Why can't I beat professional difficultly?

JRO1998
100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I get elite in fut champs every now and again, I'm using a bad chem team with some okay players but I am struggling to beat the AI! I swear it was never this hard! I just want my 50k pack!

Comments

• illinifan
    8563 posts League Winner
    You have to play similar to real life football to play well against the computer, the differences between offline and online play are massive.
  • JRO1998
    You have to play similar to real life football to play well against the computer, the differences between offline and online play are massive.

Yeah, I'm just surprised on how hard it is I never used to struggle but bloody hell its embarrassing
  • pudgyfudgy
    5193 posts Big Money Move
    I think it's cos you're using a bad chem team. I always cruise through these tournaments winning 7-0 and 9-0 and stuff but once I just chucked in random players and ended up with an 80-something chem team. Oh boy did I struggle. The importance of chem seems to be amplified in offline games.
  • truegunn3r
    6927 posts League Winner
    FIFA 17 is a terrible game
  • JRO1998
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I think it's cos you're using a bad chem team. I always cruise through these tournaments winning 7-0 and 9-0 and stuff but once I just chucked in random players and ended up with an 80-something chem team. Oh boy did I struggle. The importance of chem seems to be amplified in offline games.

Oh okay I'll give that a go thanks man!
  • seabo
    1238 posts Professional
    Where do u get 50k pack for playing offline?
  • truegunn3r
    6927 posts League Winner
    seabo wrote: »
    And at professional
  • tatadwader
    1782 posts Play-Off Hero
    I do 3 things when I'm playing the ai that I can't get away with against another human:

1- Spam finesse shots, over and over until they go in. Preferably with someone who has the trait, like Reus or Dybala.

2- Spam corners to the near post. They keeper just keeps deflecting them out until 1 maybe gets thru for a goal.

3- 2nd man defending (R1 on ps4 remote) does not work as well. Just chase the ball like a dog and eventually you'll win a tackle.
  • Retro_G
    24210 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2017
    You don't get a connection advantage for using an unstable mobile hotspot connection against the com. I found it incredibly easy, best Chelsea 7-0 in the final.
  • SeaDawgBob
    901 posts Professional
    You have to play multiple games over and over to get used to the computer AI. Every once in awhile when I get annoyed with the FIFA community I'll play a few games offline. I will say I usually come back online a better player. You have to be more strategic with slower build up against the AI, when you're playing online we get so used to the race track mentality.
  • Bob_Dylan
    17672 posts World Class

• Icosa_Gaming
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2017
    Adaptive AI difficulty - the other word for that is not allowed on here
  • maksi
    5918 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah sometimes AI plays above than should be based on difficulty.
  • Nervous_Nick
    3632 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2017
    I found it too easy actually, and i'm only a div.2/3 -gold 2/3 player. I won all games at least 7-0, it was soooo boring, but i wanted the 50k pack!! I used a 60 chem random team.
    Of course it was not worth the effort, only one 83 card in the pack, the rest was absolute crap!
  • JRO1998
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    And at professional

Singled player tots tournament!
  • JRO1998
    I decided to get rid of the golds and go full silver so I could get 100 chemistry and it is much easier now! Must be a chemistry issue