How did your silvers do this WL?

SummerOfGeorge
3120 posts National Call-Up
Just wrapped up my WL with 21 wins and 4 games remaining. Used a BBVA silver RB and a Series A silver IF LB, both entirely unimpressive. Lucas Silva on the other hand, the CDM from Real Madrid, was quite good playing CCM in a 4312 and CDM in a 41212(2). Scored a few goals and had some assists but mostly he was surprisingly good at winning the ball back.

This was really my first time using silvers for an extended period of time and I was quite surprised how well he performed, could have easily been some NIF gold back there

Comments

• Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Tots Pineda and Montes are GOATS
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Theo Hernandez, Acquah and Soler were all garbage.
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    I just think forcing people to play with silvers in the WL is silly.

I've only played 5 games, but my MLS trio of Acosta, Beasley, and Opara are less bad than most of the choices out there.
  • WFCBagnall
    71287 posts Moderator
    ****. I'm never using silvers again. Useless pieces of ****.
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2017
    Tyrone mings actually wasnt too bad.
    Shaun Maloney was better than expected.
    Cant go wrong with tots Meite
  • Olleman
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Hernandez was absolute garbage, but TOTS Meite and Odubajo was quite Solid tbh. But Hernandez cost me most of my losses tbh :(
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

200w.gif
  • MegsonsBarmyArmy
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jack Hunt was the only one I kept for the full 40 :D And tbh he played very well especially considering he was playing against Son almost every game
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Used Mensah, Denayer, Odubajo. Had Meite TOTS off the bench as well. Defensively all decent but they cant make a proper pass to save their lifes lol
  • IVIRCATALYST
    1290 posts Professional
    Honestly impressed with Fosu-Mensah,Darikwa and Schlupp.
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS Wood - pure **** 3/10
    IF Dallas - not bad apart from his positioning 6/10
    Joaquin Correa - not bad but couldn't defend 6/10
    Daniel Nagy - solid sub 7/10
    Fosu Mensah - not as good as i remember 5/10
    Ryan Donk - average 6/10
    IF Augustinsson - average 6/10
    IF Bergantinos - a nothing player 5/10

Honestly the game just passed them all by, you can really tell the difference with silvers
  • Adiabatic
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Masina the LB has been great. Everyone else I've used has been rubbish
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    TOTS Nicolas Bertolo- meh

TOTS Germán Conti- he really impressed me, he was always in the correct position and actually held his own against the likes of Lukaku, Suarez, Son, etc.

Nathan Ake- decent, he performed what I was expecting of him

Todd Kane- was pretty good I must say, but got tired easily and then just got ran past near the end of matches

Movember Chalobah- always love him, he's like the silver Casemiro and really gave my team the balance it needed. I managed to hit my 100th match played with him this weekend. :)

TOTS Ignacio Fernández- the GOAT silver midfielder. He is just incredible, and from threading through balls, to tackling, to winning headers, to just creating chances. He is something else. For anyone who likes silvers and hasn't tried him, I would definitely recommend him if you can get your hands on one. The guy is amazing. :)
  • TNeves95
    815 posts Semi-Pro
    That RB Darikwa is always good for me and the LB from Juve is solid
  • IVIRCATALYST
    1290 posts Professional
    TNeves95 wrote: »
    That RB Darikwa is always good for me and the LB from Juve is solid

Darikwa's height,pace and strength makes him amazing as a RB.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17252 posts World Class
    Svensson and Sone Aluko are amazing. Zahid and Haugen were awful.
  • Iván
    998 posts Professional
    Darikwa and Zuñiga were OK
    I didnt miss TOTS Azpilicueta , played with MOTM Amartey
  • EddieFicio
    21869 posts Club Captain
    They are brainless idiots, mostly
  • CornishLad
    23939 posts Club Captain

200w.gif

Many ratings for using my favourite gif. Papa Bless you!
  • CornishLad
    23939 posts Club Captain
    Silvers are the bane of my existence. Not sure what EA were thinking when they released those requirements "oh hey, we just released potentially hundreds of 90 rated players. But instead you'll only be able to use 8 golds." it's bloody stupid. I'm all for a bit of variety, but not in fut Champs. Sure have it as a requirement on DKT's but keep them away from Champs
  • ManyakFC
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2017
    used some trash madrid GK for pure link to TOTS ramos, had amarty in midfield who was decent and had a LB from bournemouth brad jones i think not sure, but he was decent too. Honestly though i lost alot more than i usually do because my GK was trash lol i know its my choice but at same time like above i dont understand why silvers should be in WL. i finished on 18 wins with 7 games to go couldnt endure the pain to play more + 50k pack for more players to use in TOTS SBC why not lol. next week ganna need 20 wins for gold 1 monthlies which im stoked about tbh cant wait :D
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    They all struggled. Too many good squads.
  • TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I suffered a lot against Epl silver fullbacks and some **** CM. It was basically playing against full gold squads arr
  • ShaunCPFC
    4281 posts National Call-Up
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    They are brainless idiots, mostly

These are accurate statements.

Anyone who says otherwise is trying to convince themself they weren't as bad as they could of been, but were still w*nk!
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    They're completely useless.
  • PJazz
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite

• tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Garbage. Stupid requirement.
  • Currieman
    4975 posts National Call-Up
    I had Fosu-Mensah, Nathan Ake and Pol Lirola.
    Fosu-Mensah is OK. I found him really good at passing but his stamina is awful and he's a tad slow. He's so strong though. Did pop up with a couple of assists as well so I'd probs use him again.
    Ake is really strong and for some reason I found him amazing at passing as well. Again, a little bit slow but he held his own. I'd use him again.
    Pol Lirola was the worst of the 3 but still not too bad for a silver RB.

As soon as I finished WL though I had to play a seasons game because I wanted to remember what it was like to use SIF Can. It's a completely different game with him :lol:
  • BigBadAl696
    1009 posts Professional
    Odubajo and Micah Richards both proved pretty solid for me and Rob Green in goal was Butland like to the extent I was getting messages saying I'd hacked the goal keepers or the game was bs due to scripting haha
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    cook was actually a decent CM.