Lukaku to united for 75 million.

Dez1888
1152 posts Professional
Didn't see that one coming but I reckon that'll be a great signing.

Comments

• Gabbinho04
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Madness.

75 Million for that first touch.
  • aberry1000
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rooney included that's why man united are paying 25 mil more
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    He can bang them in but 75 is probably a bit excessive, then again some of the prices for Premier League players are rediculous.
  • Stones
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    We've denied we've agreed to that. I know we want more and I can guarantee one of Chelsea or Utd will pay it.

Rooney is a separate deal, nearly done from what I hear.
  • Crowie
    1366 posts Professional
    Dez1888 wrote: »
    He can bang them in but 75 is probably a bit excessive, then again some of the prices for Premier League players are rediculous.

Not a Utd or Chelsea fan but if it was my club I would rather pay £75m for him than £72m for a Real Madrid/Juve bench warmer.
  • AEsey
    6049 posts Big Money Move
    aberry1000 wrote: »

yeah rooney is gonna be a different deal
    Looking forward to seeing how he does at utd
  • Stones
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    75m is just the upfront fee aparrantly, doesn't include the addons. This fee could be huge.
  • aberry1000
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    YesEA wrote: »
    aberry1000 wrote: »

yeah rooney is gonna be a different deal
    Looking forward to seeing how he does at utd

I was joking
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    Crowie wrote: »

Not a Utd or Chelsea fan but if it was my club I would rather pay £75m for him than £72m for a Real Madrid/Juve bench warmer.

I agree and I think he'll be a good signing for United, I do think it's a little over the top though.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    The main issue is, when clubs see that United are hunting for one of their players they make them play premium because they know they can afford it, our shirt sales alone pay for most of our purchases... i mean look at Pogba, We took Zlatan on a free and his shirt sales alone paid for Pogba's entire transfer...
  • robmays
    948 posts Professional
    Fake news
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    If the lad doesn't want to play at Everton any more then getting 75mil for him is great. The only thing that baffles me about it is mourinho has twice got him out of Chelsea when he was the manager and lukaku hasn't changed scores goals but is a lazy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at times
  • Ronaldo
    3901 posts National Call-Up
    Robg wrote: »
    If the lad doesn't want to play at Everton any more then getting 75mil for him is great. The only thing that baffles me about it is mourinho has twice got him out of Chelsea when he was the manager and lukaku hasn't changed scores goals but is a lazy **** at times

Exacly Mourinho got rid of him because of his laziness don't understand why he'd buy him back now.
  • Devers
    7700 posts League Winner
    The main issue is, when clubs see that United are hunting for one of their players they make them play premium because they know they can afford it, our shirt sales alone pay for most of our purchases... i mean look at Pogba, We took Zlatan on a free and his shirt sales alone paid for Pogba's entire transfer...

Why does everybody 'presume' this.

Ibra, pogba, even if ronaldo returned, would not have an impact on the price ye recieve from shirt sales.

Ye have a contract with adidas. For 'X' amount of money, ye do not have to hit target sales, the contract is the contract, even if ye sell more than expected ye will not gain more.

The only ones who gain from shirt sales of any club are your adidas/nike/puma etc.

for example, if united only sold 1 lukaku jersey, ye would still get the same revenue in than if ye sold 1 million lukaku jerseys
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    Devers wrote: »

Ibra, pogba, even if ronaldo returned, would not have an impact on the price ye recieve from shirt sales.

Ye have a contract with adidas. For 'X' amount of money, ye do not have to hit target sales, the contract is the contract, even if ye sell more than expected ye will not gain more.

The only ones who gain from shirt sales of any club are your adidas/nike/puma etc.

for example, if united only sold 1 lukaku jersey, ye would still get the same revenue in than if ye sold 1 million lukaku jerseys

Clubs still earn alot of money selling their shirts on their own personal website, Manchester United made £23 per shirt they sold last year when buying pogba so while ofc its not all the money made back but from the partnership with adidas they made 75million and then the shirt sales individually from the website also made alot too
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro

Not sure about this think it would be poor business sense if a bonus system/payment for X amount more shirt sales wasn't built in to the contract
  • Devers
    7700 posts League Winner

Not sure about this think it would be poor business sense if a bonus system/payment for X amount more shirt sales wasn't built in to the contract

Nope, how long are united with adidas? 3 years? Thats when the contract was made
  • Clancy
    8284 posts League Winner

But if you only sold 1 lukaku Jersey then Adidas and puma will only offer you $45 for a kit deal next time around. Maybe the kit sales don't go directly into club coffers that season, but it def makes a difference when negotiating the next deal
  • Devers
    7700 posts League Winner

Clubs still earn alot of money selling their shirts on their own personal website, Manchester United made £23 per shirt they sold last year when buying pogba so while ofc its not all the money made back but from the partnership with adidas they made 75million and then the shirt sales individually from the website also made alot too

How, adidas still make the jersey, the shirt supplier is always the main earner.
  • i2-TempZ-2i

How, adidas still make the jersey, the shirt supplier is always the main earner.

First of all, it needs to be cleared up that United don’t get all of the revenue from shirt sales, far from it. Adidas don’t pay the club £75 million for nothing. In fact, the industry standard is for the kit provider to receive 85-90% of all revenue from shirt sales. However, as McKeegan rather confidently pointed out in subsequent tweets, the shirt itself is not the only way clubs earn money from shirt sales, there are also the printing and the badges. So let’s do the maths.

According to United’s online shop, the printing and badges cost an extra £13.61. If we’re being optimistic, and United earn all of that plus 15% of the shirt revenue, that amounts to £23.82 per shirt. Which means, to cover the full £89 million, United would need to sell 3.736.356 Pogba shirts.

Source is http://mufclatest.com/can-paul-pogbas-shirt-sales-pay-for-his-transfer-no-heres-why/

As i was saying obviously they don't earn all the money but they earn around £23 per shirt and last year earned around 35million from sales
  • Devers
    7700 posts League Winner

First of all, it needs to be cleared up that United don’t get all of the revenue from shirt sales, far from it. Adidas don’t pay the club £75 million for nothing. In fact, the industry standard is for the kit provider to receive 85-90% of all revenue from shirt sales. However, as McKeegan rather confidently pointed out in subsequent tweets, the shirt itself is not the only way clubs earn money from shirt sales, there are also the printing and the badges. So let’s do the maths.

According to United’s online shop, the printing and badges cost an extra £13.61. If we’re being optimistic, and United earn all of that plus 15% of the shirt revenue, that amounts to £23.82 per shirt. Which means, to cover the full £89 million, United would need to sell 3.736.356 Pogba shirts.

Source is http://mufclatest.com/can-paul-pogbas-shirt-sales-pay-for-his-transfer-no-heres-why/

As i was saying obviously they don't earn all the money but they earn around £23 per shirt and last year earned around 35million from sales

Great reply.

I knew adidas claimed the biggest percentage, didnt think it was up at 90% though.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something

This!!
  • Izzy2K17
    11872 posts Has That Special Something

True and he's already proven in the PL. no way Morata is worth 90 mil like RM was asking for
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ronaldo wrote: »
    If the lad doesn't want to play at Everton any more then getting 75mil for him is great. The only thing that baffles me about it is mourinho has twice got him out of Chelsea when he was the manager and lukaku hasn't changed scores goals but is a lazy **** at times

Exacly Mourinho got rid of him because of his laziness don't understand why he'd buy him back now.

He has the money and backing to experiment I guess.
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    Yes but Ibrahimovic has a long name so they made the money in letters
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2017

Also United's 10-15% royalty fee only kicks in when a target number number of shirts are sold, given how much they rake in from this adidas deal each year.

I think Bayern Munich are one of the few exceptions where they get higher royalties from the kit supplier as they're part owned by adidas.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    As a united fan I ain't sure I'd be happy with the signing, if it were to happen.
    When you look at the likes of suarez and higuian going for the same sorta price.
    He maybe proven in the premier league, but I ain't sure he's done enough, or good enough for the figures mentioned.
    Personally, as hard as it is to say, I think arsenal have done better business in buying lacazette
  • Clancy
    8284 posts League Winner
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

True and he's already proven in the PL. no way Morata is worth 90 mil like RM was asking for

I wouldn't pay 90 mil for him if I was a prem league team, but I can def see how he is worth that much to Real.

How long has it been since they've had a Spanish (and even better Madrid) born homegrown attacker in their front line? Raul was the last I can think of unless I'm forgetting someone... which is likely

not to mention Morata is probably gonna be #1 striker for Spain at the world cup. You can't buy homegrown superstars.... well unless you're Real and you sold him to Juve in the first place lol

• Jobiwan
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    I dont think he improves them alot from last year as he is just replacing ibras goals. Still think they need more before I'll start worrying. Good signing though...
  • MRBIG71
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    2017-2018 Premier League Prediction:
    Lacazette at Aresenal > Lukaku at Man U