Kit Manufacturers

Hitman_Hatton
14382 posts Has That Special Something
Which are the best and worst out there in your opinion?

Seems to me that one of the most popular brands out there, Nike, have become one of the most laziest when it comes to their designs.
They pay big money for these deals, and then churn out identical kits for various teams. Boring.

Comments

• Andy
    7876 posts League Winner
    Adidas
  • Kyle1996
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    Umbro comfortably make the worst kits these days, they had some of the best designs in the mid 2000s.
  • ffs Martan
    9814 posts League Winner
    Adidas best, puma probably the worst of the big ones
  • Dan13
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    Puma is the worst of the "big" manufacturers but Joma is significantly worse
  • ffs Martan
    9814 posts League Winner
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Puma is the worst of the "big" manufacturers but Joma is significantly worse
    Hummel
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    hard to get excited by any tbh, usually as bad as each other these days, not like anyone is going out of the way to be particularly unique anymore. I'd usually agree with the slating of Puma, but our collection of kits last season were definitely my favourite of my generation. Admittedly, they're competing with ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like Le Coq & Burrda but still. It's a shame Admiral are pretty much done now, usually my favourite retros are from them
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Adidas, love how they use retro designs in their kits. The United away kit this season is gorgeous, much like the home kit last season. Worst would be new balance, their kits are ugly.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Adidas, love how they use retro designs in their kits. The United away kit this season is gorgeous, much like the home kit last season. Worst would be new balance, their kits are ugly.

NB wouldn't happen to be Liverpool's kit maker, would they...
  • Garycelta923
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »

NB wouldn't happen to be Liverpool's kit maker, would they...

They have the home shirt spot on this year though

Big fan of adidas myself kits wise
  • Kyle1996
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    The two flagship Adidas kits, Real and Bayern look like cheap knockoffs, they're having an off year.
  • Dan13
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    Wonder what Kappa and Lotto are doing these days. They were still kinda relevant in the 2000s
  • Rhodesia
    860 posts Semi-Pro
    Kappa does Napoli.
    They had some fairly good kits in the 90s.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Adidas, Kappa, Le Coq Sportif
  • MaddMike3711
    12938 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2017
    Best: Adidas and Puma

Worst: Kappa and Nike

Nike always snag (even on authentic kits) or have minor flaws. While Kappa is ok, their quality of kits just aren't up to scratch with Adidas or Puma imo.

Side note, the Adidas Adizero kits have a tendency to tear if you get your shirt tugged as they are like paper thin, and seriously feel like you don't have a shirt on at all.
    Though otherwise they amazing, and I really wished Chelsea wouldn't have dropped Adidas. :(

The Nike kits this year are just boring, and while I'm waiting for my customized authentic home kit in the mail, I don't have high expectations for it. :/
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Good old Nike

DJg8FQ8XoAEluxu.jpg
  • Hitman_Hatton
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Agree, Nike are dull. I like the more up and coming ones like Joma and Macron these days. They have produced some classy kits - for teams all over the world too, judging by the kits on UT.
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Puma. Absolutely lazy designers they have. Anyone seen their wc kits?
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited April 2018
    Nike are horribly bland and boring. Never liked them.

Used to love Adidas but they've been milking the same old designs for a decade. I gotta say that the shirts are really comfortable though and hold up well over time

New Balance are probably my current favourites because they take risks for better or worse. It's either brilliant or atrocious

Worst of all time though has got to be Reebok, they murdered my nipples. They were itchy and irriating as hell.
  • Nem
    6615 posts Big Money Move

Yet another cracker from Nike 🙄
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    That's fantastic imo.
  • Pxul_
    9730 posts League Winner
    Fantastic? Not the word I’d use
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Nike are awful. Copypasta hatchet job.