PC cheating

mainde
147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Every single FIFA game released on PC that featured ultimate team (so 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17) has been utterly plagued by cheaters and coin farming bots to the point that it became (literally) unplayable and massively unfair.

Pretty much the same flaw was exploited in all those games, nothing worth of notice has ever been done by EA to address the issue.

Because of this, I haven't bought a single FIFA game since 14 but I'd really like to give you my money again.
Is there any chance that this year things will be different and why the answer is "no"?

Comments

  • Zerk3R
    780 posts Semi-Pro
    99ovr is not working anymore, and most likely never will again.

    The only issue remaining is coin farmers with trainers, that's seems quite hard to fix as long as a P2P system stays
  • mainde
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2017
    Zerk3R wrote: »
    The only issue remaining is coin farmers with trainers, that's seems quite hard to fix as long as a P2P system stays
    It is indeed but some not-even-that-clever server side logic would be able to spot them in just a bunch of matches, making the activity not profitable. It's really absurd that nothing has been done so far (afaik, at least).

    After all, cheaters always lie about their match results when they submit them to the EA servers, and they do that with a massive frequency too. Detecting discrepancies between two player's reports and suspending accounts that have an extraordinary lying rate would help so much.

    EA pls
  • Benyamin
    15 posts Ball Boy
    I hope this year EA uses good anti cheat last year i gave up on FUT because of cheats
  • o Timisss x
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ea dont care bout pc market...case closed
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    That's the reason why I play FIFA 17 Season Mode only on PC. I've played over 2500 matches online in seasons mode on PC didn't experience cheaters. I played only 10 matches or so in FUT online on PC. I hate FUT the idea to play with a dream team. It feels unrealistic. But of-course people enjoy it because they get the thrill of improving their squads with gold packed players.

    EA must implement anti-cheat system like Valves VAC Banning steam on Steam account. So then you can't join steam VAC servers. There should be an Origin VAC Banning system. Where FIFA cheaters can online play unranked matches online but ranked matches should make them blacklisted from matchmaking. This will solve it 100%!
  • o Timisss x
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ea dont care bout pc market...case closed

  • mainde
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ea dont care bout pc market...case closed
    Ah, yes, sure, sorry.

    Everyone shut up, no need to voice our problems, this guy has our answer right there. Let's not complain at all about it, that will surely work out in our best interest.
  • o Timisss x
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mainde wrote: »
    Ea dont care bout pc market...case closed
    Ah, yes, sure, sorry.

    Everyone shut up, no need to voice our problems, this guy has our answer right there. Let's not complain at all about it, that will surely work out in our best interest.

    Much more important things that need fixing
  • Marsstorm
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2017
    EA cares only of Console pesants which happend to be Football pesants, playing FIFA arcade football and buy every year a ridiculous simplified base game with ridiculous oversimplified/politicized single player options and online game that is build entirely on FUT cards that end up costing more than the game (that start selling at 60 €/£).

    So yeah they have better things to do like moneygrab than offer service to its customers .Afterall is EA the same company named twice the worst company for customer service.
    Post edited by Marsstorm on
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    Don't buy FIFA for PC, like ever again. If FIFA is what you play the most.
    I'm the biggest PC Master Race fan and console hater, but it's just not worth it.
    I'm going to get an Xbox One S just to play FIFA. Market prices are incredible lower, community is way bigger, Xbox has most pros and youtubers, no farmers, no cheaters, variety of opponents. PC is just frustrating and not fun.
  • Yulianna
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Don't buy FIFA for PC, like ever again. If FIFA is what you play the most.
    I'm the biggest PC Master Race fan and console hater, but it's just not worth it.
    I'm going to get an Xbox One S just to play FIFA. Market prices are incredible lower, community is way bigger, Xbox has most pros and youtubers, no farmers, no cheaters, variety of opponents. PC is just frustrating and not fun.

    Ah yes but why are obliged to pay a monthly fees in order to be able to play with a console huh !!!!
    I'll never ever pay for such fees ! that's unfair
    Yulia
  • Yulianna
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    And this year I'll wait in order to compare FIFA and PES as it's seem that this year PES will be improved for online gamer on PC...
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    Yulianna wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Don't buy FIFA for PC, like ever again. If FIFA is what you play the most.
    I'm the biggest PC Master Race fan and console hater, but it's just not worth it.
    I'm going to get an Xbox One S just to play FIFA. Market prices are incredible lower, community is way bigger, Xbox has most pros and youtubers, no farmers, no cheaters, variety of opponents. PC is just frustrating and not fun.

    Ah yes but why are obliged to pay a monthly fees in order to be able to play with a console huh !!!!
    I'll never ever pay for such fees ! that's unfair
    Yulia
    I agree, but its really cheap, and if FIFA is what you play the most, its totally worth it.
    Yulianna wrote: »
    And this year I'll wait in order to compare FIFA and PES as it's seem that this year PES will be improved for online gamer on PC...
    Keep dreaming.
  • aberry1000
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    any game on PC will have cheaters

    it's too easy for people to program cheats etc
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    aberry1000 wrote: »
    any game on PC will have cheaters

    it's too easy for people to program cheats etc

    But on the other games they are rare because the companies actually do something.. it's much different from FIFA.
  • mainde
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    aberry1000 wrote: »
    any game on PC will have cheaters

    it's too easy for people to program cheats etc

    It's true that it's easier to mess with games/programs on PC it's absolutely false that the problem can't be solved.
    There's plenty of cheat/hack-free games.

    Games can't be directly abused when properly designed and coded.
  • mainde
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    mainde wrote: »
    Ea dont care bout pc market...case closed
    Ah, yes, sure, sorry.

    Everyone shut up, no need to voice our problems, this guy has our answer right there. Let's not complain at all about it, that will surely work out in our best interest.

    Much more important things that need fixing

    Yeah, I mean, why would this be a priority? People in Div1 can't play the game without wasting 20/30 minutes while skipping through bots or can't play at all but who cares, right?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Don't buy FIFA for PC, like ever again. If FIFA is what you play the most.
    I'm the biggest PC Master Race fan and console hater, but it's just not worth it.
    I'm going to get an Xbox One S just to play FIFA. Market prices are incredible lower, community is way bigger, Xbox has most pros and youtubers, no farmers, no cheaters, variety of opponents. PC is just frustrating and not fun.
    This is a bad approach. Because that is exactly what EA want us to do. They are probably deliberately avoiding the cheating fixes so that we switch to consoles.

    However, I can assure you that EA will eventually fix the PC cheating as it will affect Ultimate Team. Because there are cheaters in FUT who manage to get 99 OVR, etc. EA will want to fix this cheating in order to convince their fan-base to buy the game and also to buy the player packs.

    Since it would be against their interest not to. Because like you said if you aren't going to buy the game on PC at all then EA will want to fix the cheating in order to convince us to buy the game. However, if you say you won't buy the game on PC and will buy it on a Console instead. Then EA will say to themselves, "ha, no need to fix the PC cheating then, we've got another customer who switched to the console versions"!

    I didn't buy FIFA 13, 14, 15 and 16. 17 was my first game in 5 years. Before that I played NBA 2K10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 on PC. I will have to admit I never experienced cheating in NBA 2K on PC. It's easier to spot and detect cheaters on Steam by seeing whether they have a VAC Ban on their account or not. Along with VAC Enabled Servers on a majority of games via steam. Including Punkbuster Anti-Cheat system on Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC. Where I myself witnessed cheaters being kicked-off from the server.

    Such implementation can definitely be made on FIFA PC. Where the cheater can be kicked off even in the middle of a FIFA online game from its servers. EA can then issues bans such as 3 day ban, 1 month ban, 3 month ban, 6 month ban for repeated cheating until eventually a permanent Origin ban. I know Free to Play games years ago had this policy like Carom3D a billiards game had this rule. They can even detect trainers and cheat programs. That is what Punkbuster and VAC is there for. EA need to implement Punkbuster into FIFA like in Battlefield Bad Company 2=Problem solved!
  • scrubosaurus
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2017
    ovr 99 is still around and it will always be because fifa for PC is something like 1% of the big picture and EA dont want to spend resources with it.
    wana play a free of cheaters fifa 18? do like i did, bought a xbox one s a couple days ago.
    i dont like paying a fee to play, but i think to myself that it is a fee to play without cheaters.
    btw, i hate consoles...

    PS: EA will fix cheaters on PC when FIFA turns to cross platform...
    Post edited by scrubosaurus on
  • Noojgard
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I bought PS4 to play FIFA. There have been plenty of cheats since FIFA11 in PC version. Simply there are 1/10 PC users when you compare to PS4, so EA does not put enough emphasis on it.
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Noojgard wrote: »
    I bought PS4 to play FIFA. There have been plenty of cheats since FIFA11 in PC version. Simply there are 1/10 PC users when you compare to PS4, so EA does not put enough emphasis on it.
    Post edited by DSD27 on
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    evenbalance.com/games.php
    EA can fix it once and for all. They have done it in the past with the Alt+F4 and Alt+Tab cheat.
    If you look at the link above there are plenty of games from Punkbuster supported. Of the 11 games listed 6 of them are from EA Battlefield and Medal of Honor.

    Some of these games are old. Like I mentioned previously Battlefield Bad Company 2 is 7 years old and no hacker/cheater has managed to circumvent the anti-cheat system on PC. There are still 300 players online even after 7 years. The punkbuster program runs in the background it detects trainers, cheat programs, etc. If you try to enter a multiplayer punkbuster enabled server without the punkbuster client the game kicks you off the server until you get punkbuster up and running again.

    And even if the cheater somehow manages to trick Punkbusters system they will update the punkbuster version for that given game so that particular new cheat no longer works. These precautionary measures can be done. EA Sports simply haven't bothered to do this for FIFA. They have completely neglected it. I know this because Alt+F4 quit cheat existed from FIFA 05-11 PC. It took 6 years for EA to fix Alt+F4 in FIFA 12 PC.

    There are cheaters on PC in the leaderboard. A few people have like over 1000 wins and only 40-60 losses. EA have done nothing to ban these cheaters and remove them from the leaderboards.. It's funny how these forums here are so strict when it comes to forum rules, but when it comes to cheating in their FIFA games there is no moderator for the FIFA online servers....
Sign In or Register to comment.