is giovinco 85 a big downgrade from the sbc?

dan_roma
487 posts An Exciting Prospect
I was wondering if IF Giovinco is a lot weaker compared to the 86 sbc version. Would the difference be quite noticeable?
I am tempted to use the 86 for the Totti SBC... not sure I can use my sbc giovinco. I have had him for so many games. Love that card...
Thank you guys

Comments

• Hobbstar148
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    dont trade in 86 giovinco, better off doing dawry jameel sbc
  • dan_roma
    edited July 2017
    dont trade in 86 giovinco, better off doing dawry jameel sbc

yeah, I really dont want to trade giovinco in. I was thinking of doing Jonas. I have 10/18 already completed. According to futbin it should cost around 80k for the remaining teams minus 30k and packs. I think it is very fair and doable.
  • Hobbstar148
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fair deal. Don't trade in a card that has all your history and stats on it. I have done it before. Cried inside my soul
  • dan_roma
    Fair deal. Don't trade in a card that has all your history and stats on it. I have done it before. Cried inside my soul

Thanks @Hobbstar148 that's good advice. I appreciate it. I will hold on to giovinco ;)
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    I traded him in and I almost cried tbh.. But thinking that MLS All Star team will be released in a few weeks helped me get over that. You just have to love Francesco.
  • Amargaladaster26
    7222 posts Big Money Move
    Pretty much the same. Plus Giovinco will get better card in like 3 weeks
  • dan_roma
    @bberger @Amargaladaster26
    Thanks for the advice guys! :)
    I was thinking the same. He should be getting a totw soon enough. Anyhow, I managed to finish Jonas and used him and higuain. Couldn't trade in my giovinco.
    I feel a little bad about higuain, but figured soon enough I could either get an IF higuain, immobile or icardi card. To fill in that spot for my fitness team. Had to sell/trade in a few other players: 87 Villa, IF Tonelli and SIF brozovic, plus coins and investments i was saving. I just had to get that Totti. I first used the NIF for a while, and then was loving his hero card. Gonna finally get to try him today for a few games. He looks amazing! Yay :)
    What chem style would you guys recommend putting on him?? I was thinking maybe sniper or engine, as I heard people say his balance and agility is a bit low.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    When I did SBC Gio early in the game, it was like a god against boys everytime I used him. Cost me like 200k back when the MLS players were all pricefixed / extinct

Nowadays he just gets outclassed by superior SBC's (El Sha for example) ... and bullied by all these freakish fast TOTS monsters.

He's literally useless but I still enjoy having him - I don't mind sacrificing him for Totti SBC, it was fun while it lasted.

85 Gio is good enough as a super sub, stamina on the 86 SBC is still a bit sub par for a full 90 IMO
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is one team in Portugal which is obscenely expensive, sorry can't remember which one but the RM is extinct as is the RM the LM and CB go for 10k instantly most occasions so that one will be costly the rest are quite cheap.
  • ABettle9
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm planning to use mine, especially since I'm planning to pick up the MLS All Star Giovinco when he comes out.
  • dan_roma
    TubAShet wrote: »
    When I did SBC Gio early in the game, it was like a god against boys everytime I used him. Cost me like 200k back when the MLS players were all pricefixed / extinct

Nowadays he just gets outclassed by superior SBC's (El Sha for example) ... and bullied by all these freakish fast TOTS monsters.

He's literally useless but I still enjoy having him - I don't mind sacrificing him for Totti SBC, it was fun while it lasted.

85 Gio is good enough as a super sub, stamina on the 86 SBC is still a bit sub par for a full 90 IMO

Thank you! I still manage to enjoy and do okay with sbc giovinco. However, I do agree with you. He does have limitations, and so many other incredible cards are in the game now.

Considering my limited fifa coins budget, and emotional attachment to his card. I could not give him up.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    dan_roma wrote: »

Thank you! I still manage to enjoy and do okay with sbc giovinco. However, I do agree with you. He does have limitations, and so many other incredible cards are in the game now.

Considering my limited fifa coins budget, and emotional attachment to his card. I could not give him up.

Like someone said above - you probably won't be attached when a 91/92 Gio comes out for MLS All Stars that will cost sub 150-200k ... he is coming believe me, that will be a seriously usable fun card.
  • dan_roma
    Enigma8784 wrote: »
    There is one team in Portugal which is obscenely expensive, sorry can't remember which one but the RM is extinct as is the RM the LM and CB go for 10k instantly most occasions so that one will be costly the rest are quite cheap.

@Enigma8784 yes! Vitória Setúbal is the one. It was such a pain to do. I was only missing that and one other team. So I just had to spend the coins... Took a while waiting for cards to appear on market. Bought about 4 players for 10k. I spent close to 50k I think for that team alone. Glad I managed...
  • dan_roma

Like someone said above - you probably won't be attached when a 91/92 Gio comes out for MLS All Stars that will cost sub 150-200k ... he is coming believe me, that will be a seriously usable fun card.

OMG! 91/92 that sounds incredible... need to start saving my coins lol
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    @dan_roma yeah managed to put a gk in one position to save money but it cost me pretty much the whole 30k worth of coins you get for completing! That was a couple of weeks ago though so may be a bit more expensive now
  • SuperSonicSean
    5993 posts Big Money Move
    Don't sacrifice your Giovinco. They're bringing back some of the best SBC players (in particular the FUTMAS ones), so you'll be able to do those for much less and keep your Giovinco.

Gio is getting an All Star card pretty soon though.
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    Hes also gonna make totw this week
  • Gromit
    3452 posts National Call-Up

Dunno

He's nearly always on my bench and one of my go to game changer subs. He still seems to score at least half of those sub appearances.

I regret doing the SBC though cos to answer the OP. I used the 85 card for about 100 games and there's no big difference between either card.
  • dan_roma
    Don't sacrifice your Giovinco. They're bringing back some of the best SBC players (in particular the FUTMAS ones), so you'll be able to do those for much less and keep your Giovinco.

Gio is getting an All Star card pretty soon though.

I kept giovinco :)
    Traded higuain and jonas for totti
    Cant wait for a new giovinco card!
  • dan_roma
    Jwalls5096 wrote: »

@Jwalls5096 yeah, I think you are right. Would his second IF be 86 or 87 rated?
  • dan_roma
    Gromit wrote: »

Dunno

He's nearly always on my bench and one of my go to game changer subs. He still seems to score at least half of those sub appearances.

I regret doing the SBC though cos to answer the OP. I used the 85 card for about 100 games and there's no big difference between either card.

Thank you! Good to know
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    Jwalls5096 wrote: »

@Jwalls5096 yeah, I think you are right. Would his second IF be 86 or 87 rated?

I dont know how they do it tbh..