Advice please - 91 MOTM Isco versus 90 IF Isco!

yerwaltz
4078 posts National Call-Up
Hey everyone, just want to ask for some advice, might be a silly question so please bare with me. Lol usually dont get many responses honestly, so anything would be nice.

Does anyone have any experience with MOTM Isco compared to his 90 IF? I recently upgraded from the 90 IF to the 91 MOTM card specifcally for the defensive stats boost, but also because I like the look of MOTM cards, he looks good next to MOTM Saul :sunglasses:

But after 50 games or so, I'm not too sure hes been any better, in fact actually seems to have performed worse, struggling with his shooting. The 90 card was amazing at long shots and finesse, so im not sure whats going on. Everything is sailing over or going off the bar with him it seems.

Should I keep using his MOTM, or go back to the 90? Big difference in price, about 75-80k last time I checked. What would you do? Sell him off and downgrade? Give him another 50 games to see if he works out any better? Or hold on to him, and sell down the road for hopefully more. Not very many on the market last time I checked.

Thanks to anyone that replies.

Comments

• MD_Breezy13
    2609 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd use the 90 personally. Not much of a difference between the two. The upgrade to the TOTS is worth it but not from the 90 to 91.
  • yerwaltz
    I'd use the 90 personally. Not much of a difference between the two. The upgrade to the TOTS is worth it but not from the 90 to 91.

Right on thanks for your input @MD_Breezy13 I may end up doing this, if he still doesnt feel worth the coin be the end of the week. Still though, i like the look of the MOTM cards, have Saul and Marco Asensio to go with the collection, would be sad to sell off. But thats 75k i could definitely use elsewhere now.

• Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    I haven't checked the stats in futwiz but generally the higher rating the card and the higher the informs go the price difference doesn't justify the stat boost

I would go for the 90 and then use the coins elsewhere if you have other areas to improve
  • Ulook92
    23302 posts Club Captain
    I didn't see much difference tbh
  • yerwaltz
    @Campino @Ulook92
    Thanks fellas, appreciate the advice. I knew that would probably be the smartest thing to do, just needed that extra encouragement to go through with it :lol: Was kind of hoping someone would say "naw man keep the MOTM card because its cool" lol. Not enought to justify the extra coin.

At this point, i'll try selling him off after work, and then pick up his 90, should have enough coin to maybe try out nif Bale too since i have yet to do so all FUT, and kind of need a RM upgrade or supersub. Lol not sure hes any good though, everytime i play against him, hes hitting the post or skying them.

Might even consider Isco's 87 IF card too for the RW/RM option as well. Cheers!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    33036 posts National Team Captain
    I've used both extensively, and I'm still using the 91, there isn't much difference, the only reason I've kept the 91 is because I like the motm design and I have a thing about having the highest rated card.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    And I wouldn't go near the 87, his first few informs was terrible for me, his 89 upwards is where it's at.
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    And I wouldn't go near the 87, his first few informs was terrible for me, his 89 upwards is where it's at.

I have the 88 as a monthly reward and he's very decent. I can't bring myself to upgrade him.
  • yerwaltz
    edited July 2017
    @SupaNoodle1990 Hey there we go! I think you and I have similar preferences it seems on players/leagues etc.

So if you had to choose, you would go with the 91 simply based on the design and not really the slight boost? Like I was saying thats one of the reasons I've considered to hanging on to it, its soo cool. I like having a variety of types of cards, just cool to collect. Plus yea having the highest rated is always a must besides TOTS in most cases for me lol.

So far its 2 to 1 - go with 90 Isco :grimace:

• yerwaltz

Fair play on the 87 card, I thought it was the lowest one I would consider going, really saving coin lol but was considering merely for the winger option.

89 would save a little coin too, but i dont think i could let myself go any lower than 90 for the CM position.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    @SupaNoodle1990 Hey there we go! I think you and I have similar preferences it seems on players/leagues etc.

So if you had to chose, you would go with the 91 simply based on the design and not really the slight boost? Like I was saying thats one of the reasons I've considered to hanging on to it, its soo cool. I like having a variety of types of cards, just cool to collect. Plus yea having the highest rated is always a must besides TOTS in most cases for me lol.

So far its 2 to 1 - go with 90 Isco :grimace:

Yeah, I can't afford his tots otherwise I would get it, but at the time I stuck with the 91 because he was highest rated version.

I guess it depends on a few things.

1. So you need the extra coins elsewhere?
    2. Do you prefer the dynamic pic or the orange design?
    3. Do aesthetics matter to you or is value for money more important?

And finally I'm the same with having different card designs in my team, it just looks much nicer imo, the orange really stands out next to tots cards for example.
    I'm funny like that, not only does the team need to play well, it needs to look good or it bothers me. :joy:
  • yerwaltz
    edited July 2017
    @SupaNoodle1990

I do like using at least a few players that are unique, or that you dont see in every squad, whether its a special card or just an IF no one uses. Plus it is pretty cool to have the second highest version of a player considering there are tots now.

And thats the thing, I dont really need the coin right now, I love my squad and have used it for months with minor changes, it got me to div2 for a season :lol:

But im sure there are areas to improve, and or at least different players I could try out. I'd probably just buy players I've sold off in past that id like to have back, like TOTS Cyprien ( fits perfect above TOTS perrin). Just need the funds to do so. Selling the 91 card would give put me at around 100k to mess around with after buying back the 90 card, so any serious upgrades are pretty limited with that amount anyways.
  • yerwaltz
    edited July 2017
    nif griez st -
    MOTM isco cf-
    88 carassco - motm saul - tots N'Zonzi - 86 knockaert (purple)
    88 filipe luiz - otw umtiti - tots perrin - 82 jallet
    tots ter stegen

Heres the squad in a 4411, sorry im at work. Notable subs - 88 casemiro, 84 Morata, 87 Gameiro, nif Gaitan ( still useful)...

Only serious changes I've been considering would be on the right side, maybe replacing knockaert with OTW Dembele. But every time i do, he comes up huge for me, and i scratch the plans. Hes too good for me at only 14-16k. And i dont think OTW dembele stat wise would suite my style of play, might be another useless investment lol.

Another thought would be just replacing my RM, RB, and RCB altogether, and go full la liga, or something else on that side..
  • yerwaltz
    @SupaNoodle1990 @Campino

Ended up caving and selling, went back to the 90 :relieved: Had the coin to buy OTW dembele back, last time I had him I didnt give him a chance before going back to Knockaert. I'm hoping hes strong enough for my style, or just is so good that it doesnt affect much!