5% tax has to go

Comments

• ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    lucas wrote: »
    When they remove the 5% tax the whole game would be fluded with coins and we get a 15 ish market, basic economics

Lol people would be merching players to complete their SBC's
  • Fab
    19472 posts World Class
    edited July 2017
    Do you have any more stupid ideas to share with the forum? I am intrigued to know what else goes on in your brain.
  • Sercs
    19180 posts World Class
    Controls inflation, if they removed it, the market would be ruined
  • JohnDoe
    11835 posts Has That Special Something
    Sercs wrote: »

Taxes control inflation? Haha, what?
  • JohnDoe
    11835 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2017
    lucas wrote: »
    When they remove the 5% tax the whole game would be fluded with coins and we get a 15 ish market, basic economics

Undestanding why there isn't a direct correlation between taxes and inflation is not basic economics.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Keeps the total amount of coins down. I'd argue to even make it higher.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Keeps the total amount of coins down. I'd argue to even make it higher.

NBA 2k has a 10% tax. I prefer fut's 5%. I think at some point the tax becomes so onerous that there's an incentive to not sell your cards after you buy them. It's someone I've noticed in 2k--for the relatively size of its player base, there's few cards on the market. Changing your team whenever you want, with limited penalties, has always been a staple of FUT and there's some number quickly above 5% where that phenomenon would go away.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3895 posts National Call-Up
    I believe the tax is what is called a gold sink in economy.
  • Zenitsuperstar
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    The only people who he tax affects are the ones who chop and change their team all the time, and that's usually done by those who like to blame their players for their defeats.

Personally I'd increase tax on players with no loyalty to stop price fixing and bots buying and selling. And stop people owning more than say 5 of the same player at anytime
  • andreens
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2017

JohnDoe wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »

Taxes control inflation? Haha, what?

Exactly!Taxes has no definitive connection with inflation.taxes does not control the inflation. It simply affects the inflation, which maybe both positive and negative.
  • SuperRob
    1643 posts Play-Off Hero
    The tax has worked fine since ultimate team began. Taking it away would destroy the market. If you dont want to lose so much tax by changing teams then you will need to spend a bit of effort buying these players below market value. If you dont want to do this you will need to pay a premium for the players.