Chest controls and air ball reactions

seabo
1519 posts Play-Off Hero
edited June 2017
Sorry if this has been brought up but I don't see many videos pre-launch discussing them and these are two bugs/issues plaguing the game for many years and have never been fixed despite upgrading to new engines (unlike the more recent ones like really bad input lag).

You see professional players chest control the ball very well more often than not and can stop the ball right on the spot but in this game 90% of chest controls are not actually controlled properly or are mis-controlled to go way too far, sometimes even 10 yards...

Air ball reactions - opponent has won the ball and cleared up the field or something but half your team is still running forward for another couple of seconds instead of chasing back. A more recent issue, it would also help if we could clear corners/crosses properly instead of heading it back out for another corner so often despite trying to head it away up the field with your controller.

If anyone has played the pre-launch FIFA 18 could they care to shed some light on it? If it has improved or stayed the same as with all FIFAs I can remember.

Comments

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good call. I see it a lot when you take a throw-in and instead of the player controlling the ball on his chest it just hits him in the chest and the ball goes flying away. Also interested to know if any of this stuff has been improved a changed.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Air ball struggle should be revamped. Now it seems a random result who will win an air ball. It would be more interesting and authentic if the winning an air ball depends of how proper your possition is, how do you work with your player's body, the nick of time when you press the button to perform header.
    It will be cool to see how player jump early if you press the button when the ball is highly in the air.

You should can win the chest playing by the proper position and proper work with player's body. Despite an opponent try to play header.
    Now it's that the header has the advantage before of chest playing. It's not realistic.

Also exactly we should control whether the controlled player plays head or foot. For example pressing the circle button is a head playing, pressing the circle button with the L2 button is a foot playing.
    For example if I want that my goalkeeper grab the ball I prefer to pass to him with a head, not with a foot. Or if I want to do more stronger and faster pass the air ball I prefer to pass with a foot, not a head.
  • Superflyuk777
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    Part of the issue is that Fifa doesn't have tutorials for most of the intermediate and advanced/skill controls in the game.

And before anyone says the skill games, they don't help teach you controls from scratch. They only help you practice if you already know what the controls are. There's no where that says..."these are the best ways to control a first touch".
  • alex1987
    5902 posts Big Money Move
    Kind of annoying when you do a long throw with you goalie and you want to catch it on the chest, the ball goes like 20 meters off of it.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Part of the issue is that Fifa doesn't have tutorials for most of the intermediate and advanced/skill controls in the game.

And before anyone says the skill games, they don't help teach you controls from scratch. They only help you practice if you already know what the controls are. There's no where that says..."these are the best ways to control a first touch".

Agree. Tutorials are needed.