Forum Fantasy Premier League 2017/18

Chow
2525 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 2018
FmxfMqn.png
q6bWHLU.png

Fantasy Premier League is back! The official FIFA Forum League will utilise the classic format, but H2H and Draft are options you should definitely explore. I'm sure most of you know how this works by now, but if not there's a FAQ below as well as a link to the full list of rules. Unlike last season, there are a couple of changes so I recommend that you go over the fine print, particularly if you're new to FPL. Best of luck!

How can I join the (private) league?

First of all you must have entered a team in the game. Once you have a team, make sure that you have the correct league code (8547-3405) and that you are entering for the correct format (classic).

How can I score points?
During the season, your fantasy football players will be allocated points based on their performance in the Premier League only.

ygUZpk0.png

Please refer to the official scoring section (via rules) for specifics on assists, rebounds and bonus points.

What are chips?
Chips can be used to potentially enhance your team's performance during the season. Only one chip can be played in a single Gameweek.

This year, All Out Attack has been replaced by a new chip called Free Hit. A Free Hit can be taken once per season and allows for unlimited transfers in a single Gameweek. Managers can replace their entire squad for that Gameweek but their 15-man squad of the Gameweek before returns for the next deadline. For example, if the Free Hit chip is played leading up to Gameweek 2, once the deadline has passed, you will see the points scored by your new squad via the points tab.

The full list of chips can be found below:

TDTiWlF.png

The Bench Boost. Free Hit and Triple Captain chips can each be used once a season and are played when saving your team on the my team page. They can be cancelled at anytime before the Gameweek deadline.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season. The first wilcard will be available from the start of the season until 30 Dec 14:00. The second wildcard will be available after this date in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season. The Wildcard chip is played when confirming transfers that cost points and can't be cancelled once played.

Where can I find a list of all the rules?
You can find the list of all the rules here.

Acknowledgments and history!
Over the years @Sokker14 and @Kaede have also hosted the thread/competition. You can view the 2016/17 thread here and the 2015/16 thread here. As for the 2014/15 thread, RIP.
Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• Chow
    Please note that if you are unable to login using your account from last season, it may be due to the "incorrect password bug". Reset your password in order to fix this (it can actually be the same password).
  • Retro_G
    29174 posts Player of the Year
    Think I'll have a go at this, should be good.
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just made a quick team and will look a little more later.

Foster
    Lindelof - Cedric - Tomkins
    Alli - Coutinho - Tadic - Knockaert
    Lukaku - Lacazette - Jesus

Myhill - T.Carroll - Yedlin - 4.0

Hard to pick the setup for strikers this year, tempted to go 3 'big hitters' from the go however going with somebody <7.5 gives a pretty decent amount to add into midfield and defence.
  • EA_Andy
    3265 posts EA Community Manager
    I hope you don't mind me winning this ;)
  • milan_7
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    First draft

Begovic
    Clyne-Bertrand-Van Aanholt
    Zaha-De Bruyne-Silva-Eriksen
    Gabbiadini-Kane-Rondon

Ryan, Mooy, Simpson, Rangel

Spreading the love a bit more this year, everyone besides probably Angel Rangel is a starter. Gabbiadini was incredible before he got injured last year. Rondon pretty cheap at 6.5m, West Brom have a pretty good run first 6 games. Will undoubtedly change it 1000 times before the season starts. Kane tends to start slow so a bit worried about that plus that 12.5m price tag but couldn't not have him in there.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Will join later. :+1:
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    edited July 2017
    Courtois
    Bailly-Shaw-Lindelof-Keane
    Zaha-Alli-Coutinho-Ox
    Kane-Benteke

Foster
    Gayle
    Lotfus
    Mawson

Thoughts?
  • Sellish
    9180 posts League Winner
    Will @Ahmer50x perform with awards yet again?
  • Ahmer50x
    18158 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »

Mate, I do that stuff for the RF League, not the whole forum :lol:

That said, will be revamping and relaunching that initiative this year after last year's rocky beta.
  • Sellish
    9180 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »

Mate, I do that stuff for the RF League, not the whole forum :lol:

That said, will be revamping and relaunching that initiative this year after last year's rocky beta.

Just hook me up in that league then matey! :D
  • MyAccount
    1383 posts Professional
    0f4fc4c7ffcf9c4f98ab2c8dadde678c.png

Bench is Elliot, Hunemeier, Romeu, Rangel.

Pretty happy with the team and don't see it changing much. Obvious weakness is McArthur, but I think the rest of the midfield/attack makes up for it, and I'll have a handful of 4.5/4.0 guys to pick 1 from each week, so hopefully one will have a favorable match.
  • ICUP
    4136 posts National Call-Up
    So hard to pick players when they are so damn overpriced.
  • Ashy
    9732 posts League Winner
    edited July 2017
    Forster
    Cedric - Bertrand - Yedlin
    Sane - De Bruyne - Ozil - Herrera
    King - Lacazette- Jesus

My current starting eleven, Southampton should have a good start looking at their fixtures so I'm hoping for clean sheets, assists from the full backs. Newcastle also have a decent start apart from Spurs, can see Yedlin getting clean sheets/assists plus he is 4.5.

Herrera 5.5, hopefully he isn't too defensive in the Man Utd setup and can get some assists, good starting fixtures for Utd, think Ozil and Lacazette will combine well plus good fixtures. King to continue is form from last season and a cheap 7.5 striker. Finally 3 City players that will cause havoc, think City will get off to a flying start like last season.

Might replace King with Gayle or Rashford though
  • Layton8212
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    MyAccount wrote: »

Pretty happy with the team and don't see it changing much. Obvious weakness is McArthur, but I think the rest of the midfield/attack makes up for it, and I'll have a handful of 4.5/4.0 guys to pick 1 from each week, so hopefully one will have a favorable match.

2 spurs attacking players and no chelsea, man city or uniyed players in attack. You cant see spurs finishing above them three can you?
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    Layton8212 wrote: »
    MyAccount wrote: »

2 spurs attacking players and no chelsea, man city or uniyed players in attack. You cant see spurs finishing above them three can you?

Chelsea don't even have a striker, and Lukaku and Hazard are very inconsistent.
    Jesus would be worth a shout, but if Gayle plays like he did last season, he's better value for money. You can't have the attacking trio of Kane, Laca and Jesus without taking away from your midfield or defence.

And I honestly wouldn't recommend any Utd players, at least initially. Once we start converting the five-dozen chances we create, then you can put some Utd attackers in. Until then, I'd stick with De Gea and the defence, namely Bailly and Lindelof.
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who do you guys think the best Huddersfield option is? Kachunga was top scorer last season, Ince has scored 3 in 3 pre season and Mooy is 0.5 cheaper
  • Chow
    Pre-season Draft

WKRFHOv.png

I've tinkered with the team over the past week and this is what I have so far. Potential weaknesses:
    • My bench is a little lacklustre, particularly if RLC doesn't start (Suttner is a punt due to his set piece potential and I expect Hughton's Brighton to graft out a few clean sheets).
    • No Chelsea players.
    • No money ITB for emergency upgrades after the first gameweek.

Who do you guys think the best Huddersfield option is? Kachunga was top scorer last season, Ince has scored 3 in 3 pre season and Mooy is 0.5 cheaper
    Personally I'd avoid any and all Huddersfield players until they prove that they can compete at this level - they look like this year's whipping boys. If I had to pick one, I'd say Mooy since he's on set piece duty.
  • Cory
    Suttner could have an even better set piece potential if Knockaerts injury keeps him out for a while. Just depends how much Groß would also take.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero

I wouldn't select any of their attacking players, they are surely going to park the bus worse than what Boro tried to do last season.
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks for the responses, what are we thinking about 4.0M Brighton defenders Goldson and Hunemeier? Also how do you think Abraham and Pogba will do this season?
  • Cory
    Thanks for the responses, what are we thinking about 4.0M Brighton defenders Goldson and Hunemeier? Also how do you think Abraham and Pogba will do this season?
    Seen some stuff about Rosenior, Bruno their RB is 37 so he may fill in from time to time.
  • Kellnerr
    2579 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chow wrote: »
    Pre-season Draft

Really like that team, pretty similar to mine too. Not a big fan of having 2 subs that don't play though. I currently have Suttner and Ramsey too, think they can turn out to score very well. Also have the problem of not having at least 0.5 itb for early changes. Having an eye on Jay Rod too, if he is nailed as striker I could always bring him in for Gayle and save the 0.5.
    As for Loftus Cheek I thought about not getting him, because if he fails to deliver or does not even play in the first few gameweeks I can see people panic selling him and his price falling.
  • Cory
    T.Carroll could be a decent playing 4.5 for the bench.
  • JS97
    661 posts Sunday League Hero
    Foster
    Lindelof - Trippier - Cedric
    Willian - Lallana - De Bruyne - Alli
    Lacazette - Lukaku - Gayle

Elliot - Loftus-Cheek - Francis - Rangel

Thoughts on this first draft? Can't decide between Fabregas and Willian!
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    JS97 wrote: »
    Foster

Nice to see I'm not the only one with De Bruyne! Expensive but if City have a great season I'm sure it'll be because of him.

Fabregas and Willian are difficult because of how much game time they'll get, might be worth waiting a gameweek or two.
  • finsfan85
    12405 posts Has That Special Something
    JS97 wrote: »
    Foster

There have been reports that Conte wants to play Fabregas more regularly this season but I'm sure we will still see our fair share of Bakayoko Kante partnerships. Willian will be a sure starter early in the season as Hazard is still returning to fitness from his ankle surgery.
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    edited July 2017
    Courtois
    Zaha-Alli-Coutinho-Ox
    Kane-Benteke

Foster
    Gayle
    Lotfus
    Mawson

Thoughts?

My team has drastically changed since I posted this, and might see more alterations should Chicharito sign.

De Gea
    Lindelof-Keane-Bailly
    Ox-Alli-Pedro-Shaqiri
    Benteke-Kane-Gayle

Forster
    Tadic
    Mertesacker
    Mee

Thoughts?
  • Ashy
    9732 posts League Winner
    Courtois
    Zaha-Alli-Coutinho-Ox
    Kane-Benteke

Foster
    Gayle
    Lotfus
    Mawson

Thoughts?

My team has drastically changed since I posted this, and might see more alterations should Chicharito sign.

De Gea
    Lindelof-Keane-Bailly
    Ox-Alli-Pedro-Shaqiri
    Benteke-Kane-Gayle

Forster
    Tadic
    Mertesacker
    Mee

Thoughts?

Relying a lot on the Man Utd defence but they have good starting fixtures so should be fine. Keane is a waste imo, Everton won't keep many clean sheets with their start.

Alli is good, Pedro should do well I expect him to start, Chamberlain probably doesn't start in the best eleven Arsenal team so might be a waste. Stoke have a tough start but Shaqiri may still do damage its risky though.

Front 3 looks good, only questions are will Kane start off well since he usually doesn't, can Gayle do consistently in the top flight.
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    How much we reckon Hernandez is going to cost, very tempted to bring him in as third striker. West Ham have been in desperate need of a consistently good front man for a while now.
  • Kellnerr
    2579 posts Fans' Favourite
    How much we reckon Hernandez is going to cost, very tempted to bring him in as third striker. West Ham have been in desperate need of a consistently good front man for a while now.

7.5 I guess