OT: Best app for learning Spanish?

D i n k xD
3282 posts National Call-Up
I'm from UK, not sure if that's relevant, but I want an app that would help a complete beginner learn Spanish from scratch. Anyone able to offer some advice?

Also I'm on Android so would require and app from Play store, not apple store.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Fab
    19470 posts World Class
    i am now fluent in 8 languages thanks to duolingo
  • D i n k xD
    Fab wrote: »
    i am now fluent in 8 languages thanks to duolingo

This is the exact app I just looked at. Is it good ye?
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Duolingo is the best by far.

Use it for French
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Gonna learn me some German.
  • D i n k xD
    Peter wrote: »

I have a GCSE in German but had my school taught Spanish I'd have taken it. I did take to German very quickly.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain

I have alot on my list.

Mainly Swedish is on my bucketlist.

French is a pain in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though. Had it for 8 years at school and I still suck at it :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    28417 posts Player of the Year
    Rosetta Stone is expensive but easily the best for learning a new language.
  • Azof
    17875 posts World Class
    What languages do you speak @Fab
  • D i n k xD

Ye that is something I've heard brilliant reviews about, I want to avoid cost, at least to start with, if I can.

Duolingo seems like a good option.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    What you guys reckon is the quickest time you can learn a language fluently if you put alot of effort in? 3 months?
  • Peter
    D i n k xD wrote: »

I have a GCSE in German but had my school taught Spanish I'd have taken it. I did take to German very quickly.

Lived with Germans in Australia for a few months.

Proper pissed me off that I couldnt understand them when they wanted a private conversation :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    28417 posts Player of the Year

Ye that is something I've heard brilliant reviews about, I want to avoid cost, at least to start with, if I can.

Duolingo seems like a good option.

Yeah, duolingo is the best free one in that case.
  • D i n k xD

Proper pissed me off that I couldnt understand them when they wanted a private conversation :joy:

I consider it rude when people do that in a shop :joy: Worst thing is, it can happen in Welsh and even though I'm born and bred in Wales I literally have no idea what's going on :D
  • Peter

I consider it rude when people do that in a shop :joy: Worst thing is, it can happen in Welsh and even though I'm born and bred in Wales I literally have no idea what's going on :D

Youre just standing there nodding and shouting 'poppety ping'
  • Shaanxz
    21297 posts Club Captain
    I speak german and Spanish, german gets confusing once you get to a level and level 7/8 and onwards
  • D i n k xD

Youre just standing there nodding and shouting 'poppety ping'

That one I know, and Pysgod wibbly wobbly. Jellyfish :joy:
  • IVIRCATALYST
    1290 posts Professional
    Rosetta Stone is helping me learn French and Spanish. Great but expensive,if you really want to learn it then buy it.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Santiago wrote: »
    What you guys reckon is the quickest time you can learn a language fluently if you put alot of effort in? 3 months?

If you want to be completely fluent it will take much longer than that. If you're looking to be able to hold basic conversation, then that time frame is feasible.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Narcos
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Duolingo is an excellent resource, but you may want to look to other sources to learn more complex grammar and conjugations.
  • Shaanxz
    21297 posts Club Captain

If you want to be completely fluent it will take much longer than that. If you're looking to be able to hold basic conversation, then that time frame is feasible.

Few years
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite

I have alot on my list.

French is a pain in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though. Had it for 8 years at school and I still suck at it :joy:

Starting with English?

A lot is two words.
    Bucket list is two words.
    Single digit numbers should be spelled out.

"I have a lot on my list with Swedish being on my bucket list. French is a pain in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though. Took it for eight years at school and I still suck at it :joy: "
  • Peter
    Worm wrote: »

I have alot on my list.

Starting with English?

A lot is two words.

"I have a lot on my list with Swedish being on my bucket list. French is a pain in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though. Took it for eight years at school and I still suck at it :joy: "

"I took..."
  • Worm

I have alot on my list.

Starting with English?

A lot is two words.

"I took..."

rekt
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Oh god didn't expect that. :joy:
  • DaWoodyDaCuak
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Watch some Mexican Telenovelas and you are set.
  • MaddMike3711
    12565 posts Has That Special Something
    This by far. I already knew a lot of Portuguese because growing up my best friend was Brazilian, but it just helped me cement my understanding and my fluency even more.

Like SupaNoodle said though, it gets very pricey but well worth it if you really want to learn. :)
  • Worm
    This by far. I already knew a lot of Portuguese because growing up my best friend was Brazilian, but it just helped me cement my understanding and my fluency even more.

Like SupaNoodle said though, it gets very pricey but well worth it if you really want to learn. :)

Am I the only one that didn't know you weren't Brazilian and spoke Portuguese? I always thought you were or first generation American.
  • MaddMike3711
    12565 posts Has That Special Something

Am I the only one that didn't know you weren't Brazilian and spoke Portuguese? I always thought you were or first generation American.
    @Worm yeah probably, and I am American but my story is extremely complicated. :joy:
    I've stated it many times though, and yes my wife is Brazilian, not me. :)
  • maXmood
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite
    i started learning Spanish out of interest, and only recently.. started with Duolingo, it was "ok", but i didn't like the content much. So i joined interpals and got connected to couple of ppl.. that helped alot because once you're on good term with your peer, you could jump to skype or any form of voice conversation.

i've also found couple of good channels on youtube and their content was interesting..

and one last thing to add, BBC had a program, can't remember the name, but it was an interactive webpage, you might wanna look at it.