WL Playstation level that low?

Im watching a guy on twitch playing his wl games on Playstation, actually 37-1. He is good for sure but the opponents are simply trash. They have terrible teams (like saponara, murillo, normal sule etc) and they don't even try to defend, they run forward with defenders or slide tackle with cbs, i was shocked by the terrible level they offer on WL.
When i play wl on xbox i face full tots team, or legends or high end if and players that actually try to play the game with tactics, ptb counter and all the tactics.
the difference ive seen today is quite embarassing.

Comments

• iWilshere_19
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nah the standard is quite high actually, maybe he's just having a lucky run with the teams or players he's matching
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    I never had such luck in WL, always playing against tryhards.
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    I honestly think it Is, I have both consoles and decided to play a weekend league on PlayStation while my xbox was gone for repair this was feb time never have I got more than 24 wins on xbox even to this day and I had a very good team, used 150k team on PlayStation and got 29 wins.
  • n2j2000
    2247 posts Fans' Favourite
    In general the standard on PS4 is better than XBone but due to the larger player base there is more of a chance of you being matched against a lesser opponent.
  • n2j2000 wrote: »
    In general the standard on PS4 is better than XBone but due to the larger player base there is more of a chance of you being matched against a lesser opponent.

so the standard is lower
  • Nervous_Nick
    5783 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    This weekend i've faced only strong opponents in WL.
    Played 30 games so far, and not a single easy one...mostly stacked teams or BPL usual suspects.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15299 posts World Class
    You should see the teams I face then. Full of new accounts with blue cards all over.
  • Gerdinho90
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yea I've faced countless of weak players, I'm 25-0 bow. But all games were a struggle. You know why? I'm playing with 1 second delay on all these games.

Pretty sure matchmaking takes into consideration both the opponents elo as well as the delay to compensate "unfair" matches.

There is no other explanation for it. Whenever I play Vs top 100 or elite players I've almost never had delay. Only against weak players it's striking me.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    You should see the teams I face then. Full of new accounts with blue cards all over.
  • Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    edwinstree wrote: »
    You should see the teams I face then. Full of new accounts with blue cards all over, debilitating input lag.

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    PS4 is easier for sure.

Had both consoles and the game this year, Xbox is much more competitive.
  • Dawud
    16012 posts World Class
    TubAShet wrote: »
    PS4 is easier for sure.

Had both consoles and the game this year, Xbox is much more competitive.

Load of ****, try play this week. I'm facing full toty/tots teams who all have good records
  • ryanmufcfan
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Standard is the same on both consoles
  • holdenwait
    58183 posts National Treasure
    edited July 2017
  • holdenwait
    No
  • rankon.
    2171 posts Fans' Favourite
    Consoles aren't foreign from each other, it's the same game and the same community minus legends. The guy has got extremely lucky as teams are equally stacked.
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something

Yeah I wish I could face teams like you're describing in the OP
  • Keepthechange
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm on PS4 and haven't faced a single team that had less than 6 blue cards, mainly BPL TOTS teams
  • maksi
    Probably depends on your ELO.
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Opposite for me. I see xbox streamers get such average teams and opponents
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    12296 posts Has That Special Something

I second this where I seem to play 40 games against elite sides and it's been like that for over a month now on ps4.
  • holdenwait

this :joy:
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    holdenwait wrote: »

this :joy:

• MeanOnSunday
    1529 posts Play-Off Hero
    n2j2000 wrote: »

so the standard is lower

He has it the wrong way round anyway. For an above average player the larger the number of players the more likely the matchmaking will give an equal opponent rather than a weaker one. Is this streamer in US or Europe? The level of competition on PS4 in US is much worse than in Europe.

• Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 2017
    I just beat a lad who had 35 wins, while I'm still working my way through silver 2. If I beat the equalivant of his rank in any other competitive game, my skill points would've had a huge increase.

All you get in Fifa for beating an elite player, is a win. I'm having a mare this week too, only have 11 wins, 5 loses, that's not elite form. We need a proper competitive ladder similar to Overwatch in Fifa 18.

20170702_182901.jpg
  • Thefranchise92
    3901 posts National Call-Up
    Might get a ps4
  • RK_11
    7 posts Ball Boy
    On Ps4 how do you find out how many wins/level etc your opponent is in FUT???
  • maksi
    edited July 2017
    RK_11 wrote: »
    On Ps4 how do you find out how many wins/level etc your opponent is in FUT???
    You can't in fifa 17, you could see it in previous versions on EA FIFA website. Just another feature that goes missing with no explanation.

WL is probably the reason why they did it.
  • Mutu10gol
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    n2j2000 wrote: »

so the standard is lower

:smile:
  • Aidennes
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im watching a guy on twitch playing his wl games on Playstation, actually 37-1. He is good for sure but the opponents are simply trash. They have terrible teams (like saponara, murillo, normal sule etc) and they don't even try to defend, they run forward with defenders or slide tackle with cbs, i was shocked by the terrible level they offer on WL.
    When i play wl on xbox i face full tots team, or legends or high end if and players that actually try to play the game with tactics, ptb counter and all the tactics.
    the difference ive seen today is quite embarassing.

I wish I played teams like these, all I ever seem to come up against are either the usual prem OP's or ridiculously stacked teams. Must've played less than 6 games where the opposition had a swuad rating lower than 84.