The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

TOTS upgrades for defenders worth it or not?

L0ngline
471 posts An Exciting Prospect
Sup everybody..

Do you guys really think, it's worth it getting a card like tots Glik over the likes of Varane or Smalldini?
I really don't think u'll notice the difference other than on an odd occasion in a tackle..
And cards like TOTS Fernando turned out to be a WORSE version of NIF Kanté..

Your thoughts?

Comments

• ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2017
    Not worth for most of them.Especially if its Smalling..
  • Cornushon
    4792 posts National Call-Up
    Well I disagree, tots Alderweiteld and Vertonghen are so.much better in AI defending then Smalling.. you can just put controller down and enjoy, Smaldini tend to do more mistakes. David Luiz is utter garbage on the other hand (i.gues his WR or composure let down)... Without him I got much less goals conceded...
  • Gromit
    4088 posts National Call-Up
    Using Luiz Glik and Perrin

For me they're a massive upgrade from any high rated Nif I've used like Boateng Pepe Hummels Chiellini Barzagli Bonucci.

It's the high aggression with high tackling and interceptions etc. With chem styles most of those stats max out at 99. They feel like the most solid defence I've used all year, as they should. Just wish Luiz wasn't high attack.
  • tatadwader
    2423 posts Fans' Favourite
    I use tots marq, nacho, chielleini.

chielleini is an absolute beast.

the other 2 are ok.

I would probably still be using smalling if I didn't win the other 2.

Who cares about d anyways, just spend the coins where it counds in the midfield.

Right now I also use if gonalons with anchor at rcb in my 3412 and he's an absolute stud. he can be had for like 13k.

I really don't think d matters with the chem cards maxing everything out anyways.
  • Tornado31619
    20197 posts Club Captain
    Keane's quite good.
  • Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    tatadwader wrote: »
    I use tots marq, nacho, chielleini.

I really don't think d matters with the chem cards maxing everything out anyways.

Yeah, every halfway decent CB has maxed defending stats with a shadow. Where the upgrades become sort of useful is when their strength becomes high enough where you can go with shadow instead of anchor. TOTS Hummels is a good example. You don't need the extra strength from anchor, so you can maximize his pace with hunter / shadow / catalyst.
  • Iks
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Well I disagree, tots Alderweiteld and Vertonghen are so.much better in AI defending then Smalling.. you can just put controller down and enjoy, Smaldini tend to do more mistakes. David Luiz is utter garbage on the other hand (i.gues his WR or composure let down)... Without him I got much less goals conceded...

Tots David Luiz is the best defender I have ever used he is a monster !
  • LiamSully
    6853 posts Big Money Move
    Keane and Glik are both great and well worth double their prices

Only reason they're not more is that there's other more famous players with better links