Which backline is worth it?

Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
922 posts Semi-Pro
edited June 2017
Do you guys think a back four of MOTM Sandro, TOTKS Chiellini, 88 Kouliabaly & IF Handanovic is worth the 380k? (PS4)

Or Is a back four of TOTS Telles, TOTS Marcano, TOTS Felipe & TOTS Ederson just as good for only 100k? I'd also have the exact funds to upgrade 89 Mertens to his TOTS if I went with this team.

This is my final team btw, & am trying to keep it competitive for WL as well. Open to other suggestions as well. Maybe La Liga has a better combination for under 380k?

This is the team right now: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/4768487

Comments

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    I think the first option is better, but if you need coins to upgrade to TOTS Mertens, i would definitely choose the second option.
  • I think the first option is better, but if you need coins to upgrade to TOTS Mertens, i would definitely choose the second option.
    Thanks mate. Only just realized I could afford TOTS Mertens as well. Saw a few go under 600k, so it'd be a tight squeeze.

• JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    Do you guys think a back four of MOTM Sandro, TOTKS Chiellini, 88 Kouliabaly & IF Handanovic is worth the 380k? (PS4)

Or Is a back four of TOTS Telles, TOTS Marcano, TOTS Felipe & TOTS Ederson just as good for only 100k? I'd also have the exact funds to upgrade 89 Mertens to his TOTS if I went with this team.

This is my final team btw, & am trying to keep it competitive for WL as well. Open to other suggestions as well. Maybe La Liga has a better combination for under 380k?

This is the team right now: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/4768487

I have no thoughts on those defenders but your username and avatar are amazing.
  • holdenwait
    54756 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    just made a team today with TOTS Mertens , TOTS Koulibaly, TOTS hamsik and TOTS Icardi and finally won the DKT .. all of them sensational (had used all of em previously but Mertens.. and I was skeptical on him but he delivered in spades)

but yeah Koulibaly should feature in your backline %100 whether it's the 88 or TOTS
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2017
    JGCramp wrote: »
    I have no thoughts on those defenders but your username and avatar are amazing.
    lmfao, cheers :D
    holdenwait wrote: »
    just made a team today with TOTS Mertens , TOTS Koulibaly, TOTS hamsik and TOTS Icardi and finally won the DKT .. all of them sensational (had used all of em previously but Mertens.. and I was skeptical on him but he delivered in spades)

but yeah Koulibaly should feature in your backline %100 whether it's the 88 or TOTS
    Yeah, 88 Koulibaly is by far the best CB I've used in this game. Dominant in the air, strong as hell, good on the ball & is fast to boot.

Great to hear that about Mertens! Relatively cheap as well now, & I think he might hit the 550k mark later today. Thanks for the feedback.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner

Agreed. He's a monster at the back. I've been using him since his MOTM came out and he's incredible. I'm currently using the 88, can't imagine how good the TOTS is.
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up

Agreed. He's a monster at the back. I've been using him since his MOTM came out and he's incredible. I'm currently using the 88, can't imagine how good the TOTS is.

It isn't that great. Get tots chiellini instead much better. Tots still turns like a tank

I'm using chiellini with marq.
  • holdenwait
    54756 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    "still turns like a tank"

lmao , he's rapid af, catches anyone, feels agile, tall, strong.. I love how people lose a few games and make up things
  • Brilliant, can get Mertens for 550k on bid right now. Granted, he might dip even more later today & possibly tomorrow during DKT rewards.

Hmmm