ham back in England.
  • BRISTOL86
    8923 posts League Winner
    Taking on PCDC in Florida tomorrow. As you do.
  • Karlos
    24118 posts Club Captain
    Can’t wait to see our team sheet today.
  • They Caged Non

We are taking on Hartlepool in Teesside, which is basically the same.
  • BRISTOL86
    8923 posts League Winner

We are taking on Hartlepool in Teesside, which is basically the same.

Haha. At least you’re not playing a team from your own division. Why go all the way to Florida to play **** Derby
  • Hicksy2011
    12331 posts Has That Special Something
    Leeds Wigan Boro Millwall Cardiff and West Brom all over Jamal Lowe who got named in our team for the friendly today and then didn’t turn up
    Fml
  • Hicksy2011
    12331 posts Has That Special Something
    Wigan really are an odd bunch
    Every time we sell/have a player linked with another club our feed gets filled with ‘#Pompey fans is X any good?’ or some normal reaction like that
    Any time Wigan get involved though, our feed becomes ‘HAHAHAHA NO WONDER HE IS LEAVING A TRASH CLUB LIKE #POMPEY HAHAHA YOUR FANS ARE RUBBISH I HOPE YOUR GROUND FALLS DOWN’
    Very very odd
  • WFCBagnall
    68625 posts Moderator
    Rory Holden is on trial @BRISTOL86 and he's been awful in the first half. :D