OT: Is NHL 2017 any good?

yerwaltz
4078 posts National Call-Up
Hey folks! Any hockey fans here that play or have played NHL 2017? Been thinking about picking it up on the cheap. Love hockey, always have, I played the series as a kid up til about 2006, and havent really played it much since, especially on the current gen. console.

If you have played it, what do you think ? How are the online modes? Anything similar to FUT or Pro modes? And is it worth the current price tag?

Give some pros and cons if you can! thanks

Comments

• Agent Murhawk
    9569 posts League Winner
    It's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ awesome, I love hitting people and fighting. Pro clubs with a couple a friends is really fun too.
  • yerwaltz
    It's **** awesome, I love hitting people and fighting. Pro clubs with a couple a friends is really fun too.

Nice man, how are the online servers etc? Is pro club like it is in FIFA, or is it more popular?
  • VICTAAAA
    11240 posts Has That Special Something
    i think 17 might be in the vault for download if you have EA Access
  • SummerOfGeorge
    3120 posts National Call-Up
    If you have EA access it's free already, if not a year worth of EA Access is probably about the same as the new game right now.

Servers are very dependent on where you are. USA is very populated and lots of people playing, at least the UT mode. As a European I get matched with mostly Eastern European players/scandinavians and it's often a lagfest
  • Agent Murhawk
    9569 posts League Winner
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    It's **** awesome, I love hitting people and fighting. Pro clubs with a couple a friends is really fun too.

Nice man, how are the online servers etc? Is pro club like it is in FIFA, or is it more popular?
    I've never had server problems, but again I don't play it nearly as much as I did with FUT17.

Pro clubs is a little different in that you don't improve your player, everyone has the same exact stats, but it's still hard to coordinate everything on the ice. I just love it for the chaos and funny ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that happens :lol:
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    NHL hasn't had a good game since it changed to current gen. NHL 14 is better than every installment since. The biggest balls up was when they changed the deke system.
  • yerwaltz
    @VICTAAAA @SummerOfGeorge
    Ahh good call on the EA access. Will look into this possibly!

I'm in the US so that would answer the servers question. Sorry you have to deal with lag like that :/@SummerOfGeorge how do you like the UT mode?
  • SummerOfGeorge
    3120 posts National Call-Up
    @VICTAAAA @SummerOfGeorge
    Ahh good call on the EA access. Will look into this possibly!

I'm in the US so that would answer the servers question. Sorry you have to deal with lag like that :/@SummerOfGeorge how do you like the UT mode?

It's very much like the FIFA UT mode, focused on the multiplayer with very little initiative to play single player. You can play draft for free which is nice
  • yerwaltz
    Couchy wrote: »
    NHL hasn't had a good game since it changed to current gen. NHL 14 is better than every installment since. The biggest balls up was when they changed the deke system.

Thats sad to hear!! I just want the game to be as realistic as possible but within reason still.
  • Gavinho
    225 posts Sunday League Hero

Bingo.
  • yerwaltz
    Gavinho wrote: »

Bingo.

Found mixed reviews now after actually looking, interesting.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Gavinho wrote: »

Bingo.

Found mixed reviews now after actually looking, interesting.

I would honestly get nhl 14. I'm sure it's available on EA access. Especially if you just want to have some fun playing the game.
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    It's no nhl 94 on the genesis, but it can't be that bad.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Hit the ice was the best ice hockey game of all time. Totally unrealistic but funny as hell.
  • yerwaltz
    Hit the ice was the best ice hockey game of all time. Totally unrealistic but funny as hell.

@Knowlesdinho Check it out! :sunglasses:
    https://www.classicgames.me/hit-the-ice-on-snes.html

• uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree it's been trash since 14. If you have friends to play with eashl can still be fun to play from time to time but anything other than that hell to the no
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

@Knowlesdinho Check it out! :sunglasses:
    https://www.classicgames.me/hit-the-ice-on-snes.html

@yerwaltz Ahh Nostalgia. I used to play this with my mate at the Ice Rink on the arcade machine when we went skating. So much fun!