Anybody using the false 9 this year?

SummerOfGeorge
3120 posts National Call-Up
Tried it early on but really struggled to create chances.

Thinking of putting this team together to finally try TOTS Hazard

24ddc89d1cb7d9b60cc673f99dbf6ea6.jpg

Suarez on 8 chem is no issue for me but I'm wondering how Messi's M/M would work out there

Comments

• GL
    7027 posts Big Money Move
    Yes I've used it all year and finally stopped this weekend. If you want to go through pain and suffering and grind to get better with it go for it.

My suggestion is play 4321 for chem and switch to 4231 in game. The game is so much easier that way
  • SummerOfGeorge
    3120 posts National Call-Up
    So you wouldn't say it's a very fun formation? I tend to play lots of short passes and pretty patient, something that worked fairly well with it last year but I couldn't get it going and got frustrated when I used it this year
  • GL
    7027 posts Big Money Move
    So you wouldn't say it's a very fun formation? I tend to play lots of short passes and pretty patient, something that worked fairly well with it last year but I couldn't get it going and got frustrated when I used it this year

It's only fun when you have the ball. With how the positioning of the players are it's a struggle to get the ball back. You get countered easily and less shielding in midfield allows opponents to walk through. Don't get me wrong it's very fun to use, I recommend setting wingers on stay wide. If you are good at defending go for it.

It's a fun formation but not a competitive formation