What's with this community?

NVS_Whiskey
377 posts Sunday League Hero
Okay, serious talk.

Not necessarily on the forums but in game, I've noticed that people will do anything to aggravate their opponents. Even if it's just a seasons game or single match. Every goal, no matter how sloppy or cheesy, they dab, watch the whole replay, never skip anything, and pause constantly.

I try to be courteous to people. If I score one or two before my opponent, I will do a little celebration and skip for them. I Never get the same courtesy. Even if I'm up 3 goals and destroying people they still do all the little things to try and be douchebags. Why is this? Am I missing something?

Example: Played 3 seasons matches last night (Div. 2.)

The first game I went up 2 goals before half. He had 1 shot to my 6. Scored another around the 70th minute mark. Mind you I did the sliding celebration, the salute, and the calm down as well as skipped all the replays. He breaks through and scores nearing the end of the game. (2nd shot on goal.) and proceeds to dab, paused all 3 times, watched the entire replay and sends me this: "F*** you you are garbage. Lucky win. You're trash." I responded with: "GG"

Second game goes the first half without a goal. Pretty even game. I had 3 shots and so did he. I manage to score in the 79th minute and did the standard "X" celebration for Mertens and skipped the replay. He scores in the 90th minute from a corner and runs to midfield shushing followed by a dab and the whole replay.

Third game. This was a really good game. 3 goals each, 50/50 possession and no BS goals. This dude dabbed and watched every replay while pausing after each one. I messaged him after and said, "GG, out of curiosity, why do all the dabbing and pausing?" His response: "Because f*** you and your shi***y team."

Why all the hostility?

Comments

• Stobe
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2017
    Git gud <3
  • cdbuck26
    3786 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, I have definitely noticed this as I'm sure most others have as well. I just try to ignore it and not get annoyed easily
  • Stobe
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    But in all seriousness, it's due to the fact that the vast majority of the players who play this game are immature kiddos who think they're cool being cocky
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Stobe wrote: »
    Git gud <3

Was hoping for this. Wasn't disappointed. Haha
  • ImAtrocious
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't get it either. Judging by what you said, I do even less than you that would wind anyone up, and I'm still on the receiving end of it. Sometimes I wonder if by skipping replays and not celebrating they think that's being cocky? It's gotten a little out of control in my book, but I'm not going to change how I play and do it in retaliation. I just look away from the screen while they are having fun with their antics.
  • Snugglebites
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    You'd like to think it's just kids being kids, then you realise that adults are doing it as well. It's pretty sad. People take games way too seriously.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    :D well i look away not to get vexed..however if you dab on me , run around like you are mental, I will try as much as possible to score and replicate the same crap..it's all fun .. however you have the power to control why vexes you.. do not lose sleep over such , if you let it bother you, then you've allowed some no face fella get under your skin.

FIFA 17 has been the most unfriendly game this year as far as how people interact , i think it the bad coding of the game
    button delays, lag, PTB, etc ..... some people get so worked up... just play and have fun your won way, no one will remember how you scored a hat-trick etc.. people take the game too seriously
  • NVS_Whiskey
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    :D well i look away not to get vexed..however if you dab on me , run around like you are mental, I will try as much as possible to score and replicate the same crap..it's all fun .. however you have the power to control why vexes you.. do not lose sleep over such , if you let it bother you, then you've allowed some no face fella get under your skin.

FIFA 17 has been the most unfriendly game this year as far as how people interact , i think it the bad coding of the game
    button delays, lag, PTB, etc ..... some people get so worked up... just play and have fun your won way, no one will remember how you scored a hat-trick etc.. people take the game too seriously

It doesn't really tilt me as much as confuses me. I don't get it. If I'm being decent to you why do you have to be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️?
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree it's definitely getting worse.

Although it is satisfying to have them go 2 or 3 up while shushing/dabbing and then you equalise or win because you know they'll be really bothered by it. Love receiving a good hate message when I've beaten someone.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4233 posts National Call-Up
    It's gone down the same path as the community on here to be honest. Hostility and immaturity has well and truly taken over the Fifa community. Think it all stems from popular YouTubers making things such as 'sweaty goals' etc. popular, and it has just been downhill from there really. Almost as bad as COD now.

I try my best to be mature, skip replays etc. but like you, I rarely ever receive the same. Dabs, endless replays, even waiting for the AI to take the kick-off for them. I can't understand it but it is what it is.
  • silverdale10
    1526 posts Play-Off Hero
    People who keep changing kit, even when the one you have doesn't clash at all, to try and force you to show them your other kit (presumably in case you have some special EA Elite super strip . I just back out of those games, anticipating they'll know every exploit imaginable.
  • GoalGiant
    1786 posts Play-Off Hero
    Couldn't agree more, if you've scored a tap in, you don't celebrate and you certainly don't watch the replay. Fair enough if you've scored an overhead kick from 20 yards out tho
  • PerfectionAJ
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Only getting worse the more mainstream fut has become, now it's basically the only mode people play and with fut champs rewards everybody seems to be looking for any advantage even if they have to be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to wind up opponents.

The amount of times I get hate messages after winning or even losing a game is ridiculous compared to the FIFA 12 and 13 days.
  • SeanDCFC
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    People who keep changing kit, even when the one you have doesn't clash at all, to try and force you to show them your other kit (presumably in case you have some special EA Elite super strip . I just back out of those games, anticipating they'll know every exploit imaginable.

So do I, you know they will watch every replay (and not just for goals) pause as much as possible and probably time waste if they take the lead. At least they make themselves easy to identity :lol:
  • BullishBull
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    I would pay good money to have the ability to press a button on my xbox controller that enables a big red boxing glove to fly out my opponents TV and knock his block off. The annoying opponents of course.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    I would pay good money to have the ability to press a button on my xbox controller that enables a big red boxing glove to fly out my opponents TV and knock his block off. The annoying opponents of course.

Screw the boxing glove. Brass knuckles.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Only getting worse the more mainstream fut has become, now it's basically the only mode people play and with fut champs rewards everybody seems to be looking for any advantage even if they have to be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to wind up opponents.

The amount of times I get hate messages after winning or even losing a game is ridiculous compared to the FIFA 12 and 13 days.

This is the first game I've ever gotten hate mail after losing. I played against one of the best players I've ever faced personally in the qualifiers last week. The guy wrecked my team in every aspect of the game. Granted, his team was worth probably 8-10 million coins. (Full TOTS Premier league with all the big guns.) He messages me after and said, "How does it feel to get s**t on scrub?" Seriously? I lost 4-1.
  • RayS
    30247 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 2017
    You'd like to think it's just kids being kids, then you realise that adults are doing it as well. It's pretty sad. People take games way too seriously.

Immature kids sometimes become immature adults aka boys who can shave
  • dave2121
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    I think there's a range of players who usually fall into Gold in WL who are slightly good and ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I think when you get above that range, the players are generally a little classier. I've noticed this in Rocket League too, once I get above a certain rank people are much less likely to be jerks.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    Generally I stick to the rules we had when I was a kid.

You're allowed to watch one replay of a goal unless it was a penalty or a tap in.

Celebrations are either skipped or finished ASAP - that's why my natural celebration immediately after scoring is the salmon (not sure on the "Fifa" name but the Ian Wright celebration where you just dive and flop to the ground).
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    by you complaining on this forum these guys have exactly achieved what they want
  • stevotrueblue
    991 posts Professional

Yeh I back out too if say the screen comes on and im in my blue home kit and they are in red and change to their other strip and if its blue,, im like why the hell should I change just to suit you WTF

Also hate those who will pause to make subs when the game is as good as over at 85 mins or something and they already have the game won and your playing on out of courtesy and to get your coins.

Or the ones who just down tools when you are beating them and leave you to just play yourself,,, for some reason it takes longer to get through that to the end
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    The mistake is thinking it's unique to fifa.

It's just internet culture.

Most internet forums, social media, gaming clans, all online communities have been built around trolling everyone and every thing for about twenty odd years.

The kids dabbing every Musa goal hoping you rage quit might think they're being original but for as long as there's been online games there's been antisocial behaviour.

There was an old MMO called Ultima Online that was like the great grandad of WoW. It was the first major, online only game I can remember seeing ans it was absolutely chock full of people desperately trolling and annoying each other for profit.

If you want to play computer games online with the general public you need a thick skin. Otherwise, dont git gud, git friends. I mean that's alternative, just play with your mates or play offline.

But otherwise, be prepared to get your jimmies rustled.
  • Liam W
    2731 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly, so many people do these celebrations and watch replays (not so much the pausing) that it doesn't really bother me too much. I usually do show respect for my celebration but I can accommodate more flamboyant celebrations for poorly behaved opponents. What I really don't get is the guys who are losing 4 - 0 and then score a consolation in the 90th min and do a dab. I mean, it looks silly and it wouldn't happen in real life. Maybe these people are just pre-conditioned to do it and I guess if that's the case they're not even really trying to wind you up.
  • Thefranchise92
    4285 posts National Call-Up
    Stobe wrote: »
    Git gud <3

Was hoping for this. Wasn't disappointed. Haha

It's people like this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that are ruining the game. People are so hostile. I found it to be most times iot you play legit then beat someone they get angry that you're better than them
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    I get it all the time because my opponents are jealous of my team...

No matter how crap or ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the goal is THEY will watch it all the way back to kick off.. It's like they think they're teaching me a lesson or something for having a super team..bi usually assume I'm playing a kid
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up

Yeh I back out too if say the screen comes on and im in my blue home kit and they are in red and change to their other strip and if its blue,, im like why the hell should I change just to suit you WTF

Also hate those who will pause to make subs when the game is as good as over at 85 mins or something and they already have the game won and your playing on out of courtesy and to get your coins.

Or the ones who just down tools when you are beating them and leave you to just play yourself,,, for some reason it takes longer to get through that to the end

I've downed tools before but only if the guy I'm playing is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ despite having the game wrapped up, if you watch a replay at 4.0 you clearly have all the time in the world... so play by yourself I'm going for a cigg
  • Sodan70
    1105 posts Professional
    Have had no bad experiences all year... But now I have had 4 abusive messages in a week. Guess all the nice people stopped playing FIFA :D
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    I get it all the time because my opponents are jealous of my team...

No matter how crap or ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the goal is THEY will watch it all the way back to kick off.. It's like they think they're teaching me a lesson or something for having a super team..bi usually assume I'm playing a kid

Maybe that's it. I don't have the greatest team, but they are pretty stout. (maybe 2 mil.) I guess they're just jealous.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2017
    People are scum. Quite simple really.