Weekend League FIFA 18?

9dal39
222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Anybody else much prefer if they ran the weekend league the Friday until Monday so we get the extra day? seems logical as then you can split the games 10/10/10/10 among the days, and if anybody needs longer than just a tuesday wednesday or thursday to play 4 qualification games I'd be pretty shocked to be fair..

Would be so much better having the extra day to complete the games, as I think most people have walked away from weekend league now because of the time commitment needed to actually complete the games unfortunately..

Everytime they have extended the weekend league due to an issue on the friday or whatever its been brilliant, so why can't we just make that a full time thing?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Should begin 6pm Friday night I think.
  • 9dal39
    time is already too short with it starting 7am friday morning, if it started at 6pm and then finished on tuesday morning at 7am that would be perfect I think, as then you have tuesday wed thur and most of friday to get qualified.
  • shepj6
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2017
    How about they let you pick the number of games you wish to play for that weekend, say 20, 30 or 40 (I'm on PC and 25 at the moment is about perfect, but I'm thinking of moving to PS4). So then, if you know you are going to be short on time just pick 20 for that weekend. Use win rate % for deciding reward level, currently 45% win rate gets you gold 3 and entry for next weekend. For actual pack rewards if you choose just 20 games then these would be of less value to those if you choose 40 (as they are at the moment for us folk on PC compared to Xbox/PS4).

Monthly rewards could also be calculated on overall % win rate (so doesn't matter if one week you enter a 20 game weekend and next a 40 game weekend).
  • 9dal39
    How about they let you pick the number of games you wish to play for that weekend, say 20, 30 or 40 (I'm on PC and 25 at the moment is about perfect, but I'm thinking of moving to PS4). So then, if you know you are going to be short on time just pick 20 for that weekend. Use win rate % for deciding reward level, currently 45% win rate gets you gold 3 and entry for next weekend. For actual pack rewards if you choose just 20 games then these would be of less value to those if you choose 40 (as they are at the moment for us folk on PC compared to Xbox/PS4).

Monthly rewards could also be calculated on overall % win rate (so doesn't matter if one week you enter a 20 game weekend and next a 40 game weekend).

Great idea but far too complex for them they wouldn't do something like this, but the time extension they've done plenty of times on technical issues so I was hoping that maybe if enough people backed it they'd actually take a look.
  • Tsarov
    3659 posts National Call-Up
    Should begin 6pm Friday night I think.

This. 6pm Friday, European time. Who the hell has the possiblity to play during the Friday morning? Pro players, **** Youtubers, babies, who are not going to school, unemployed, who?
  • Spottis
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Good idea, apparently the first round starts on Sept 29 - http://www.fifplay.com/fifa-18-weekend-league/
  • Tsarov
    3659 posts National Call-Up
    First DKO will be so, so sweaty.
  • SeanDCFC
    2414 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tsarov wrote: »

This. 6pm Friday, European time. Who the hell has the possiblity to play during the Friday morning? Pro players, **** Youtubers, babies, who are not going to school, unemployed, who?

Me and I fit into none of the above categories.
  • 9dal39
    Tsarov wrote: »

but 6pm till 6pm monday is still crappy as most still only finish work around 5-6 on a monday, so all day monday until tuesday 7am would be a million times better right?